Author Topic: Trophies Not just from Nintendo....  (Read 6625 times)

Offline NinjaWang

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Trophies Not just from Nintendo....
« on: October 16, 2007, 02:53:18 PM »
Its been confirmed that Trophies from Metal Gear and Sonic will appear in SSBB, I wonder if that goes for AT's or items aswell

Linkage

The rest of Bihldorff's "Smash" duties include confirming the language for the game's gallery of trophies, rewards that commemorate characters and moments from Nintendo history and the history of the "Metal Gear" and "Sonic" series. (That compels him to play a lot of old games: "It's a little bit easier in this day and age because of YouTube," he said. "If I want to see the boss battle for something, I can go find it online. Maybe I'm just masochistic, but part of me likes doing the legwork and actually experiencing those games myself because I know Sakurai-san did too."
My mother hung me on a hook once, ONCE!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Trophies Not just from Nintendo....
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 02:58:38 PM »
Please keep most of Sonic's crappy friends out, Sakurai...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline NinjaWang

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 03:04:31 PM »
What about Vector he's the coolest crocc around.... though it seems to me that trophies are alot for one metal gear/sonic character,  Somehow I think we'll get one more from either series atleast

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 03:13:21 PM »
We still need one character from Capcom and one from Square. I doubt they will stop at MG and Sonic.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline NinjaWang

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 03:16:31 PM »
Same here, also thinking they won't stop at one per franchise... we'll see though

Its kinda mindblowing if you think about adding more 3rd party characters Its like Super Smash Brothers Brawl: Industry All Stars

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
RE:Trophies Not just from Nintendo....
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 03:28:08 PM »

Originally posted by: NinjaWang
Same here, also thinking they won't stop at one per franchise... we'll see though

Its kinda mindblowing if you think about adding more 3rd party characters Its like Super Smash Brothers Brawl: Industry All Stars

While I do see at least two more characters being added (Megaman is one of the most requested characters in Japan, so he's a shoe in) I doubt they will go overboard with third party characters. This is STILL Nintendo's show afterall.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 04:39:24 PM »
3rd party characters have ruined Brawl.

IF THEY WEREN'T ADDED, WE'D HAVE THIS GAME IN 2007.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline NinjaWang

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 04:45:14 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
3rd party characters have ruined Brawl.

IF THEY WEREN'T ADDED, WE'D HAVE THIS GAME IN 2007.

No one knows that for sure..its just been assumed...It could be to get more modes online, more NINTENDO characters who knows.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 04:47:05 PM »
Even if that is true, I'd rather have the third-party characters/stages/trophies/etc. and have it come out February 10 than lose all of it just to get it two months earlier.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 05:45:07 PM »

Originally posted by: insanolord
Even if that is true, I'd rather have the third-party characters/stages/trophies/etc. and have it come out February 10 than lose all of it just to get it two months earlier.

Preach it! I'll take a two month, or hell even six month, delay if it means making a game better that I will be playing for years and years to come.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 05:54:08 PM »
The fact that Sonic was playable means that he's been in the game for a long time, just secret. And Snake has been known since the game was really announced. So neither of them could possibly be responsible for the delay.  

Offline NinjaWang

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 05:57:09 PM »
Its just people looking to point blame for the delay at sources other than nintendo

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 06:02:13 PM »
Delayed to March 09.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline NinjaWang

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 06:06:32 PM »
Lies

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 06:50:30 PM »

Originally posted by: LuigiHann
The fact that Sonic was playable means that he's been in the game for a long time, just secret. And Snake has been known since the game was really announced. So neither of them could possibly be responsible for the delay.

I have a feeling that Sonic was programmed in way before they even had asked Sega if it was okay, and I think it could be that way with a few other third party characters as well.
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 07:58:05 PM »
Hmm, I don't know about that. Why take such a risk? I can see them planning a supposed character (move lists and such) before getting the okay, but not programming a whole character in without approval. Most companies wouldn't say no to such a proposal (free advertising, what's there to lose?), I just don't think it's worth the risk, especially since there's a wealth of Nintendo's own to choose from.

Offline Michael8983

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2007, 08:57:50 PM »
I think that, like Snake, Sonic was approved for Melee years ago but too late in the development to be added.

