Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS Discussion  (Read 550704 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: Nintendo 3DS Discussion
« Reply #450 on: June 09, 2010, 05:30:00 PM »
So you're saying, a certain someone will be able send 3D nipples to all his friends/victims?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 09, 2010, 05:34:10 PM »
One small step for man, one giant leap for The Church of the Sacred Man Nipple.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 09, 2010, 06:21:56 PM »
"The iPhone 4 boasts 10 hours of use on Wifi with one charge."

Is that assuming it never connects to anything?
Nope as my iPhone has wifi on all the time (3GS) and it lasts all day, sometimes two days if I do hardly anything with it.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #453 on: June 09, 2010, 06:49:57 PM »
People pay for internet TWICE?

Next you'll tell me gamers pay for their games two or more times.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 09, 2010, 07:08:17 PM »
If AC comes. I better see real change. I frickin' remember when we was first coming out and we were speculating (dreaming) for a MMO Animal Crossing and thats what I want still. The game has changed maybe 10-15 percent each iteration and its BS.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 09, 2010, 08:07:57 PM »
Hopefully they add a lot more to the series.  I've always dreamed of Nintendo having the Mario sports or Wii sports engines implemented into the series along with cards, board games, and the like, to add variety to the world once you've grown tired of fishing and digging up holes.  We'll see what happens.  I also hope they create better character models so the player can have more options with their wardrobe. 

Could this be Nintendo's other suprise for the 3DS?  Having Animal Crossing as the GUI would be so sweet if done right.  It'll be like having a free game with every system again lol.

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 09, 2010, 08:26:25 PM »
Animal Crossing at launch and i'm effing sold.  So would be my girlfriend and her sister and her mom.

Animal Crossing would move a lot of 3DSssss.
Who wants heroine brownies?

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 09, 2010, 08:35:37 PM »
3D N64 graphics? Meh, aren't there any other more exciting prospects to discuss>?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 09, 2010, 08:44:23 PM »
nintendo's conference is next tuesday, right?

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 09, 2010, 08:48:37 PM »
"The iPhone 4 boasts 10 hours of use on Wifi with one charge."

Is that assuming it never connects to anything?
Nope as my iPhone has wifi on all the time (3GS) and it lasts all day, sometimes two days if I do hardly anything with it.

Actively searching for wifi connections and actually staying connected to (and using) a wifi connection are two different drains on the battery. The hardly doing anything with it thing definitely helps battery life too, the DSi can last two days in standby mode only opening it to check the time or play only a few minutes of a game at a time.

The 3DS will have (should be able to have) lots of power and plenty of battery life... And do video out replacing the need for a Wii upgrade, at least for a few more years.

And BnM it was a few posts ago, but having the 3DS pull double duty makes it not just a portable. The 3D screens (from Sharp at least) max out at 4.5" giving Nintendo a lot of space to place hardware. The DSi XL is a fairly large device and if the 3DS is that size or slightly smaller and built on a platform like Tegra 2 in that it would have two CPU's; the stronger one would run the Wii3D software and maybe Nintendo also sells a dock with extra storage space and power cord, and the weaker, less battery draining, but still adequate CPU runs the 3DS software.

It probably won't happen but a man can dream can't he?

Edit: They can show off the 3DS with simulated screens, MS and Sony do it all the time, and then have the journalists report the accuracy of the screens, done right and they will wins over hordes of people. 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 09:00:16 PM by MaryJane »
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 09, 2010, 10:32:23 PM »
nintendo's conference is next tuesday, right?

Yes.

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 09, 2010, 10:37:53 PM »
Good, at least i'm only working nights next week. I can wake up a little early to catch it at noon.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #462 on: June 10, 2010, 12:48:47 AM »
Actually Animal Crossing would make a great pack-in game.  It could be pre-installed on the 3DS, and could be used as a Hub for making system friends (not game specific friends) and have a means of checking who is online and playing what.  Kinda like a virtual 3D hub for your 3DS you can play, but also connect to friends to play other games.  Add into the Animal Crossing world achievements and you have a killer 3D home to play in.

It would also be a nice hardcore, and casual game for both camps.

I am thinking Mario at launch might be too much Mario, since we have been filled with Mario platformers recently.

However, a good launch lineup might be:

Mario Kart 3DS
Animal Crossing 3DS (preinstalled)
3DS Party
Metriod Prime 3DS (Or a Retro Studios multiplayer FPS)
Another possible game...I dunno.

Third Party Support.

Madden 3DS
Tiger Woods Golf 3DS
Raving Rabbids 3DS

Pokemon Gray (Special 3DS version...blends both white and black)

Christmas game for 2011.

Zelda 3DS or Mario 3DS

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 10, 2010, 06:35:46 AM »
Hey, is this thing going to have Miis? 3Diis?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #464 on: June 10, 2010, 08:18:47 AM »
I can't wait for Mii 2.0 in the 3DS.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: June 10, 2010, 01:25:41 PM »
The Doctor is in and I'm writing everyone a prescription to take a glass of HYPE and we'll setup a follow-up appointment for.... how's Tuesday morning for you?

