Author Topic: The Conduit  (Read 489513 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Re: The Conduit
« Reply #2800 on: March 22, 2010, 02:12:20 PM »
Why do you read every thread? Is it to make sure everyone is obeying the rules? Have you not bought The Conduit because of certain negative reviews/opinions? Or are you just not very into shooters? Do you value Stratos's opinion only because he stated Modern Warfare is better?

Nah, it has nothing to do with being a mod.  I've done this for years.  It's partly because we can never seem to stay on track--just because the topic says the post is about one thing I may not be interested in everyone could be discussing something I am interested in instead.  Also, since NWR is the only forum I frequent on a regular basis I like to keep tabs on everything.

Regarding why I haven't played The Conduit, I'll direct you to the first post I made in this thread back on the day the game was announced.

Guys, this is a game about giant, alien bugs invading Washington DC and an elite, secret government agent who must single-handedly save the human race.

If this were coming out on any other system we would be laughing our asses off right now.

FPS aren't really my thing, although I do play them occasionally--for example, I like the Half-Life series.  When I do play them it's generally on PC because I think a mouse and keyboard is better than any other control scheme for the genre.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: March 22, 2010, 02:24:00 PM »
U be Trollin'

Conduit 2: Alien Bugaloo

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: March 22, 2010, 05:37:18 PM »
Fair enough Vudu, thanks for responding.
I'm actually similar, I read a lot more topics than I actually post in. Part of this has to do with that I was a lurker for years, and I haven't really broken that habit. Also, for the most part, I like that the topicality here is pretty loose, it can lead to some fun discussions. It can be annoying at times though, so I s'pose it is kind of a double-edge sword.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2803 on: March 30, 2010, 01:38:50 PM »
Conduit did a better job of selling empty promises than the first Red Steel, cuz Conduit actually controlled very well.  I sold Red Steel after playing into the first 3 missions (this was after beating Metroid Prime 3 years ago), so Conduit proved to be a better "forgiven first try" for setting my expectations for future First Person Wiiner products.  If a straightforward, simple, previous-gen PC FPS was properly ported to Wii with properly tuned controls -- could've been Serious Sam, or Soldier of Fortune, or No One Lives Forever; anything with an OK singles campaign -- before the Conduit came out, I would've made it my "first."  I was looking for shootey action to sell me the idea that these games would actually work well on Wii, and it all starts with controls and good-enough framerates.  Metroid doesn't count cuz its platforming roots put a lot of emphasis on dodging, and you don't really seek cover around corners since the enemies don't shower you with bullets.  Therefore, Conduit and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz: Monkey Wars get the honor of being my first real First Person Wiiner experience(s).
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2804 on: March 30, 2010, 01:58:54 PM »
I beat the second to last mission in Conduit last night (this game has LEGS?), Guardian setting.  The worst one yet.  The flimsy SyFy weapons yield no trigger-pulling satisfaction, and the high-health armored soldiers just slow down the action.  The only interesting part was being trapped with multiple Super Inviso Drudge, cuz it was more like Metroid Prime than a tired sci-fi FPS.

I prefer the missions dominated by human weapons and human targets, as they accommodate a more real-world tactical/military style of play.  Sneaking around with mild cover, then suddenly rushing them with quick and accurate aim, dish-out some double-tap headshots, then swing the crosshairs to the next threat, and so on.  The degree of control this play style demands is also a good judge for the control scheme/settings (does the game succeed or fail in this respect?).  The handgun brings so much joy to your inner virtual special operator.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 02:01:25 PM by NinGurl69 *huggles »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: March 30, 2010, 11:23:58 PM »
Yeah, the human architecture parts were better for me too. Two best levels in the game were the Jefferson memorial and the streets with the giant bugs.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: March 31, 2010, 03:06:28 AM »
I really didn't like the streets with the giant bugs.

The pentagon level was fun because of the sniping across to the other side through windows that actually broke when you shot them.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2807 on: April 02, 2010, 10:14:05 PM »
There is going to be a cross forum Team Conduit tourney.

Here is the link to the matchmaking topic that Mop it up made.

http://nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=30992.0
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2808 on: April 03, 2010, 12:50:13 AM »
I'm going to play the last mission right now.  For the first time.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: April 03, 2010, 02:26:51 PM »
that last mission sucked. it was boring as all hell, i miss the streets..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2810 on: April 03, 2010, 02:31:10 PM »
Last mission. Do you mean that one room where there was all the weapons in the room and you had to escape to a new world to avoid the self distruct countdown?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: April 03, 2010, 02:51:07 PM »
I haven't played more than a few missions of the 1-player mode. Is it worth completing?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2812 on: April 03, 2010, 03:43:28 PM »
It is worth completing to see where The Conduit 2 picks up at.
Alexis, she/her/Miss