Poll

Will Nintendo pull off another 30 for 30 in Japan sales this year and, if so, how many times?

Yes. 1 time.
1 (9.1%)
Yes. 2 times.
0 (0%)
Yes. 3 times.
1 (9.1%)
Yes. 4 times.
1 (9.1%)
Yes. 5 times.
1 (9.1%)
Yes. 6 times.
0 (0%)
Yes. 7 times.
1 (9.1%)
Yes. 8 times.
0 (0%)
Yes. 9 times.
2 (18.2%)
Ninten-domination! 10 times or more that the top 30 goes to Nintendo Software.
4 (36.4%)
No. It doesn't happen once this year. Sony plays spoiler.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 16, 2023, 10:54:36 AM

Author Topic: Official Sales Thread  (Read 3163599 times)

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Official Sales Thread
« Reply #8575 on: April 17, 2013, 03:04:57 PM »
If we assume Reggie doesn't count Starfox 64 3d, OOT, Art Academy download promotions as sales, it's pretty good.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #8576 on: April 18, 2013, 07:30:19 PM »
NPD!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/npd-bioshock-infinite-soars-to-top-spot-in-march-us-sales-6407248

MARCH US GAME SALES (March 3-April 6, 2013)
OVERALL DOLLAR SALES
Total retail sales: $992.5 million (-10%)
Non-PC hardware: $221.6 million (-32%)
Non-PC software: $554.8 (-1%)
Accessories: $216.1 (0%)
Total software: $602.4 million (2%)

TOP 10 GAMES FOR MARCH 2013
Title (Platforms) - Publisher
1. BioShock Infinite (X360, PS3, PC) - Take-Two Interactive
2. Tomb Raider (X360, PS3) - Square Enix
3. Gears of War: Judgment (X360) - Microsoft
4. God of War: Ascension (PS3) Sony
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (X360, PS3, PC, Wii U) - Activision Blizzard
6. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS) - Nintendo     415k
7. MLB13: The Show (PS3, PS Vita) - Sony
8. NBA 2K13 (X360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PC) - Take-Two Interactive
9. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (X360, PS3, Wii U) - Activision Blizzard
10. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (X360, PS3) - Namco Bandai Games

Nice to see Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon up there.

"With solid performances of new games like Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, and Monster Hunter Ultimate 3, 3DS software sales increased over 50 percent from last March."

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #8577 on: April 18, 2013, 07:44:58 PM »
I'm a bit disappointed that Tomb Raider was "only" #2 for that month given how much I enjoy that game & didn't find Bioshock Infinite all that great.  Still, good to see some new blood on the charts.  I guess Heart of the Swarm did most of its business in digital, because I can't understand otherwise why it didn't chart.

But seriously...Walking Dead: Survival Instinct at #9? Well, there goes my last shred of hope in humanity.  :@   Popular game or not, that game has NEVER looked like it would EVER be a good game (and wonder of wonders...it wasn't).
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8578 on: April 18, 2013, 08:24:45 PM »
I thought I read somewhere that Tomb Raider actually sold about 10,000 more copies than Bioshock Infinite.  And I thought it was in this thread. But I can't find it.  Maybe it was on another site.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #8579 on: April 18, 2013, 08:56:46 PM »
No Monster Hunter or Lego City :( I think those games will have long tails though.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #8580 on: April 18, 2013, 09:59:58 PM »
No Monster Hunter or Lego City :( I think those games will have long tails though.

I suspect Monster Hunter did a huge set of eShop numbers, but both fell victim to a low userbase.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8581 on: April 19, 2013, 02:45:57 AM »
According to the poster at on GAF with NPD numbers, Lego City did somewhere between 100-130k.  Monster Hunter also did between that if you combined the 3DS and Wii U versions together, but the 3DS version sold better then the Wii U version.

Lego City sales are actually pretty good considering the userbase for the Wii U is only a little over 1 million at this point and it came out at the end of the month.  It's already one of the highest selling games on the system with less then two weeks of sales.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #8582 on: April 19, 2013, 03:05:18 AM »
According to the poster at on GAF with NPD numbers, Lego City did somewhere between 100-130k.  Monster Hunter also did between that if you combined the 3DS and Wii U versions together, but the 3DS version sold better then the Wii U version.