3DS to be the E3 show winner and Developers agree!!
ok, that's not exactly what it said, but close enough.
Sebastian has also heards good things about the 3DS, adding: “3DS could emerge as an E3 winner. Our conversations with industry contacts suggest the Nintendo 3DS is an impressive device, and is garnering support among third party developers.â€

As for other possible announcements from Nintendo, the analyst expects a greater focus on software than ever before as strong games are currently, in his opinion, the platform holder’s best bet of halting its shrinking year-on-year sales.

“We also expect Nintendo to announce enhancements to the online capabilities of the Wii and DS,†he concludes.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 10, 2010, 04:41:17 PM »
The Doctor is in and I'm writing everyone a prescription to take a glass of HYPE and we'll setup a follow-up appointment for.... how's Tuesday morning for you?

3DS to be the E3 show winner and Developers agree!!
ok, that's not exactly what it said, but close enough.
Sebastian has also heards good things about the 3DS, adding: “3DS could emerge as an E3 winner. Our conversations with industry contacts suggest the Nintendo 3DS is an impressive device, and is garnering support among third party developers.â€

As for other possible announcements from Nintendo, the analyst expects a greater focus on software than ever before as strong games are currently, in his opinion, the platform holder’s best bet of halting its shrinking year-on-year sales.

“We also expect Nintendo to announce enhancements to the online capabilities of the Wii and DS,†he concludes.

I am addicted to prescription HYPE. ;D
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 10, 2010, 05:37:13 PM »
That's right, just take two scoops of HYPE (it the white powdery substance in the presription bottle) and sprinkle it into your Kool-Aid. It should have you HYPE'd up ALL.DAY.LONG.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 10, 2010, 05:41:40 PM »
That's right, just take two scoops of HYPE (it the white powdery substance in the presription bottle) and sprinkle it into your Kool-Aid. It should have you HYPE'd up ALL.DAY.LONG.

I will not get my HYPE fix until tuesday. Besides, I like my HYPE mixed into Doctor Pepper rather than kool-aid. BnM, your are the main supplier of HYPE on this forum.  ;D

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 10, 2010, 06:06:16 PM »
Sorry, but I can only donate 2quarts a day otherwise I get really light headed.

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 10, 2010, 09:10:37 PM »
I'm liking the idea of Animal Crossing as the system's home/multiplayer interface. Instead of gamerscore points you could earn bells the same way and use that to buy swag for your Mii/animal crosser/avatar.  What a pipe dream.

But, i'm onboard the hype train. 

Seriously though, if DSiware purchases don't transfer...how big do you think the riot will be?

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 10, 2010, 09:25:06 PM »
I'm liking the idea of Animal Crossing as the system's home/multiplayer interface. Instead of gamerscore points you could earn bells the same way and use that to buy swag for your Mii/animal crosser/avatar.  What a pipe dream.

Seriously though, if DSiware purchases don't transfer...how big do you think the riot will be?

Oh, the riot would be very significant. I would much prefer a portable Starfox game sold in a bundle with the 3DS, but they could have the option of allowing the consumer to choose which pack-in game they want to buy the 3DS with.

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 10, 2010, 09:34:12 PM »

Oh, the riot would be very significant. I would much prefer a portable Starfox game sold in a bundle with the 3DS, but they could have the option of allowing the consumer to choose which pack-in game they want to buy the 3DS with.

I have to agree. Another on-rails star fox would be nice. Hell, if it's a launch title that pretty much promises solid sales for it.

I'm a firm believer that Nintendo's smaller franchises should be launch titles with new systems.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #473 on: June 11, 2010, 12:02:11 AM »
Spinzilla:  I totally agree.

Launching a Nintendo system with smaller franchises that hardcore gamers love with a few casual is a means to get great success.

I personally think Nintendo should shot for havign 5 first party games at launch that are a variety of experiences.

The Animal Crossing Home experience would be an awesome idea and adventure, and Nintendo could even do Micro-sells with that to make some money on the game.

Mario Kart could be the Casual/hardcore multiplayer game that needs to cross the bridge.
3DS Play would be a great casual game could be a cheaper purchase that other games.

As for the Nintendo games for the core audience.  The smaller franchises that would work well are:

F-Zero
Pilot Wings
Star Fox
Pikmin
Kirby

As for F-Zero if they use it then Mario Kart should wait.  Pikmin would be an awesome addition, and I believe it will happen.  Pilot Wings would be cool...but I can't see Pilot Wings and Star Fox. 

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #474 on: June 11, 2010, 10:18:10 AM »
5 first party games at launch? Not gonna happen. In the last 15 years, they usually do only 1 or 2 launch games. I never play a Pilotwings game, and they don't seem intent on reviving it after 14 years.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20