Author Topic: Wario Ware Touched Demo Out Now!  (Read 3224 times)

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Wario Ware Touched Demo Out Now!
« on: February 18, 2005, 07:15:08 AM »
During my weekly rounds, I discovered that most stores with a DS demo system have Wario Ware installed now. It's pretty trippy.

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Wario Ware Touched Demo Out Now!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 12:51:30 PM »
this game = l33t.

seriously, i think this is as good as or better than sm64ds.  even though a lot of the games are like.  practically the same.  but whatever.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 12:39:43 PM »
Just picked this up, and it's an absolute blast...Lack of variety my ass... *flips off mediocre reviews*
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 12:51:39 AM »
What, people compained about a lack of VARIETY??? If they complained it was too easy (it takes effort to fail in most level 1 games) I'd agree but variety is defionitely not the issue.

Offline foolish03

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 11:55:04 AM »
I think they just wanted a reason to down a nintendo product.  It seems to be the thing these days.
"If you can read these letters, Your waisting your time..."
---------------------------------------

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 07:54:22 AM »
I think the 'lack of variety' comments were in regard to the micro-games being grouped by how you beat them, rather than by the aesthetics (like the first one).

For example, in the original you had sports, sci-fi, weird, etc.  and on some of them you had to press a button at the right time, or trace a path, or button mash as fast as possible, etc.  In Touched, the games are classified by how you beat them; i.e. rub, poke, trace, blow etc.  This can potentially lead to playing the same game over and over, just with different aesthetics.

Note:  I haven't played this game yet, so I could be way off.  This is just the info I pulled from the reviews I read.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Urkel

• Reggie Fart-Aime
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:Wario Ware Touched Demo Out Now!
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2005, 05:22:18 PM »
kingvudu: I think that would explain why the game is perceived to have less variety, but just looking at the opening Wario themed games would prove otherwise. Yes, it has some same-ish popping balloons and poking things that aren't balloons microgames, but it also has three memory based microgames and a math(!) microgame. Too bad that in the minds of most reviewers, poking balloons is the same as poking keys on a calculator while solving a math problem.

Hell, the original WW had games that played absolutely identically but had different graphics. Touched does not, with the possible exception of the mic based games.

KDR: I don't see the point in complaining about this game being too easy. It's a game that continues on and on forever with an increasing difficulty. I suppose it isn't very hard to beat this game, and by "beat" I mean unlock the credits. But the point of WW isn't to beat the game, it's to get high scores.

Anyway, I'm just a little annoyed that this game is getting meh scores even though it's by far the best DS game out right now, and it really shows off what you can do with the DS's features.
"ROFS? Rolling on the floor... starving?"- Phoenix Wright

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 07:04:44 AM »
I do believe they should have made it harder to beat a character, the first WW had the boss at around 20-25 for the later characters, why does Touched not go beyond 16?

Offline joshnickerson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 07:05:23 AM »
I've decided that my local newspaper "video game review guy" is a complete idiot. He gave this game a low score, citing that "The mini-games were too short and flashed by to quickly" and that "none of these mini-games could be a stand-alone title".

Uh... that's the freakin POINT of the game???

Edit: I really suck at spelling lately...

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 11:31:27 AM »
That's unfortunate.  It reminds me of when I was in high school Drama Club during a competition. (One-act Play)  One judge ranked us dead last because "our scene changes were too obvious."  When if the judge had ever seen any production of Man of La Mancha, EVER, she would have known that was the point, that the play was being done in a prison and the characters used crap from the prison as a set for the "play-within-the-play."

And that guy sux LOL.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2005, 07:51:05 AM »
Whoa, now THAT is an idiot. That's like claiming "The sky sucks because it isn't on the ground" or "P.N. 03 sucks because you can't both run and shoot".

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 07:36:05 PM »
I didn't pick this up at launch, and just got it on sale.. and wow, the game really IS distilled crack.

There are a few minigames that can easily be the foundation of an amazing full-fleshed games, and I'm surprised the ideas haven't been used as much as they should have.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 02:47:21 AM »
And I'm the one who gets picked on for bumping posts?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 05:34:38 PM »
Icecold, where did you find your copy that it was on sale?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 05:36:03 PM »
I used to love the ping-pong unlockable.