Lego City sales are actually pretty good considering the userbase for the Wii U is only a little over 1 million at this point and it came out at the end of the month.  It's already one of the highest selling games on the system with less then two weeks of sales.

Well, if we're opening the Floodgates to the Neogaf numbers, there are two big numbers that stick out to me:

Wii U hardware sales - 67,000 - 68,000 units sold  :-X (business as usual for the Wii U)
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Wii U version) - "less than 10,000" units sold  :Q (and there goes what little EA support the Wii U had)

There's also a number that bugs me on the 3DS side:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate - "less than 30,000" units sold.  :-\ (I liked that game, but with sales that poor a console port is pretty inevitable at this point)

March was easily Wii U's best month for new software since launch, and even with 2 major exclusives and 1 major port (Need for Speed), the Wii U is still floundering in the same general sales area it did when it didn't have new software.  Granted, none of these new titles were on the level of a new Mario or Zelda title, but it's the total lack of an impact on console sales that concerns me.

So...how much longer are we going to pretend that the Wii U is not in serious trouble (& possibly beyond the 3DS year 1 analogy at this point), as Nintendo continues to announce major projects for the 3DS as they quietly delay big Wii U titles? The big talking point before was that the thing was selling poorly due to lack of new games, but March is as good as things are going to get for the Wii U until late summer and it really didn't seem to matter.  I gather we're going to continue hearing that B.S. about how "people just don't understand the value of Wii U" for several more months to come.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 03:20:35 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8583 on: April 19, 2013, 03:30:35 AM »
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate - "less than 30,000" units sold.  :-\ (I liked that game, but with sales that poor a console port is pretty inevitable at this point)
From what we heard it from developers it was inevitable from day one. And not only console and but PC port as well.

Yeah, nice going devs. You killed my what tiny wee little measly interest i had in buying your game knowing it will soon be ported to PC.

LEGO is doing good all things considered. This will probably have some legs.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #8584 on: April 19, 2013, 05:25:34 AM »
So...how much longer are we going to pretend that the Wii U is not in serious trouble (& possibly beyond the 3DS year 1 analogy at this point), as Nintendo continues to announce major projects for the 3DS as they quietly delay big Wii U titles? The big talking point before was that the thing was selling poorly due to lack of new games, but March is as good as things are going to get for the Wii U until late summer and it really didn't seem to matter.  I gather we're going to continue hearing that B.S. about how "people just don't understand the value of Wii U" for several more months to come.

It would be foolish to not be concerned for the Wii U since the January 2013 sales. Are we witnessing the start of the worst disaster to befall on a console that will not kill its parent company. Eh... I still say to wait to see how things are at the 1st anniversary.

The lack of new games isn't why the console is selling poorly. The console is selling poorly because it is failing to be desirable system that has desirable software (i.e. system seller, killer app). As good as LEGO City: Undercover, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and Need for Speed: Most Wanted U are, they are not the games most people would buy an entirely new system for. Personally, I don't see anything that is special and awesome that is currently available for the Wii U. I expect that will change once Monolith's X comes around.

As an aside, I got a Wii late in 2010 and had a mental list of titles I wanted to get. I got an Xbox 360 somewhat for free (odd happenings with the PC/360 promotion) and would've not gotten it otherwise despite a passing fondness for the Halo series and a desire to play Platinum games. I recently got a good deal on a PS3 and am anticipating a few JRPGs. Oh, and I snagged a deal on 3DS XL in December of last year so I can play Liberation Maiden! Half-joking with that; excited for JRPGs and MonHun 4. I'm probably a odd case in how I wait for a good deal. Even if Monolith's X, Super Smash Bros. 4, or some unexpected & amazing Wii U game were released, I wouldn't get a Wii U unless I could get a good bundle or discount.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #8585 on: April 19, 2013, 05:32:09 AM »

Once again the DS and 3DS were doing terrible early on as well.  So saying the Wii U is doomed when it's still just a few months old is very foolish, when there's still plenty of time to turn it around.  Yes, the fact Wii U hardware didn't increase with some game isn't good, but that just goes to show the $350 price tag is still a major issue as well.  Hell, the fact the Wii still sells better then the Wii U despite having nothing released for it, pretty much proves how important the high price tag still is.  The DS still outsold the 3DS until the price was cut, not hard to imagine a Wii U price cut can do the same.

