Author Topic: The Conduit  (Read 491094 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
Re: The Conduit
« Reply #2100 on: July 08, 2009, 12:01:26 PM »
Played through the first single-player level.  Spent 5 minutes actually playing the level, 20+ trying to reconfigure the controls to something comfortable.  I still haven't found that "sweet spot" on the controls yet, where everything's mapped as I would like and the turning is around the speed of a two-analog stick FPS.  I keep getting either too slow or too fast on the turning, so I keep getting something that feels "floaty".  They definitely picked a rather uninteresting and graphically-unimpressive level to start things off in, but it is only the first level.

It is mainly a training level. Controls do take time but once you get them right it is great. It is almost overwhelming to have so many options in regards to how you want your controls!

I hope HVS has the insight to transfer your control option over to The Grinder through your save file on the Wii.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: July 08, 2009, 12:17:28 PM »
I'm 75% through the game and the Jefferson memorial is the hardest area so far. You have to cover a lot of ground with constantly spawning enemies to take out the conduits and this isn't Doom; you don't move very fast.

One of the things you can adjust in preferences is running speed (!) in single player. Yes, I was surprised BUT HAPPY to find that. :D
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: July 08, 2009, 12:25:52 PM »
I'm 75% through the game and the Jefferson memorial is the hardest area so far. You have to cover a lot of ground with constantly spawning enemies to take out the conduits and this isn't Doom; you don't move very fast.

One of the things you can adjust in preferences is running speed (!) in single player. Yes, I was surprised BUT HAPPY to find that. :D

I've been tempted to mess with that, but messing with that stat feels like cheating so I've left it at the default.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2103 on: July 08, 2009, 12:46:52 PM »
i'm curious about the secrets in the game.

I got a tiny % of the secret messages.

I got maybe 75% of the Blue Things.

If I go back into my file and look for them will the ones I already found be gone or will it reset ? If I only have 2 blue things left in a level will only 2 exist in the level now ? Or what ??

Once you beat the game any blue disks that you found will not show up again in your 2nd playthrough.The Messages that you found will be visible and decoded if you found it the first time.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: July 08, 2009, 02:51:29 PM »
I hope they use the same online system for the Grinder. What I mean is if you have friends playing the Conduit, I hope you can see they are online and tell them to come play the Grinder with you.

Offline BwrJim!

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: July 08, 2009, 03:59:31 PM »
That would be nice, or GASP!!!! a Channel Hub.. ohz noez....

Shyguy, you should add me too your contact list in the conduit.. 

im sad everyone.   but there is a bright side.   I decided that I wanted to speed up my game loads in the conduit through the use of a usb drive.   I had everything.  I took my USB drive, transferred all the cartoons and animations and portfolio i have done to the computer to have a nice clean drive.   good going!! 

then, i accidently tip over the drive and it dies.  8(...    but at least I was able to save my portfolio..  phew.. 

it was a good drive it was...

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: July 08, 2009, 11:36:02 PM »
After spending most of my day clearing out a long-awaited piece of my backlog at long last, I thought I'd try to get through another mission in The Conduit.  15 minutes into mission 4, my wrist develops Wiimote arthritus from all the rapid arm movements necessary to play an FPS on Wii.  And people wonder why I don't play more Wii games...the action-heavy ones are just nearly impossible to play comfortably for very long.  It looks like I'll probably have to slog through the Single-Player one mission a day or this is going to get really painful.  The mission itself is entertaining enough, though I could definitely do without the game to demand that I disarm invisible mines with the ASE while I'm also trying to fend off endlessly-spawning drones.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 11:38:38 PM by broodwars »

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: July 08, 2009, 11:53:59 PM »
Rest the wiimote on your lap, I do and can play for hours.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: July 08, 2009, 11:55:37 PM »
I've been tempted to mess with that, but messing with that stat feels like cheating so I've left it at the default.

I am left speechless.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: July 09, 2009, 12:00:15 AM »
You can't cheat with an option they give you in single player. Its not a cheat if it is included in the game...
~David~

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: July 09, 2009, 12:21:19 AM »
Rest the wiimote on your lap, I do and can play for hours.

I've tried that, but I've found that I don't have good mobility and my aim is bad when I do that.  Something like that didn't matter in an game like Metroid Prime 3 since I could just turn on the Prime 1 & 2 controls and just lock on to everything, but in a game like this where it absolutely matters that you can react quickly I find that I can't move fast enough with subtle wrist movements.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: July 09, 2009, 12:23:36 AM »

I am left speechless.

And yet you are speaking (in the internet fashion).  Make up your damn mind.

