Author Topic: The Conduit  (Read 492782 times)

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: The Conduit
« Reply #625 on: October 29, 2008, 10:03:33 AM »
glad to see the game is in good hands now.  Thank god Ubisoft didn't pick it up.
Who wants heroine brownies?

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 29, 2008, 10:40:14 AM »
glad to see the game is in good hands now.  Thank god Ubisoft didn't pick it up.

I don't think High Voltage would of let them even if they wanted to, they'd be worried Ubisoft would turn the game into Imagine: Alien Warz
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 29, 2008, 01:39:09 PM »
It looks like Sega finally gave up and started going to outside sources to get some credible games.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #628 on: October 29, 2008, 01:43:51 PM »
How reliable is this Sega site.I think I remember them leaking  the info on Sonic Unleashed.What is the truth and false ratio of the site?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 29, 2008, 01:49:13 PM »
This is real.  We got the press release announcing that Sega is the publisher this morning.
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #630 on: October 29, 2008, 01:50:05 PM »
I get my Sega trailers from their FTP ALL THE TIME.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #631 on: October 29, 2008, 01:57:08 PM »
Silks I take it you are going to wait till Sega or HVS makes the announcement before putting up the news, right?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 29, 2008, 02:00:52 PM »
The press release is the announcement.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 02:36:19 PM by vudu »
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #633 on: October 29, 2008, 02:40:10 PM »
I see.

Sorry I didn't get that much sleep last night so if I am asking these  silly questions you know why.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 29, 2008, 02:43:15 PM »
It looks like Sega finally gave up and started going to outside sources to get some credible games.

They've been doing that for quite awhile now, at least on other systems including the PC.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 29, 2008, 03:38:12 PM »

Well if Sega has to do that for better sales then it's a good business move for them. BUT then again it can backfire badly case and point the PS3 and 360 golden axe game. I think SEGA is treating the Wii as sort of like Dreamcast 2 and that's a good thing since Sega is putting its publisher muscle on Nintendo systems.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 04:10:36 PM by Flames_of_chaos »
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #636 on: October 29, 2008, 08:06:24 PM »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline redgiemental

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 30, 2008, 11:33:14 AM »
Looking good. Sega strikes me as a very good choice of publisher. Looking forward to this more than any other Wii game at the minute.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 30, 2008, 11:50:06 AM »
Not I. While I am looking forward to finally playing a decent FPS, I can't wait for MadWorld. That game is dieing to be played.

I still don't know how they are going to use motion plus for "total control" or whatever. MotionPlus seems like something you can't just shoehorn in.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 30, 2008, 12:34:32 PM »
Well they've already said that they'll add it, but it won't be a major part of the game...

As for Sega, they continue to be a better publisher than developer...They need to put some of those resources into bumping up their own ability...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 30, 2008, 01:34:11 PM »
Own ability? pfff.....outsourcing is probably there best bet.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: October 30, 2008, 04:36:58 PM »
What surprised the heck out of me was Valkyria Chronicles.  A Sega-developed RPG of all things, and it's getting really good reviews.
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 30, 2008, 05:09:50 PM »
What surprised the heck out of me was Valkyria Chronicles.  A Sega-developed RPG of all things, and it's getting really good reviews.

Don't tell me that!  I just spent a few thou on home improvement!  I need to be saving money now.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: October 30, 2008, 08:03:54 PM »
Don't tell me that!  I just spent a few thou on home improvement!  I need to be saving money now.

These are the not the words of a party bear, let alone the Ultimate party bear! Fiscal responsibility should not be on the agenda.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 30, 2008, 08:06:39 PM »

Okay, let me give you a strike against it: it's an SRPG! (Sorry to those that happen to love the genre ;))
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Snipper64

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Snipper64
« Reply #645 on: October 30, 2008, 09:56:58 PM »
Here is the press release, before I got hell for posting a pic. of the DSI, a hot link or something, wether or not this is also a hotlink, I don't know, but I think you guys deserve to read the details straight from the source.