Lego City was the only truly major game as well.  Monster Hunter is a smaller series in the West that was hurt by the fact the same damn game was available on the cheaper 3DS so that was always going to be a non-factor.  Of course even in the case of Lego City, every other Lego game was based on an already hugely popular franchise like Star Wars, Harry Potter, Batman etc.  Since Lego City isn't based on anything, there's a good chance a lot of the audience for these games just isn't interested because the appeal of playing a Lego parody of a series they already love isn't there.  If Nintendo was to release a Smash Bros game with the gameplay the exact same, but all the characters are now completely original instead of popular Nintendo characters, do you think that game would sell anywhere close to what the previous games with Nintendo characters did?

Oh and don't even mention Need for Speed because that game was intentionally set up to fail because EA's still butt hurt Nintendo didn't give them the keys to their entire online, something they never should have expected in the first place.  Releasing a port several months late at full price was never in a million years going to sell, and EA was a joke to do so.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8586 on: April 19, 2013, 06:11:32 AM »
Do NFS sales include direct sales from the Origin store? Because I know a lot of people jumped on that sale.

Plus, it was ported by a small team (I think I read a dozen at Criterion) so it will probably still be profitable over its lifetime.

I expect Capcom to go port happy with Monster Hunter since their company profits are way down. Look for it on the HD twins and Vita! Nintendo will probably let them even if they have an exclusive contract because Nintendo has shown a soft spot for a floundering Capcom. Remember the Gamecube's Capcom five and how they almost all went to PS2 eventually?

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #8587 on: April 19, 2013, 07:51:11 AM »
I don't suppose the barren wasteland of Wii U games are a sign that Nintendo are abandoning a sinking ship and building a real system?

*Daydream bubble pops*

What am I thinking. Of course not. Nintendo are far too arrogant to admit mistakes. They would rather alienate as many of their supporters as possible.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8588 on: April 19, 2013, 08:43:32 AM »
"Real System" ?? Go pre-order your PS4, pug.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8589 on: April 19, 2013, 09:41:00 AM »
Do NFS sales include direct sales from the Origin store? Because I know a lot of people jumped on that sale.

Plus, it was ported by a small team (I think I read a dozen at Criterion) so it will probably still be profitable over its lifetime.

I expect Capcom to go port happy with Monster Hunter since their company profits are way down. Look for it on the HD twins and Vita! Nintendo will probably let them even if they have an exclusive contract because Nintendo has shown a soft spot for a floundering Capcom. Remember the Gamecube's Capcom five and how they almost all went to PS2 eventually?
I don't think Nintendo will let them go back on Monster Hunter 4.  Now after Monster Hunter 4 is released I fully expect their to be a Monster Hunter Portable 4 for Vita about 6 months later.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #8590 on: April 19, 2013, 10:21:29 AM »
So apparently the standalone Kinect Camera sold 2X more than the Wii U according to the NPD guy on gaf.

Also **** Monster Hunter sales. Capcom needs to ignore that series in the US and focus on Dragon's Dogma getting multiplayer.

edit: I take that back since Monster Hunter has a US fanbase and the series probably covers its localization costs between WW sales. I just want Dragon's Dogma with a multiplayer component.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 10:24:26 AM by shingi_70 »
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8591 on: April 19, 2013, 01:48:08 PM »
March for the Wii U was merely a better month than some others were and others will be.  It wasn't really a GOOD month so I don't think it would change too many people's opinion of the Wii U or would tip in favour of a purchase.  Videogame systems compete with each other so really the Wii U's March compares to that of other videogame systems on the market.  Don't overrate that which is good by "Wii U standards".  The Wii U still has an incredibly weak lineup of games.

