Author Topic: Mega Man 1 to 6 Coming to North American 3DS eShop  (Read 9338 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Mega Man 1 to 6 Coming to North American 3DS eShop
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2012, 10:05:48 PM »
Actually, that was never anything more than a unconfirmed rumor.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 11:28:12 PM »
so... Megaman 2 is best. Right, guys?

Nope. Mega Man 4 & 5 are my faves. They have the best music and unique stage designs. But Mega Man 2 has the best instrumentation.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2012, 12:02:10 AM »

Capcom was still pretty supportive of the Mega Man franchise around this time so it'd make no sense why they would have just canceled this game unless something really was holding it back, like the lack of source code for some of the games.  Considering they released the NES games and the X games in collections around this same period, it makes no sense that they wouldn't have released a Gameboy collection as well if they could have.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Art_de_Cat

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
    • Art_de_Cat's Deviant Art page
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2012, 12:10:00 AM »
Mega Man 2,4,3,5,1, then 6

As much as I like the NES Mega Man games, i was hoping to see more of the gb Mega Man games first.  Have 1-5 on Wii for a second buy, not sure if i will buy again on 3ds, though I may get 6 to say I have the whole set.
They say that there is no medicine that can cure a fool......
I guess that's true.....

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2012, 01:53:59 AM »
Fun fact, I've only ever played the Game Boy Mega Mans. I played the HELL out of 3 and 4. I have extremely fond memories of them but I haven't touched them in ages. Another fun fact, Mega Man 4 on the Game Boy had a "Super Guide" of sorts. If you died enough times on a single stage Dr. Light gave you a beefed up mega buster.

Oh, I also played Mega Man X. Without having ever played the NES Mega Mans, I'm going to arrogantly/ignorantly call the Mega Man 2 vs. 3 argument pointless because X is wildly superior to them all. ;)

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2012, 04:17:47 AM »

Capcom was still pretty supportive of the Mega Man franchise around this time so it'd make no sense why they would have just canceled this game unless something really was holding it back, like the lack of source code for some of the games.  Considering they released the NES games and the X games in collections around this same period, it makes no sense that they wouldn't have released a Gameboy collection as well if they could have.

I'm sure they did lose the source code, which is what has happened to the vast majority of Japanese games prior to the late 90's. But that wouldn't stop them from releasing a collection of the games on the GBA. They could have just packed a user-invisble emulator into the cart to run the Roms directly, which is what happened with a least a few NES to GBA ports.

Loss of source code only becomes a problem if you want to make changes to the actual game/Rom. In that case, the only way to make changes is to reverse-engineer the Rom itself, the same way hackers have to do when they make fan translations of Japanese games (the only differences being is that the hypothetical Capcom people would be paid for their work and could potentially have better tools than the hackers (though knowing the Japanese, the latter is in no way guaranteed)).

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2012, 02:10:40 PM »
My vote goes to Mega Man 3.

Also, I won't be buying any of these, because I still have all the NES cartridges. Although, it's a tempting convenience.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2012, 03:58:56 PM »
i don't like getting into the 2 vs whatever debate, but i will say i have more fond memories of 2, and its likely because it was the 1st in the serious i owned as opposed to borrowing from my friends. it was also the 1st nes game I beat as a child, on my own, unlike mario 3 where my brother would sometimes help with the trickier stages.

as for the gba games.. i would like to check them out but I've never really heard good things, so I haven't gas much interest. its nice to see mm6 get some love too, that one of an overrated gem. i bought it new and was surprised at how much more enjoyable it was than mm7 for the sned, which i had bought a few months prior
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.