Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS Discussion  (Read 550746 times)

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo 3DS Discussion
« Reply #1275 on: October 21, 2010, 09:15:34 AM »
I thought I read that the slide pad would be backward compatible, but I can't find the reference, so maybe I just made it up... Whatever, if I owe Adrock an apology, then I apologize, but I still want to see 3D patches for DS games. I still have most of the DS games I bought over the years, and it would be nice to play them in 3D without a new purchase.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: October 22, 2010, 01:39:47 AM »
^i dont see that as a good idea, business wise, i mean.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: October 22, 2010, 04:25:01 AM »
I would rebuy Super Mario 64 DS for the 3DS and who knows maybe they can add even more levels to the game.  I thought it was fun playing as all the additional characters...and it made the Mario 64 world fun. 

I would also love a secret character to be peach...with Super Mario Bros 2 play mechanics.

Now I just want a 'Super Mario 64 2' on the DS. Make it a spiritual successor to the N64 classic. A 3D Mario platformer would be a nice way to show off that new slider and how 3D gameplay now works on the DS.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1278 on: October 23, 2010, 09:48:48 AM »
I would go for Super Mario 64 2...but I find it is sometimes hard to try to make a spiritual successor.  If they are going to make a new Mario game and spend the resources, I want a new Mario game with new ideas, new power ups and hopefully new innovation.  Though Super Mario Galaxy 3DS would be good too.

But, if they are going to give me an enhanced port for the second time.  I would love to spend a little more time, and give me another hidden character, or a new level or 2 to explore.  It just the experience worth the triple dip.

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: October 23, 2010, 05:02:38 PM »
what would be cool to see in 3d is some kind of mario galaxy hybrid for the 3ds, the mario galaxy camera system lends itself perfectly for 3d and the game play too.

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #1280 on: October 23, 2010, 06:21:32 PM »
Given that SMG already makes some people nauseous and 3D images supposedly give some bad headaches, SMG3DS might cause something even worse.

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: October 23, 2010, 06:58:00 PM »
^damn dude, you sure are paranoid about 3d lol

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: October 23, 2010, 07:27:58 PM »
It's on a smaller screen so I wouldn't think it would cause quite as many nausea issues.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: October 23, 2010, 10:16:43 PM »
But you hold the screen in front of your face so its smaller size doesn't really matter. The DS and GBA SP sometimes give me headaches because of how bright the screens are, and I wonder if the 3D-ness could intensify that.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #1284 on: October 24, 2010, 04:41:26 PM »
But you hold the screen in front of your face
You're doing it wrong.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: October 24, 2010, 09:27:01 PM »
How in the world do you play DS? Do you set it on a table, sit on a couch that's seven feet away, and control it using really long robot arms?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: October 24, 2010, 09:40:28 PM »
no, of course not,but who holds the DS right up in front of their face unless they are blind and crosseyed?

better get that prescription checked ;)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: October 24, 2010, 09:46:48 PM »
Anyone who holds a DS in their hands when they play it is holding it up to their face, unless maybe they have their arms fully extended. But even then, it's a lot closer than a television. If you think I meant an inch in front of your face, you took that too literally.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: October 24, 2010, 10:19:47 PM »
there is not a whole lot of ways to interpret "But you hold the screen in front of your face" other than holding the screen in front of your face.

When I play my DS I don't have my arms "fully extended", but I'm certainly not holding the DS in front of my face either.
the simple fact is that
You're doing it wrong.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: October 24, 2010, 10:44:13 PM »
I didn't specify distance, so if you're holding it in your hands and looking at the screen, it's in front of your face.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: October 24, 2010, 11:05:11 PM »
This is a stupid argument. All she is saying is that the screen gets bigger the closer you hold it to your face, negating the fact that it's small. Valid point, albeit obvious.

Lez move on..

My main concern is looking back and forth from the top screen to the bottom, and having to adjust my eyes once again for the 3D to work. I could see that being annoying.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: October 24, 2010, 11:08:36 PM »
are you being serious or should I just assume that being wrong is something that you don't accept very lightly?

When I play with my DS it's usually in my lap, there is no way you can consider that in your face unless you expect that person to be hunched over like a cave dwelling mouth breather. In your face would generally mean it would be obstructing your view. My DS sitting in my lap does not obstruct my view of anything but that part of my lap.

I don't know how you play your DS, but you're making it pretty clear that
You're doing it wrong.

This is a stupid argument.

stupid or not, it's still wrong.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: October 24, 2010, 11:13:51 PM »
But is stupid and right any better?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: October 24, 2010, 11:18:35 PM »
I didn't say it was "in your face," I said it was "in front of your face." Front is a direction, and I said nothing to indicate how far away from your face it was. If you look at the DS in your lap then I still consider that in front of your face, but maybe that's just me. I guess I should have been more specific, I didn't realize anyone would be so nitpicky over an obvious generalization and point things out that don't in any way change my point.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 06:49:35 PM by Mop it up »

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: October 25, 2010, 12:06:25 AM »
If 3D bothers you, gives you headaches, or makes you hold the screen directly in front of your face, turn it off... There's a slider for that.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: October 25, 2010, 12:30:40 AM »
But you hold the screen in front of your face so its smaller size doesn't really matter. The DS and GBA SP sometimes give me headaches because of how bright the screens are, and I wonder if the 3D-ness could intensify that.
If 3D bothers you, gives you headaches, or makes you hold the screen directly in front of your face, turn it off... There's a slider for that.

and there is also setting to control the brightness too, so if the screens are too bright, turn them down.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: October 25, 2010, 04:17:12 AM »
If 3D bothers you, gives you headaches, or makes you hold the screen directly in front of your face, turn it off... There's an app for that.

That's what I read the first time through...haha.
My Game Collection

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: October 25, 2010, 08:09:59 AM »
Lol, that's what I was going for.

Speaking of brightness, Engadget said that having the 3D effect on darkens the image a bit, but nowhere near as much as using glasses. So if you have problems with 3D and brightness you might be in trouble.

It has also been reported that the 3DS is a lot brighter than the the DSi, something like its lowest setting is comparable to the second or third lowest setting of the DSi. With the 3D effect darkening the top screen, the bottom screen will be brighter than the top, which might help you use it from peripheral vision after familiarity with the game so you're not constantly switching between 2D and 3D.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: October 25, 2010, 12:53:18 PM »
someone should make some tinted screen protectors, for people with sensitive eyes.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1299 on: October 25, 2010, 12:56:59 PM »
I know the GBA SP had such protectors, I think the DS has them too (but I am not 100% sure). I assume at least some peripheral makers will release one for the 3DS too, although I have no idea how it will effect the 3D.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20