If the situation didn't improve, and I sure thought the DS was fucked at this point in its life so it is still early, and Nintendo felt the need to quickly replace the Wii U, I wonder if they go with a model that acts as an upgrade.  Now I'm sure someone will say "that will segregate the market" but I'm thinking a little different than Sega CD type thing.  What if Nintendo released a new console that is backwards compatible with the Wii U, and the marketing is primarily focused on the new console?  However, to please existing Wii U owners they also offer an add-on that turns the Wii U into the new system, but the marketing for the add-on is more low key and the add-on is only available from Nintendo's web site or has limited retail availability in gamer focused stores like Gamestop but not Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, etc.  The idea of the add-on is entirely to not piss off the small existing Wii U userbase that would be pretty upset that their new console become obsolete so fast.  They get a cheaper way to upgrade to the new console.  Now of course the hardware has to be designed to allow the entire existing Wii U hardware to be contained within it and I don't even know how feasible or logical such a design would be.  And this is only if the Wii U really is DOOMED and cannot last a normal console lifecycle.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #8592 on: April 19, 2013, 02:02:39 PM »
March for the Wii U was merely a better month than some others were and others will be.  It wasn't really a GOOD month so I don't think it would change too many people's opinion of the Wii U or would tip in favour of a purchase.  Videogame systems compete with each other so really the Wii U's March compares to that of other videogame systems on the market.  Don't overrate that which is good by "Wii U standards".  The Wii U still has an incredibly weak lineup of games.

If the situation didn't improve, and I sure thought the DS was fucked at this point in its life so it is still early, and Nintendo felt the need to quickly replace the Wii U, I wonder if they go with a model that acts as an upgrade.  Now I'm sure someone will say "that will segregate the market" but I'm thinking a little different than Sega CD type thing.  What if Nintendo released a new console that is backwards compatible with the Wii U, and the marketing is primarily focused on the new console?  However, to please existing Wii U owners they also offer an add-on that turns the Wii U into the new system, but the marketing for the add-on is more low key and the add-on is only available from Nintendo's web site or has limited retail availability in gamer focused stores like Gamestop but not Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, etc.  The idea of the add-on is entirely to not piss off the small existing Wii U userbase that would be pretty upset that their new console become obsolete so fast.  They get a cheaper way to upgrade to the new console.  Now of course the hardware has to be designed to allow the entire existing Wii U hardware to be contained within it and I don't even know how feasible or logical such a design would be.  And this is only if the Wii U really is DOOMED and cannot last a normal console lifecycle.
we could MAYBE see an expansion pack with added ram to help the Wii U with PS4/720 games but that is the thinking that screwed sega over... but the ps4 spec sheet is all show to be honest, an eight core processor from tablets against a tri-core processor from PC, and considering the monstronsity of a gpu nintendo cooked up it shouldn't need much more then that

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8593 on: April 19, 2013, 02:09:51 PM »
So apparently the standalone Kinect Camera sold 2X more than the Wii U according to the NPD guy on gaf.

Also **** Monster Hunter sales. Capcom needs to ignore that series in the US and focus on Dragon's Dogma getting multiplayer.

edit: I take that back since Monster Hunter has a US fanbase and the series probably covers its localization costs between WW sales. I just want Dragon's Dogma with a multiplayer component.
A very active community at that http://www.capcom-unity.com/go/network/forum
Just look at the forum stats compared to all of Capcoms other games.  Thats just the official one.

Also I didn't know Capcom had anything to do with NeoPets. 
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #8594 on: April 19, 2013, 05:09:36 PM »
"Real System" ?? Go pre-order your PS4, pug.

PC for me from here on in.  Bargain bin Wii U for exclusives later. 

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #8595 on: April 24, 2013, 11:55:17 AM »
Japan numbers!

