Author Topic: PUNCH OUT!!  (Read 82174 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
Re: PUNCH OUT!!
« Reply #525 on: December 30, 2009, 09:43:15 PM »
I just figured out that if you just keep punching about once every "one one thousand", you will catch him open every single time and likely get lots of stars.

I've knocked him out almost twice in a single round now without getting touched, but the minute I get touched, it's pretty much down hill from there. It's too hard to know when to dodge that left hand downward punch that has no tell, and if you get tired, dodging is the only defense.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #526 on: December 30, 2009, 09:50:17 PM »
Hmm I think you can counterpunch him in the face when he does his "stand still" punch.Hit him with a right punch to his face.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 30, 2009, 10:03:14 PM »
Hmm I think you can counterpunch him in the face when he does his "stand still" punch.Hit him with a right punch to his face.

I don't think you understand what I figured out. I was punching him once every second and he never got to throw a punch because I countered them all. I was even getting stars every once in a while.

I was literally one punch away (my glove was almost to his face) from a TKO in the 2nd round just now when he was saved by the bell!!!!

EDIT: KO 0:48.49 in the 3rd round!!!!!

edit 2: No on ever said that there was a mini game in the credits - 171500 (i wasn't sure what was going on till the credits were about 1/3 thru already)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 10:09:47 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #528 on: December 30, 2009, 10:05:52 PM »
I see. Well I hope you can beat him.:)
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 30, 2009, 10:12:08 PM »
:D On to Title Defense!!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #530 on: December 30, 2009, 10:28:12 PM »
Yeah Nintendo has had interactive credits since SSBM. I like the NSMB Wii credits.
Congradulations BlackNMild on beating Mr.Sandman!!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 30, 2009, 10:33:24 PM »
:D On to Title Defense!!

Nice.  Best of luck there.  I'm doing some training against Super Macho Man before I take him on.  His normal moves are pretty easy to read, but I keep misreading his spin punch.  Considering he has two such moves, it's probably best that I get the hang of reading that, along with his delayed left punch.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 30, 2009, 11:06:43 PM »
Once you get past him, if you read my spoiler for Mr. Sandman it takes alot of the guess work out of the fight. The real challenge appears to be after him, so I will carry that on some other time.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 31, 2009, 03:07:21 AM »
Once you get past him, if you read my spoiler for Mr. Sandman it takes alot of the guess work out of the fight. The real challenge appears to be after him, so I will carry that on some other time.

I think the first few guys are technically easier than Sandman (but still hard) since he beat the stuffing out of me again and again.

The real difficult part is that you have to "forget" how you fought them last time.  Glass joe has a punch that starts out the exact same as his old punch so out of habit you dodge and then he hesitates and slugs you after the dodge.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 31, 2009, 12:45:24 PM »
Good thing I haven't really played it since June or whenever it came out, I already "forgot" how I fought them last time. Advantage = Mine

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #535 on: December 31, 2009, 12:56:47 PM »
I hereby rename this game "EXCITE PUNCH," cuz it's so awesome it's EXCITEing.

Infernal Monkey delivers yet again
http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/features/21008/
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 31, 2009, 02:15:33 PM »
Newest edition to the EXCITE series of games.

Does this mean we can call NSMBW "EXCITE JUMP"?

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 07, 2010, 05:43:22 AM »
Finally got around to playing this again, and after a few tries took down Sandman (the only punch he gave me serious problems on was that delayed left hook, which was a problem because I grew accustomed to being ready to dodge left at any time to avoid all his other punches).  Now that Title Defense is unlocked, I went ahead and defeated Glass Joe again (which was surprisingly hard due to having difficulties obtaining Star Punches, not to mention the opponents now seem to know how to dodge Star Punches).  Looking at the mode, honestly I don't know if I'm going to bother finishing it.  Sure, I'd like to unlock that 14th boxer (yes, I know who he is), but I'd much rather be boxing new enemies rather than all these old ones with new moves and fewer weaknesses.  I also wish the rewards were completing the Challenges were actually worth unlocking, as they're glorified Sound Test Modes that I never bother with in any other game as well.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #538 on: January 08, 2010, 03:34:32 PM »
The changed-up behaviors in Title Defense should've been the default game.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 08, 2010, 04:22:36 PM »
The changed-up behaviors in Title Defense should've been the default game.

You could be right, there...especially if it meant getting more boxers from Super Punch-Out or new characters altogether.  Still, I had a good deal of fun in the standard career mode, and Title Defense being pretty much this game's "Hard Mode" I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much if that were the default.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: January 11, 2010, 10:54:57 PM »
I hate you guys, I really do.

Its bad enough that after demoing this game to a cousin of mine (a new wii owner after giftmas) I miss it to death after lending it to him, but now i have you guys reminding me of how enjoyable it is, reminding me i still have yet to beat Title Defense mode AND THERE'S A MINIGAME DURING CREDITS!? Maybe its been so lon since ive played it, but i don't remember that one at all. ****!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.