Author Topic: Official DS Sales Thread  (Read 699648 times)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: Official DS Sales Thread
« Reply #1350 on: February 16, 2006, 12:22:51 AM »
This has got to be the first major Nintendo game ever where the sales are Europe > US > Japan. New market GET!

Last weeks French chart

1. Nintendogs : Labrador (Nintendo, NDS)
2. Mario Party 7 (Nintendo, GC)
3. FIFA 06 (EA, PS2)
4. Nintendogs : Teckel (Nintendo, NDS)
5. Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (Konami, PS2)
6. Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas platinum (Take 2, PS2)
7. Dead or Alive 4 (Microsoft, Xbox 360)
8. Dragon Ball Z : Supersonic Warriors 2 (Atari, NDS)
9. Need For Speed Most Wanted (EA, PS2)
10. Mario Kart DS (Nintendo, NDS)

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: February 16, 2006, 05:57:34 AM »
Go Nintendogs.  I wonder how PSP is doing versus DS in Europe?  I wish we had European numbers for GameCube and Xbox, too.  Oh well!
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: February 16, 2006, 07:05:40 AM »
Dunno how the PSP is doing, some stores are allocating a LOT of space to it (one even had it replace the GBA completely) while others treat it worse than the Gamecube. I suppose Sony is paying for shelf presence.

RE:Official DS Sales Thread
« Reply #1353 on: February 16, 2006, 09:40:14 AM »

Originally posted by: couchmonkey
Go Nintendogs.  I wonder how PSP is doing versus DS in Europe?  I wish we had European numbers for GameCube and Xbox, too.  Oh well!

The latest sales numbers has the DS leading the PSP in Europe 3.7 million to 2.4 million so the DS has a healthy lead everywhere but here and It seems that the DS is bulding momentum in the US as of late as well. Those stupid new PSP ads looked like crap Nintendo would have put out. It seem that Nintendo's ads for DS are far better than the crap Sony is churning out for PSP. Its weird the one thing Sony always nailed was there ad campaigns. The PSP ads are almost as bad as the initial 360 ads shown last year.
Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: February 16, 2006, 11:13:58 AM »
Well I say we give it a couple months and see. 2005 ws slow at first for DS then once the game started coming people jumped on board. Tetris Ds and MP Hunters both come out next month so those games should make a big impact. I already no several PSP people who are going to get a DS for Tetris DS and I know some who are starting to get excited about MP:H
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: February 16, 2006, 12:37:00 PM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
Dunno how the PSP is doing, some stores are allocating a LOT of space to it (one even had it replace the GBA completely) while others treat it worse than the Gamecube. I suppose Sony is paying for shelf presence.

For all the shelf space they're dedicated to UMDs, I've never seen anybody looking at or buying one. I know they must sell some just by the simple fact that so many people have PSPs (and they're sure as hell not buying them to play games), but if I had a retail store and was giving those UMDs such prime retail space for as little interest as they seem to generate, I think I'd have to be getting a hell of a deal from Sony to pimp them.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: February 16, 2006, 12:56:00 PM »
I think the PSP is selling so well because people are buying it and loading their own music, movies and software on it.

I can't speak for every retail store, but I can say that we don't move hardly any software or movies for the system.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline 31 Flavas

• View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: February 16, 2006, 01:05:47 PM »
While Nintendo doesn't pay them a dime, the games and system get shoved to the back of the store and they still sell like gangbusters.
"Once 6 A.M roles around on Friday it's like a human tsunami and everything will be taken within minutes." -- Luigi Dude

Offline Avinash_Tyagi

• View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: February 16, 2006, 01:50:03 PM »
The shortages are hurting the DS, hopefully they fix the supply issues.

Also its interesting to see that the only place the PSP is threatening the DS is in NA guess, it shows just how casual the US market is.

Offline Cap

• View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: February 16, 2006, 02:50:54 PM »

Originally posted by: UncleBob
I think the PSP is selling so well because people are buying it and loading their own music, movies and software on it.

I can't speak for every retail store, but I can say that we don't move hardly any software or movies for the system.

it appears that your store isnt the only one.....

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6144463.html

i wonder what they will use to fill all that shelf space? i heard that the psp plays games....i think its just a rumour though.

Offline cmoney

• View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: February 16, 2006, 03:17:09 PM »
"Sony, realizing that comedy UMDs sell much better than action or horror UMDs, will be adding Not Another Teen Movie and Monty Python content to its lineup" I'm  trying extremely hard to understand the PSP demographic. This is making it more challenging.

Offline Amodaus1

• View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: February 16, 2006, 04:01:58 PM »
i don't get it, if the UMD is selling badly and the games are too, how is it doing well in US

(i still don't believe its doing better then the DS, NPD isn't realiable)

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: February 16, 2006, 04:07:10 PM »
Now why do they think an adapter to play UMD's on TV would be all that great?  If I wanted to watch a movie on my TV I would get a DVD of it, not the 4 in. version.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: February 16, 2006, 04:18:26 PM »
But you can't bring the DVD with you on the go!

Oh, wait...  
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: February 16, 2006, 04:36:51 PM »

Originally posted by: Amodaus1
i don't get it, if the UMD is selling badly and the games are too, how is it doing well in US

(i still don't believe its doing better then the DS, NPD isn't realiable)

I wonder about those sales myself. Maybe Sony executives are buying  thousands of PSPs and storing them in Kramer's apartment
Serenity Now!