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546116

Top-seller:  Friend Collection: New Life - 404.858 / NEW

Nintendo 3DS/3DS XL sales: 75.922 | Total sales: 11.217.784

PlayStation Vita sales: 15.011 | Total sales:  1.515.335

Wii U sales: 8.798 | Total sales: 887.812

Media Create Sales: Week 16, 2013 (Apr 15 - Apr 21)

01./00. [3DS] Friend Collection: New Life # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2013.04.18} (Â¥4.800) - 404.858 / NEW
02./00. [PS3] Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Storm 3 <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.04.18} (Â¥7.480) - 87.661 / NEW
03./00. [PSP] 7th Dragon 2020-II <RPG> (Sega) {2013.04.18} (Â¥6.279) - 73.697 / NEW
04./01. [3DS] Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon <ACT> (Nintendo) {2013.03.20} (Â¥4.800) - 41.296 / 557.271 (-27%)
05./03. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2012.11.08} (Â¥4.800) - 34.482 / 3.096.559 (-6%)
06./00. [PSP] Amnesia Crowd # <ADV> (Idea Factory) {2013.04.18} (Â¥6.090) - 24.780 / NEW
07./02. [3DS] Card Fight!! Vanguard: Ride to Victory!! <TBL> (FuRyu) {2013.04.11} (Â¥5.229) - 9.161 / 53.698 (-79%)
08./04. [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.03.20} (Â¥8.190) - 7.887 / 378.645 (-38%)
09./25. [3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.05} (Â¥5.040) - 6.294 / 464.573
10./00. [360] Monster Hunter Frontier: G1 Premium Package <ACT> (Capcom) {2013.04.17} (Â¥6.090) - 6.042 / NEW
11./09. [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2012.07.28} (Â¥4.800) - 5.866 / 2.002.396 (-9%)
12./05. [PS3] Pro Baseball Spirits 2013 <SPT> (Konami) {2013.03.20} (Â¥7.980) - 5.571 / 155.296 (-31%)
13./16. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Best Price!) <ACT> (Capcom) {2012.11.15} (Â¥3.800) - 5.180 / 290.004 (+9%)
14./08. [PSP] Pro Baseball Spirits 2013 <SPT> (Konami) {2013.03.20} (Â¥3.980) - 5.097 / 129.423 (-21%)
15./10. [PSP] Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment # <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.03.14} (Â¥6.280) - 5.001 / 191.444 (-22%)
16./07. [PSV] Muramasa Rebirth <RPG> (Marvelous AQL) {2013.03.28} (Â¥4.980) - 4.555 / 67.842 (-30%)
17./15. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (Â¥4.800) - 4.518 / 2.029.645 (-5%)
18./11. [PS3] Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX <RPG> (Square Enix) {2013.03.14} (Â¥6.980) - 4.270 / 193.439 (-29%)
19./12. [PSV] Soul Sacrifice # <ACT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2013.03.07} (Â¥5.980) - 4.162 / 164.825 (-18%)
20./06. [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.11.29} (Â¥5.040) - 3.950 / 453.256 (-43%)

Top 20

3DS - 8
PS3 - 4
PSP - 4
PSV - 2
360 - 1
WII - 1

HARDWARE
Code:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |     LTD     |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 3DS # |     75.922 |     46.723 |     84.760 |  1.437.904 |  1.461.116 |  11.217.784 |
|  PSV  |     15.011 |     14.112 |      8.206 |    384.510 |    227.891 |   1.515.335 |
|  PS3  |     13.915 |     14.039 |     16.390 |    348.675 |    474.147 |   9.208.759 |
|  WIU  |      8.798 |      9.984 |            |    260.525 |            |     887.812 |
| PSP # |      7.816 |      7.566 |     11.779 |    234.368 |    317.723 |  19.863.379 |
|  WII  |      1.379 |      1.383 |      7.025 |     30.745 |    181.128 |  12.669.581 |
|  360  |        515 |        492 |      1.282 |     11.091 |     24.595 |   1.624.925 |
|  ALL  |    123.356 |     94.299 |    131.890 |  2.707.818 |  2.737.816 |  56.987.575 |
| 3DSLL |     57.089 |     28.139 |            |    904.787 |            |   2.995.158 |
|  3DS  |     18.833 |     18.584 |     84.760 |    533.117 |  1.461.116 |   8.222.626 |
|  PSP  |      7.816 |      7.566 |     11.779 |    234.368 |    317.723 |  19.687.392 |