PRESS RELEASE: SEGA Gets Zapped by High Voltage with The Conduit

SEGA to Publish Highly Anticipated Wii Title in Spring 2009

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® of Europe Ltd. today announced a worldwide partnership with High Voltage Software to publish and distribute the Wii™ home video game system-exclusive title, The Conduit. The first-person shooter garnered multiple awards at E3 2008, including Best Wii Game by GameTrailers and three awards from IGN: Best Shooting Game (Wii), Best Graphics Technology (Wii) and Best Overall Wii Game. The Conduit is a stunning, futuristic title powered by a new game engine technology that delivers remarkable visuals and effects, as well as a rich interactive experience that is unlike any other title on the Wii.

“The Conduit is one of the most talked-about Wii games this year and High Voltage Software has only scratched the surface of the game in terms of what they have shown so far,” says Simon Jeffery, President of SEGA of America, Inc. “They have proven that graphical and technological innovation can be exciting to the Wii market, and SEGA is thrilled to partner with a team that truly shares our belief in the Wii’s gaming potential beyond the casual market.”

“High Voltage Software’s partnership with SEGA to publish The Conduit represents an important milestone for this studio,” said Kerry Ganofsky, CEO and founder of High Voltage Software, Inc. “SEGA shares our vision for the title and its tremendous potential, which is why we chose them from a long list of potential partners. With their support, we are confident that The Conduit will deliver the definitive shooter experience that Wii fans have been waiting for.”

The Conduit takes players into a dark story in Washington D.C. after a vicious alien invasion has rocked the country. An organization called the Trust has sent in Secret Service agent, Mr. Ford, to go up against the insect-like alien race known as “The Drudge.” Armed with an array of futuristic weaponry and an intelligence-gathering device simply called the “All-Seeing Eye,” players follow an intricate storyline filled with conspiracy, shady government activity and terrifying aliens.

The Conduit’s detailed control system allows players to customize and configure look sensitivity, turning speed, the dead zone and much more. As players delve further into the mystery behind the extraterrestrial invasion, shocking details reveal that the invasion may have been brought on with help from the government itself.

Powered by High Voltage Software’s groundbreaking Quantum 3 engine, The Conduit ensures that players will experience single and multiplayer gameplay with graphical fidelity never seen before on the Wii. The Conduit will also support the recently announced Wii Speak peripheral, allowing online multiplayer gamers the ability to chat as they destroy aliens in each terrifying level. Additionally, the game will take advantage of the Wii MotionPlus for optimal control.

The Conduit, exclusively for the Wii, is slated to ship in spring 2009. For more information on the game, please visit http://www.conduitgame.com. For screenshots and art, please visit the SEGA FTP site at http://segapr.segaamerica.com.
I am matter...I am antimatter...I can see your past...I can see your future...I consume time...and I will consume you!

VOTE FOR CHOANIKI! you know you want too...

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #646 on: October 30, 2008, 10:59:07 PM »
It's on the front page already.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 31, 2008, 12:47:47 PM »

These are the not the words of a party bear, let alone the Ultimate party bear! Fiscal responsibility should not be on the agenda.

I'm sure I've pointed out the irony in my choice of username before.

Here is the press release, before I got hell for posting a pic. of the DSI, a hot link or something, wether or not this is also a hotlink, I don't know, but I think you guys deserve to read the details straight from the source

You're not getting hell.  A few people are just looking out for a new guy for once.  It's rare around here, so you should enjoy it.  :)

If you haven't already done so, read the rules.  Hot linking is another way of saying "using bandwidth that is not your own."

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #648 on: November 11, 2008, 11:01:15 PM »
new media from Say-gah

screen 1
screen 2

final boxart

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 11, 2008, 11:02:51 PM »
WHY DO THE GRAPHICS LOOK SO BAD IN SCREEN 1
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.