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: February 16, 2006, 04:50:19 PM »
Geez, reading a Seinfeld script makes it seem like *I* could write something like that.  It's all just so simple and stupid, but when I see the final product it's genius.  Huh,  
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline cmoney

• View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: February 16, 2006, 06:54:30 PM »
I'm going to cry when I buy and watch the last season. *sigh* It's sad, how time passes.

That's what we need. Seinfeld: The Next Generation. Hand it over to the younger folk in a few years. God, what a disaster that'd be.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: February 16, 2006, 08:00:40 PM »
Sony has stated that they are going to start using the PSP as a way to compete against Ipod, since Walkman isnt doing so well as an MP3 player, and they are really pushing the multi media features over the games right now.

I think a lot of peopel who buy PSP buy it as a do anything device. Everybody wants a good Mp3 player and MP3 players that have SD slots are theoreticaly better than ones with hardrives/flash drives because you can always add more songs to them as you get more cards.

Also I hear a lot of people say that although portabledvd plaeyrs are better for watching movies on than PSP, the fact that you can also stor emusic, photos, browse websites and if you felt like it, play games on it. Tahst why it sells period. Oh and its Playstation and people buy anything Sony splaps Playstations name on.  
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: February 16, 2006, 08:08:05 PM »
Everybody wants a good Mp3 player and MP3 players that have SD slots are theoreticaly better than ones with hardrives/flash drives because you can always add more songs to them as you get more cards.

Well yes but the PSP doesn't support SD cards, since it's a Sony device it only takes Sony formats.

BTW, NoE announced that they've sold more than 2 Million copies of Nintendogs Europe-wide.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: February 18, 2006, 09:57:00 AM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k

BTW, NoE announced that they've sold more than 2 Million copies of Nintendogs Europe-wide.

Originally posted by: BlackNMild2k1 Thu February 16, 2006 3:04 AM   
Nintendogs hits the 2 MILLION mark in Europe!!!

The phenomenal success of Nintendogs continues to go from strength to strength for Nintendo with the latest sales across Europe reaching 2 million.

Nintendogs has also made a massive impact across the globe, with sales in the US reaching 1.5 million and over 1 million in Japan.

4.5 million and counting (not including AUS, outher asian countries<+Russia> and anything below the US border)

5 million ww according to Mario's data
posted about 20 post ago

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: February 22, 2006, 02:26:11 PM »

Originally posted by: cmoney
I'm going to cry when I buy and watch the last season. *sigh* It's sad, how time passes.

That's what we need. Seinfeld: The Next Generation. Hand it over to the younger folk in a few years. God, what a disaster that'd be.

Isn't that what Curb Your Enthusiasm is?

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: February 22, 2006, 05:22:16 PM »
Media Create Sales 13 Feb ~ 19 Feb

DS sales continue to fall to the bottom end of the chart...

01 PS2 Monster Hunter 2 - 362,173 / 362,173
02 NDS Brain Age 2 - 64,856 / 1,278,458
03 NDS DS English Training - 52,481 / 476,695
04 NDS Animal Crossing WW - 50,808 / 1,900,871
05 PS2 Bleach RPG - 41,480 / 41,480
06 NDS Brain Age - 33,194 / 1,554,037
07 PSP Monster Hunter Portable - 27,823 / 495,003
08 NDS Mario Kart DS - 15,832 / 1,114,304
09 PS2 Siren 2 - 12,911 / 62,691
10 PS2 Winning Eleven 9 Bonus Pack - 12,087 / 67,786

11 NDS Eyeshield 21 DS
12 NDS Right Brain Master! Machigai Museum (Namco)
13 PS2 Shin Onimusha DAWN OF DREAMS
14 NDS Big Brain Academy
15 PS2 Tourist Trophy
16 NDS Tamagotchi DS
17 PS2 Final Fantasy 7 -DoC-
18 PS2 Nobnaga's Ambition
19 NGC Super Mario Strikers
20 NDS Daredemo Asobi Taizen DS
21 NDS Mario & Luigi RPG 2
22 NDS Bleach DS
23 PS2 SIREN (PlayStation 2 the Best)
24 NDS Pokemon Fushgi no Dungeon DS
25 PS2 Ar Tonelico
26 PSP Brain Trainer Portable (Sega)
27 GBA Pokemon Fushgi no Dungeon
28 PS2 Dance Dance Revolution STRIKE
29 GBA Famicom Mini - Super Mario Bros.
30 NDS Slime Morimori Dragon Quest 2

I bet DS hardware sales are in the 4 digits. GameCube is going to have a new friend this year. Also, looks like Sony has a massive new hit franchise on their hands with Monster Hunter, the next Pokemon? Seems so. Nintendo's tried to replicate Pokemon's success, but failed many times, the incredible popularity of Monster Hunter must be burning them.

Offline RiskyChris

• View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: February 22, 2006, 05:25:45 PM »
I don't understand, the top 10 has 5 NDS games.

Are you saying the system sales are diminishing?  The DS Lite was announced, and will be released in a week.  I imagine a lot of people are holding off on that.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: February 22, 2006, 05:52:07 PM »
I call for this thread to be renamed "Mario uses too much sarcasm + DS Sales maybe"...  
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: February 22, 2006, 06:07:29 PM »
Once again the sarcasm dripping from Mario's post engulfs another unsuspecting victim..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig