Author Topic: Super Street Fighter II HD Remix: argh i can't roll  (Read 7437 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Re: Super Street Fighter II HD Remix: argh i can't roll
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 05:10:22 AM »
I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about. Pretty sure you can still do a shoryuken if you touch d/f between forward and down

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2008, 08:01:54 AM »
Haven't tried SF2HD but in some games it's not recognized if you hit diagonal IIRC.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2008, 09:45:41 PM »
SF arcade games were played with an 8-way joystick, hitting the diagonals was almost *required* to do the moves. I believe on the Genesis version(s) you could hit *only* the diagonal to throw Hadokens and what not, same with Sub-Zero's freeze in Mortal Kombat, because it had an 8-way D-pad.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2008, 01:19:08 AM »
Are you using the ps3 controller?

Yeah, I used the digital pad, though I use the analog stick at times. It was the sixaxis sans rumble, if that makes any difference.

Can you adjust deadzones?

Don't know if dead zone's correlates to dip switches, but SSF2THDR does an option setting to turn various dip switches on and off. I didn't bother looking at in depth, as I'm sure only the most ardent of Street Fighter fans know what the terminology means and does. Maybe there's something there to help out with deadzones?

I'll try to convince one of my cousin's to download for 360, though I've been told that the 360's d-pad is abysmal. Any truth to this?
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2008, 02:57:56 AM »
I think arcade sticks word very differently from analog sticks so there'd be no DIP option as the deadzone is part of the physical designof the stick.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2008, 01:07:44 AM »
I looked into it and hitting extra inputs won't **** up your moves and no street fighter game has done that in like the last 12 years. It seems like you might be doing it too slow or are having some other problem causing you to suck at doing shoryukens.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2008, 02:03:12 AM »
Naah, I was playing other games, some of them hate that. The only SF I owned was the anniversary edition and I didn't play that much since I couldn't getused to the basic attack ranges and stuff (or something, at least I couldn't beat even the easiest AI players in that game when I have not nearly as much trouble in any other fighting game).