Author Topic: 3D Chrono Trigger project  (Read 1463 times)

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
3D Chrono Trigger project
« on: May 09, 2004, 09:34:32 AM »
Grey Ninja has shown me something that is at least as cool as the 2D Ocarina of Time project- a 3D Chrono Trigger project. I was a bit worried the artistic style of the original would be lost in the translation to 3D, but I have to say, they've done an excellent job preserving it. They have a handful of screenshots and MP3's which will blow you away. I heavily suggest everyone check this out.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: 3D Chrono Trigger project
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 10:13:50 AM »
I've been waiting quite a while for Square to do this...Glad to see these guys are up to the challenge!

(Holy Crap!  What an excellent remix of Corridors of Time!)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 11:32:33 AM »
See now this makes more sense than the 2D Ocarina of Time project.  With Ocarina of Time the creator is going to get into some problems when he encounters parts that cannot be recreated in 2D.  However the change from 2D to 3D doesn't lose anything.  There's nothing that can be done in 2D that can't be done with polygons.  So this should be much easier to pull off accurately.

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 11:47:15 AM »
I'd like to redirect discussion to the Talkback thread, since this thread hasn't grown yet.  Feel free to repost your comments there.
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi