Author Topic: Culdcept Saga  (Read 2186 times)

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
Culdcept Saga
« on: January 27, 2009, 09:20:55 AM »
I just tried out the demo for this on XBL and I really liked it.  I added it to my requests list on Goozex.  Anyone familiar with this franchise?  Curious how well it holds up over time.

For those who've never heard/played it before, it's a strategy board/card game that feels like a mix between Magic: The Gathering and Monopoly.  You know, the kinds of things all the popular kids like.

Man, this game would be great on DS.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Culdcept Saga
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 10:54:56 AM »
It's an excellent game that will get you hooked on hours end. I do have to warn you the computer is super cheap and xbox live for this game is a ghost town. It's one of my favorite 360 games it's sad that it was terribly overlooked.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 10:56:43 AM »
It's got pretty low production values for a 360 game.  I think it'd be great on a more solid-state platform like DS or WiiWare.  This is the type of game where load times would really make the experience drag. 
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 11:54:14 AM »
Drew there is a DS version in Japan published by Sega I hope there's a release in the US. Culdcept was a PS2 release and Sagas is a low production 360 sequel Omaya Soft is a really small company.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 06:55:41 PM »
It's currently $20 on Amazon.  I'm pretty sure some regional retailer (FYE?) had it for as low as $10 recently.  It'll just keep getting cheaper and cheaper since the demand for it these days is basically zero.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 02:37:13 AM »
I thought Culdcept Saga was a great concept.  I've loved trading card games since I was a kid, so it seemed like a solid purchase.  What irked me about the game, though, was that matches against the computer can literally last for hours, with luck being the deciding factor in whether you win or not.  Playing the same level for three hours, only to wind up losing and having to replay it again for another three hours is a serious test of patience.  Receiving a few new cards when you lose takes away the sting a little, but the chances of you receiving anything useful are pretty slim.

Still, collecting the various cards is fun, and the basic Monopoly mechanic is solid.  If Culdcept could somehow be streamlined, I could see it becoming a cult franchise of Disgaea-ian proportions.
Not just flowers,I love them all like weeds and     veget
able.

I want to do garden forever.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 08:44:58 PM »
It already has a pretty diehard fan base, right?
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline SirSniffy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 04:07:31 PM »
I just bought it from Amazon. I liked the original a lot. If this one is at least as good as that, I will be pleased.
On the surface simplicity...but the darkest pit in me...is Pagan Poetry...Pagan Poetry...

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 07:49:07 AM »
I'm playing it. I got it for like $12 off amazon or somewhere. It owns and it's fun to play online/with friends. Takes a while, though.