Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3167097 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #8500 on: February 18, 2024, 01:39:13 AM »
The internet went into meltdown because Switch 2 got "delayed" to 2025. Can it really be a delay when Switch 2 wasn't even officially announced? I'm being pedantic.

I'm not even disappointed. I only opened Tears of the Kingdom to claim the My Nintendo Gold Points, and I haven't bought Super Mario Bros. Wonder or Super Mario RPG. My backlog is LOL even without those games. I'm old; it'll be 2025 before I know it.

Offline Dinar87

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8501 on: February 18, 2024, 05:00:56 AM »
The internet went into meltdown because Switch 2 got "delayed" to 2025. Can it really be a delay when Switch 2 wasn't even officially announced? I'm being pedantic.

I'm not even disappointed. I only opened Tears of the Kingdom to claim the My Nintendo Gold Points, and I haven't bought Super Mario Bros. Wonder or Super Mario RPG. My backlog is LOL even without those games. I'm old; it'll be 2025 before I know it.

Same, also have a huge backlog here too; persona 3 reload, tekken 8, replaying xenoblade chronicles 2 and torna, sonic x shadow generations, sonic frontiers...

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #8502 on: February 19, 2024, 09:52:00 AM »
I only opened Tears of the Kingdom to claim the My Nintendo Gold Points, and I haven't bought Super Mario Bros. Wonder or Super Mario RPG.

I am surprised the coins were still available. I recently opened Fire Emblem Engage and the gold coins were already expired  :'(
I know it is an older game, but I am not that late to the party.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8503 on: February 19, 2024, 11:04:00 AM »

Not only do I have a huge backlog of games I own and need to play, I still have over 160 games on my eShop wishlist.  So my backlog, literally has a backlog of games that needed to be added to it.

I also find it funny how a lot of the comments about people being angry are acting like nothing else is coming to the Switch this year.  Which is the same thing they were doing last year when many of these same people thought Tears of the Kingdom would be the last game released in 2023 and then a new system was guaranteed to come out in the 2nd half of 2023.

I mean Prime 4 is probably still a regular Switch title and can still come out this year.  Grezzo hasn't done anything since the Links Awakening remake so a new 2D Zelda could come out.  The rumored Fire Emblem 4 remake that has been around for years now could finally come out.  There's also the rumored Donkey Kong platformer that EAD has been rumored to be working on for years now.  And who knows what other 3rd party collaborations Nintendo mights have for Switch titles as well.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #8504 on: February 20, 2024, 01:46:08 AM »

I thought that was some people overreacting about nothing. Makes me curious what will be coming this year to supplement if that is the case. Final years of Nintendo consoles tend to get some of the must unique and fun stuff because they have fully mastered the hardware, and the "flagship" games are being mostly held over for new systems.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Dinar87

• View Profile
« Reply #8505 on: February 20, 2024, 05:18:32 AM »

Not only do I have a huge backlog of games I own and need to play, I still have over 160 games on my eShop wishlist.  So my backlog, literally has a backlog of games that needed to be added to it.

I also find it funny how a lot of the comments about people being angry are acting like nothing else is coming to the Switch this year.  Which is the same thing they were doing last year when many of these same people thought Tears of the Kingdom would be the last game released in 2023 and then a new system was guaranteed to come out in the 2nd half of 2023.

I mean Prime 4 is probably still a regular Switch title and can still come out this year.  Grezzo hasn't done anything since the Links Awakening remake so a new 2D Zelda could come out.  The rumored Fire Emblem 4 remake that has been around for years now could finally come out.  There's also the rumored Donkey Kong platformer that EAD has been rumored to be working on for years now.  And who knows what other 3rd party collaborations Nintendo mights have for Switch titles as well.

Hope we get Prime 4 and FE4 this year!!  ;D

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #8506 on: February 21, 2024, 08:19:12 PM »
I predict Prime 4 will just be a Switch 2 title.

Likely, that's all Switch 2 will have going for it for the first year. Other than backwards compatibility, and upgraded version of games.

Now the question is will Nintendo name Switch 2 something sensible like Switch 2, or something stupid that confuses people? Did they learn their lesson with the Wii U, or has the success of the Switch made them forget how Wii was successful too before Wii U came out?

It's kind of funny to think that the Switch has been out so long, that there is a generation of kids who don't understand the concept of an upgraded generation.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Dinar87

• View Profile
« Reply #8507 on: April 10, 2024, 04:43:28 AM »
I predict Prime 4 will just be a Switch 2 title.

Likely, that's all Switch 2 will have going for it for the first year. Other than backwards compatibility, and upgraded version of games.

Now the question is will Nintendo name Switch 2 something sensible like Switch 2, or something stupid that confuses people? Did they learn their lesson with the Wii U, or has the success of the Switch made them forget how Wii was successful too before Wii U came out?

It's kind of funny to think that the Switch has been out so long, that there is a generation of kids who don't understand the concept of an upgraded generation.

Imagine if we actually get the Switch Attach name.....