Seriously, it's a stat that makes your characters instantly faster or slower, which would tend to make the game at least feel easier on the faster settings since you can more easily run around opponents in SP.  I'd rather just get through the game on the default setting and then mess with the speed later if I so wish when I'm just doing clean-up duty on the Achievements.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: July 09, 2009, 12:24:04 AM »
I am really good and own everyone online and I do it....
~David~

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: July 09, 2009, 12:27:00 AM »
I am really good and own everyone online and I do it....
I probably need to adjust the sensitivity or the bounding box or whatnot if I'm going to play like that, then.  It's sluggish right now with small movements, which in general I prefer since I usually like the more tactile feel of small movements performing small actions on-screen (and large movements performing large actions).  It seems that it might be time to rethink that if I'm going to get heavy use out of the game.

Incidentally, I'm starting to rethink having grenade throwing set to the nunchuk movement.  Every time I need to do an involuntary movement like scratching my head or something I end up throwing a grenade.  It took me most of mission 4 to catch on that the reason I kept seeing these big booming white flashes in front of me is because I kept accidentally chucking flash grenades into the nearest solid object in front of me.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 12:30:02 AM by broodwars »

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: July 09, 2009, 12:28:31 AM »
I have my sensitivity up and my bounding box is the smallest it can be.
~David~

Offline BwrJim!

• View Profile
« Reply #2115 on: July 09, 2009, 12:54:35 AM »
Thats where i cranked downt he nunchuk sense, and cranked out the wiimote melee attack.. seems to work for me..
;until i spaz on the controller trying to hit someone,...  my melee skills.. blowzor

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: July 09, 2009, 01:03:10 AM »
Thats where i cranked downt he nunchuk sense, and cranked out the wiimote melee attack.. seems to work for me..
;until i spaz on the controller trying to hit someone,...  my melee skills.. blowzor

I've been wondering this for a while now, but does cranking down on the nunchuck sensitivity have any negative impact on the game's usage of the accelerometer for grenade throwing, or just the amount of movement the nunchuck can do before the game registers that as a nunchuck movement and starts measuring the accelerometer?  The reason I've kept grenades on that motion is that I like that soft movements will register as soft grenade throws and hard movements hard throws.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: July 09, 2009, 01:40:50 AM »
Every time I'm playing this and I scratch my balls, I throw a grenade.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BwrJim!

• View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: July 09, 2009, 10:24:47 AM »
i call it jitter control.   I held my hand steady and the reticule jumped around a little bit.  So change the settings around.   The nunchuk, with major decrease didnt affect gameplay at all and brandogg could still scratch his balls.  Basically, cranking it down erased the accidents, while the opposite with the melee attack made it simple to do and i wouldnt go flying in many directions becuase of the thrust movement. 

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: July 09, 2009, 11:43:58 AM »
Gamers need to shower more..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: July 09, 2009, 12:21:42 PM »
I convinced my girlfriend to get the game. She is going to give me her friend code later, she said I can post it and she will add you guys. She doesn't have Wii Speak and probably won't get it. She rarely plays Wii, she is a PS3/Sony fangirl.  I am afraid because she is probably going kick my ass in this game, she does in COD4 all the time....

But another sell for HVS.
~David~

Offline BwrJim!

• View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: July 09, 2009, 01:41:31 PM »
hazah!  I created a friend list in the proper section for everyone who wants to add the entire group.   

I have a question, how many times do people join an existing match and then when it starts, your off in some dark void where you can do nothing?

I think it happens at least 1 time a day for me.  8(

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2122 on: July 09, 2009, 01:47:28 PM »
hazah!  I created a friend list in the proper section for everyone who wants to add the entire group.  

I have a question, how many times do people join an existing match and then when it starts, your off in some dark void where you can do nothing?

It only happens when I play regional matches.

Aparently HVS and Nintendo is trying to work things out with the problem.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BwrJim!

• View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: July 09, 2009, 02:05:03 PM »
yeah, i was sad.. i had a chance to play with someone, not sure who from here just about 15 mins ago and i was stuck...  gonna try again..  too bad we have to reset the entire machine to get going again.. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: July 09, 2009, 02:09:40 PM »

it happened to me 3 out of the last 4 times I tried to play.
The last time I played my internet died(in the middle of a match) and I spent 5-6 hours on the phone with comcast getting the issue resolved.
Have not even turned the game on since.

p.s. The internet drop issue wasn't entirely Comcast fault. I was having new router issues mixed with service issues from comcast. Problem is fixed, and I might even try to join a match or two today.