Offline Mikintosh

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2007, 09:17:59 PM »

Originally posted by: Adrock
Hmm, I don't know about that. Why take such a risk? I can see them planning a supposed character (move lists and such) before getting the okay, but not programming a whole character in without approval. Most companies wouldn't say no to such a proposal (free advertising, what's there to lose?), I just don't think it's worth the risk, especially since there's a wealth of Nintendo's own to choose from.

Well, it's possible that created wire-frame models that could be Mega Man, Bomberman, etc., but if the approvals don't come in, they could make them a Nintendo character instead just by changing the character's design and maybe alter their specials. I wouldn't be too surprised.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2007, 03:54:24 AM »
Just throwing this out there but they could just reuse the model made by the respective companies.  Tweak and add the Brawl specific things.  I'm sure both Snake and Sonic have recent models that could be used and there is only a handful of 3D modelling tools to begin with and a lot of these can have there assets moved from one to another with a converter of some sort.  Now Megaman or Simon Belmont on the other hand would need to really be made from scratch.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2007, 05:15:42 AM »

Originally posted by: Arbok
I'll take a two month, or hell even six month, delay if it means making a game better that I will be playing for years and years to come.
How about fifteen months?  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NinjaWang

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2007, 05:41:09 AM »
I'll take 37

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2007, 05:56:52 AM »
The game wasn't delayed for more trophies. It was delayed for voice chat when the Wii headset is out.

Well, I hope so, anyway...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NinjaWang

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2007, 05:59:58 AM »
Thats what I'm saying it wasn't delayed for Trophies or Sonic...This is another reason

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2007, 06:02:04 AM »
Oh, I wasn't saying YOU were, but I saw people mentioning it previously in the thread.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NinjaWang

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2007, 06:06:32 AM »
No I didn't mean you were saying I was, I'm just saying Its good someone agrees

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2007, 06:13:04 AM »
Talk about derailing a thread...I'm sure Brawl was delayed for MANY reasons. Brawl will be a huge game and it needs the time to polish it all.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2007, 06:15:55 AM »
I actually wouldn't be surprised if Brawl was the first game to implement voice chat, at least in the pregame screens.

MP:Hunters did it wonderfully so all the Wii needs is a headset which plugs into the Wiimote and they'd be all set.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2007, 06:29:09 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
I actually wouldn't be surprised if Brawl was the first game to implement voice chat, at least in the pregame screens.

MP:Hunters did it wonderfully so all the Wii needs is a headset which plugs into the Wiimote and they'd be all set.

In that case, Matt Cassamina's bitching made it all possible. So...blame the delay on him! :p
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2007, 03:54:31 PM »
I really do hope there is voice chat for pre- and post-game.  It'd help in setting up matches, and also be fun for smack talking friends after a match is over... or just discussing the game's many end-of-fight awards.

If it is Matt Cassamassamassamassmassina's fault it's being delayed because of voice chat...  then..  thank you, Matt.  'Bout time.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2007, 04:38:12 PM »

Originally posted by: Rachtman
I really do hope there is voice chat for pre- and post-game.  It'd help in setting up matches, and also be fun for smack talking friends after a match is over... or just discussing the game's many end-of-fight awards.

If it is Matt Cassamassamassamassmassina's fault it's being delayed because of voice chat...  then..  thank you, Matt.  'Bout time.

I hope it's included so I can smack talk Rachtman since he banned me from commenting on his livejournal

Offline HadesGigas

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2007, 04:48:37 PM »

Originally posted by: S-U-P-E-R

I hope it's included so I can smack talk Rachtman since he banned me from commenting on his livejournal

I also hope for this. Rachtman could sing Flower Shop Girl for us between matches.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2007, 03:08:00 AM »
Bumped for correctness, and because I'd very much like them to include voice chat.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2007, 04:01:27 PM »

Originally posted by: HadesGigas

Originally posted by: S-U-P-E-R

I also hope for this. Rachtman could sing Flower Shop Girl for us between matches.

Holy crapcakes, Batman!  I had no clue I was famous on NWR's forums, too!  o_O

Flower Shop Girl?  C'mon.. I have better material than that.  :P

I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!