Author Topic: Race Driver DS: Create & Race  (Read 1959 times)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Race Driver DS: Create & Race
« on: April 18, 2007, 02:29:49 PM »
http://au.ds.ign.com/articles/781/781480p1.html

Oh god yes, Codemasters has announced a DS version of it's incredible Race Driver/TOCA/V8 Supercars series. By FAR the best racing series out there right now, on a Nintendo system! Not only that but new to the DS version is the ability create your own track! THEN race online on it! This is HUGELY significant, it could lead to Race Driver 4 being on Wii!

This puts the good realistic racer count on Nintendo systems up to... one! Still gotta start somewhere.

I'm already sold on it, but I hope it has open wheel cars and karts like the console versions, and a first person cockpit view. It's also going to be hard going back to the dpad for racing games, but hell. Bathurst. DS. Online.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Race Driver DS: Create & Race
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 05:33:38 PM »
I've.. never heard of the series for some reason. I enjoy racing games once in a while, and I'll definitely check this one out.

Also, post more Mario!
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 04:44:46 AM »
STUNTS DS!

All it needs now is some Trackmania.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
RE:Race Driver DS: Create & Race
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 05:21:35 AM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
STUNTS DS!

All it needs now is some Trackmania.
yes please!

Trackmania is all kinds of awesome
and could be REALLY interesting on DS....
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 06:49:58 AM »
At first I was positive this was a plant post.  Then a realized the topic was created by Mario.  

I'm still pretty sure it's a plant post.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 01:49:32 PM »
^ Someone hasn't played a Race Driver game, could it be vudu? They are worthy of praise and make Gran Turismo look dated, and it contains actual racing. Anyone racing fan can tell you it's the best franchise around right now, but I know there's not many of them here. Regardless if you guys care, it's a big market and a gap Nintendo has needed to fill for ages, and now they've filled it with rich creamery butter!

Everyone buy it

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Race Driver DS: Create & Race
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 11:24:21 PM »
Developer details with game footage and stuff! Looks really solid, and the frame rate is great. Apparently they're making it more forgiving than the console versions, so it's a bit more arcadey. But still, this is going to be bloody awesome. Onrine custom tracks! ONRINE. Congrats to Codemasters for finally waking up to the whole DS success thing!

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 10:28:00 AM »
That game is looking freakin' awesome, and it has online racing too, and map customization and online trading, damn right. I hope this game sells good so we can get a decent racing game on the Wii.