Author Topic: The Conduit  (Read 492785 times)

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Conduit
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2008, 12:50:08 AM »
I think it looked pretty good. Maybe not the graphics but it looks like it could be fun.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2008, 01:33:48 AM »
It looks great considering all Wii games, save for the RE4 port, haven't successfully delivered on this level of simple graphics ambition.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2008, 03:08:21 AM »
Looks kinda bland to me. :/
GOREGASM!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2008, 07:01:46 AM »
It's a western game, afterall.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2008, 09:03:42 AM »
Seems to have some potential. Looked pretty decent for a Wii game. I'm definitely going to keep my eye on it.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2008, 11:33:13 AM »

Keep in mind that it's a third party offering from a small developer that didn't have a publisher until very recently...It'll definitely improve...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2008, 02:19:31 PM »
Even if the graphics improve (which they should) the title and style of this game reek of blandness.  If it were not for the lack of FPS's on the Wii, this game would go unnoticed.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2008, 02:48:14 PM »
D_Average is right, But I imagine it's at least a year away, so I hope things will improve.

- Judging from the trailer it seems like a Men in Black / National Treasure theme.
- Adams, John Adams was the voice he was talking to and the protagonist's name was Ford. I think all the agents are named after US presidents.
- The all seeing eye game mechanic could add an adventure element of revealing hidden items, and it's a reference to the All Seeing Eye on The Great Seal.
- The aliens give me a Half Life 2 / Metroid Prime feel.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2008, 03:34:53 PM »
I just watched the trailer. I can't believe this game had or is having trouble finding a publisher. Even if the game sucks, they can cut the footage to make a good trailer/commercial and FPS starved Wii owners would eat it up.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2008, 04:53:08 PM »
A lot of it actually gave me Red Steel flashbacks..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2008, 05:01:55 PM »
A lot of it actually gave me Red Steel flashbacks..

funny, some of the locations gave me a Geist Flash back. I kept wanting the player to pop out of his character and everything goes Slo-mo
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2008, 07:08:52 PM »

Keep in mind that it's a third party offering from a small developer that didn't have a publisher until very recently...It'll definitely improve...
I'll be surprised if the general aesthetic changes much.  We'll see.
GOREGASM!

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2008, 10:33:42 PM »
Looks like Perfect Dark. SOLD.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2008, 10:58:32 PM »
I finally got around to watching the new trailer. The graphics aren't the revolution that they were made out to be, but they're better than pretty much everything on the Wii not published by Nintendo or Capcom and they're only going to get better. I can't tell much about gameplay from the video, but it looks like it has promise. I really don't see how those final lines could be talking about anything other than online multiplayer, hopefully they go with something better that the WFC, I don't want to have to choose between what I hope is great gameplay and a superior online service (MoH: Heroes 2 and EA Nation). I hope this game does well and teaches publishers that a lack of competition can make up for a perceived lack of a market for a game in the Wii userbase. Though I was hoping that TimeSplitters 4 would be the game to prove that for FPSs.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2008, 11:15:01 PM »
As I was watching the trailer all I had in my mind was Perfect Dark. I've never played Perfect Dark, so I don't have any clue as to the origins of such thought.

I'm surprised no publisher had picked up this game before its unvieling by IGN. Were they that protective of their respectable repertoir of Wii games.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2008, 03:45:34 PM »
As I was watching the trailer all I had in my mind was Perfect Dark. I've never played Perfect Dark, so I don't have any clue as to the origins of such thought.

I'm surprised no publisher had picked up this game before its unvieling by IGN. Were they that protective of their respectable repertoir of Wii games.

that makes me wish PD and GoldenEye007 were on VC. I stil have both games on my 64 but my control sticks are so warn out it makes them impossible to play properly (cant aim for sh*t cuz of it).
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2008, 05:15:34 PM »
Maybe with WiiWare out they can release that GoldenEye 007 Mod.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2008, 10:28:52 PM »

doubtful (but i'll still dream about it)

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2008, 04:30:14 PM »

Are you talking about Goldeneye Source? There are a number of reasons that will never happen, the most important being licensing issues, and the fact that Goldeneye Source would be WAY too big for WiiWare.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2008, 06:44:13 PM »
The hint at online mulitplayer at the end of the trailer made me happy.

I just wish nintendo would grow up and give the hardcore gamers what they want (voice chat, harddrive, etc).  I bet if nintendo released a harddrive, the vc and wiiware sales would rise because we wouldn't have to worry about space anymore. I don't understand nintendo's mentality.  Games like these need headsets and harddrives.

You gave mom's wiifit, now it's time to reward your faithful.

Anyways....I think the game looks pretty solid graphics wise.  Hope they don't rush the game out the door now. Polish could make this game look fantastic.  The hand and the ball-projector-thingy both look 360 quailty to me.
Who wants heroine brownies?

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2008, 07:10:31 PM »
I finally saw the trailer just now.  While I understand the attitude about generic FPS space marine games, the fact is the Wii ain't got none, and I daresay this one would have my interest regardless.

Also, IGN's movie viewer is an evil piece of crap.  I'd rather choke on buttered camels.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2008, 11:00:10 PM »
I'm going to quote Morari's post from the Light gun shell thread that was obviously meant for this thread because I want to respond to it but I don't want to clutter up that thread.

Just watched the trailer. The graphics look pretty good some spots, but rather bland in others. Unless the develop that All Seeing Eye tool into a fun mechanic, I fear the game will just be another generic FPS. Also, I couldn't help but notice that the aiming reticle looked to be moving around the screen, ala Red Steel. I really hope this is not the case, as that makes turning painfully slow. With the Wii, developers really need to look toward the PC and design games so that the screen moves around the reticle, thus making one's ability to look around much quicker and more precise.

I really don't think they should make the cursors like that in Wii shooters, it works on the PC with a mouse but on the Wii it would take away the feeling of pointing and shooting and be less precise. What this game should do is what EA did with Medal of Honor Heroes 2 and give a lot of options for fine tuning the controls to your liking. In that game you could change the size of the bounding box that determines what point away from the center of the screen moving the cursor begins to scroll the screen (tall and narrow lets you turn quickly and gives more freedom for aiming vertically with precision) and change the turning speed to the point that you can do a 180 degree turn at a speed that would cause major whiplash and injuries if an actual human were to do it, along with a bunch of other options.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2008, 11:58:45 PM »
You're right, that was meant for here! I was wondering what happened to it... :\

All I know is that I couldn't stand to play Red Steel for more than an hour or so at a time precisely because of the reticle moving around the screen instead of the screen moving around the reticle. It sounds as-if this option in Medal of Honor could conceivable accomplish what I'd want, while still providing everyone else with that they want.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2008, 12:54:26 AM »
Actually, Red Steel was just bad.  Don't use it to measure newer games.

Fixed reticule doesn't work on Wii anyway.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2008, 09:43:20 AM »
All I know is that I couldn't stand to play Red Steel for more than an hour or so at a time precisely because of the reticle moving around the screen instead of the screen moving around the reticle.

I couldn't stand to play Red Steel for more than an hour because it was freakin' terrible.

Here is a question, what ever happened to FPS games that were broken up into missions ala Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Timesplitters? I actually love that approach and I think that in a lot of games it would actually make them better. There is nothing wrong with going through one continuous story, but every damn game doesn't need to do it. At least with the titles I mentioned above, the mission breaks allowed for settings to entirely change without much justification which gave the games a good amount of variety.
Check out PixlBit!