Tomodachi Collection for the 3DS explodes out of the gate with 400k sold in a single week, rendering all other competitors weak and impotent.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #8596 on: April 24, 2013, 12:32:51 PM »
Nintendo fiscal year results for those that ended in March 31, 2012 and March 31, 2013.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2013/130424e.pdf

Articles that will do a better job than I could:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-24-nintendo-makes-surprise-profit-despite-lower-than-expected-wii-u-sales
http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/24/4259328/nintendo-posts-loss-wii-u-sales-weaker
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/24/kid-icarus-uprising-luigis-mansion-dark-moon-sell-over-1-million/

While Nintendo has suffered an operating loss of 36.4 billion yen (US$366 million), gains in currency-exchange has put it back in black at a net income of 7 billion yen ($71 million). An operating loss is still a bad thing to have, but it's nice to see some money was made and that there was no repeat loss.

Nintendo currently sits on a totals assets worth of 1.44 trillion yen (US$14.48 billion). This includes everything down to the kitchen sinks and the toilets!

The 3DS has sold 31.09 million hardware units and 95.03 million software units in its lifetime-to-date. That's a (software-to-hardware) attach rate of 3.05 pieces of software to 1 hardware unit. In Japan, the number of new titles released in the fiscal year grew from 92 in 2012 to 97 in 2013. The Americas and other regions saw a drop from 86 new titles to 77 and 89 to 84, respectively.

The Wii U has sold 3.45 million hardware units and 13.42 million software units in its lifetime-to-date. That's an attach rate of 3.88. There are currently 20 titles for the Wii U in Japan, 44 in the Americas, and 37 in other regions.

Fun facts of individual title sales:

Pokemon Black Version 2/Pokemon White Version 2 - 7.81 million

Super Mario 3D Land – 8.29 million

Mario Kart 7 – 8.08 million

New Super Mario Bros. 2 – 6.42 million

Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 3.86 million (Japan-only)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D – 2.95 million

Nintendogs + cats – 2.70 million

Paper Mario: Sticker Star – 1.97 million

Pokémon Rumble Blast – 1.29 million

Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon – 1.22 million

Kid Icarus: Uprising – 1.18 million

Mario Tennis Open – 1.11 million

New Super Mario Bros. U - 2.15 million

Nintendo Land - 2.6 million (I assume this includes bundled units)

Also:
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/33989
Satoru Iwata takes the title of CEO of Nintendo of America as Tatsumi Kimishima is promoted to general manager of Corporate Analysis and Administration, and general manager of the General Affairs Division at NCL.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 02:59:54 PM by Enner »

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8597 on: April 24, 2013, 01:17:39 PM »
The Wii U has sold 3.45 million hardware units
Almost three and a half million units within its first five months? That doesn't sound too bad. I wonder how it compares to Wii, PS3, X-Box 360 and Gamecube?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #8598 on: April 24, 2013, 01:17:53 PM »
I love seeing these individual numbers. So when did Iwata want to reach 5 million by like April 1st?

One thing about sales in this day and age it seems like people are just smarter. While I see sales of the Ps420 to be better at the start I don't know if it will be significantly better. Internet has been the mainstream for a long time but it feels like now people understand how to wait for what they want and don't get fooled by too much glitzy PR. Seems like more and more people wait for price drops and a decent sized library, as in its hard to "fool" people on just that one game anymore at launch.

I'm looking forward to the one game that lamers go for and the one game that casuals go for. The casual one is probably going to be health inspector and it can tell you if your going to have a heart attack.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 01:26:12 PM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8599 on: April 24, 2013, 01:25:38 PM »
I'm looking forward to the one game that lamers go for and the one game that casuals go for. The casual one is probably going to be health inspector and it can tell you if your going to have a heart attack.
Bring on the Vitality Sensor at last!
Oui, Mon Gars!