Author Topic: Switchmas Eve Rumors and Speculations Thread  (Read 675107 times)

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (#TeamButtons Wins Again!)
« Reply #1075 on: April 25, 2016, 02:15:04 PM »
You guys do know there's a perfectly good Devil's Third thread where you can take this argument to, right?
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 25, 2016, 05:30:23 PM »
You guys do know there's a perfectly good Devil's Third thread where you can take this argument to, right?

No, there isn't. Perfectly good? Don't make me laugh. That thread is outright trash. While this thread may not be that great either, at least it's a step up from a thread this very site gave a rating of 3.5/10.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 25, 2016, 05:59:01 PM »
Oh I'm sorry.  I'm out of line in calling a game that has an average review score of 43.56% trash?
ShyGuy has actually played it, and you haven't.

Plus, it's just fun to rib you. :P

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: April 25, 2016, 06:06:36 PM »
Oh I'm sorry.  I'm out of line in calling a game that has an average review score of 43.56% trash?  A game that got an almost universal negative reception, that was released so under-the-radar that physical copies are rare because NOA didn't really want you to notice it existed because they knew it was so shitty?  I'm out of line there?  REALLY?  Review scores are typically inflated and practically nothing gets under 50% so for Devil's Third to end up under that mark must mean it REALLY sucks.  But go ahead and stand up for a game that this very site gave a 3.5/10 score on.

The critical reception of Devil's Third isn't the issue or what started this recent drive by of your opinions. The statement was:

Devil's Third isn't outright trash.
It's Ian Sane, any game he doesn't like is deemed as trash, whether or not it is any good is irrelevant.

Whether a game is good or not doesn't matter if you don't like it. If you don't like a game, regardless of critical consensus, then you deem the game trash. Do you agree or disagree with that statement because that's what the actual debate is about. Not whether Devil's Third is good. ShyGuy happens to enjoy the game and just made a brief comment disagreeing with your summarization of the game being trash. It's something I think he'd post no matter who made that claim since he's positive about the game and has been posting such thoughts for awhile in an effort to battle the current critical groupthink of the game.

The merciless Mop it up just decided to seize on that moment to cause more forum drama. It's her thing. She's currently trying to encourage various forum members to insult and attack one another in a Funhouse thread as I type this. She loves this stuff as she herself has now admitted.

The problem I see here is one I've called you out on and identified before. You often post your opinions as though they are universal and held by all. I often think that's what gets you in the most trouble because then all the posters who disagree with your view start posting in opposition to you because they feel they have to enlighten you that what you have posted isn't how they feel or that everyone thinks the same as you. Even in cases where the majority of people probably would sum up Devil's Third as trash or easily agree with you, there will always be outliers and people who think differently. That's why I'm always cautious to use any language or make comments that would preclude the idea that others might think differently. I usually make it clear that what I think about something is only how I view it and not give off the idea that my view is the absolute view of everyone else also. If you were more careful about that or kept the thought that most people usually disagree with you in mind, it might help keep you from making these constant post containing so many absolute statements that seem to result in so many forum rebuttals.

Of course, there are other times where disputes come from grossly, over-exaggerated expressions, constantly repetitive complaints, bringing up points or facts that have nothing to do with the subject on hand but you can't leave alone, lack of actual knowledge on a matter or just flat-out wrong statements but let's try to focus on one thing at a time, right? Mop it up is right! It is fun to take you on.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 06:24:48 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 25, 2016, 06:14:07 PM »
The merciless Mop it up just decided to seize on that moment to cause more forum drama. It's her thing. She's currently trying to encourage various forum members to insult and attack one another in a Funhouse thread as I type this. She loves this stuff.
This is pretty ironic coming from someone sporting an author icon that spoofs Ian Sane's, and has encouraged a few other users to do the same. :P:

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: April 25, 2016, 06:38:52 PM »
Look at that. Mop it up's trying to subtly direct the conversation to create an attack against me. Help! Help! I'm being oppressed here!

But I see through this clever girl's machinations and I will not fall for them by engaging in some small forum drama. I'm only here to talk about acceptable forum topics like religion, politics and piracy, thank you very much.

On that subject, who here is voting for Jesus our dread pirate lord and who is voting for BlackBeard Moses in the upcoming election?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1081 on: April 25, 2016, 08:00:00 PM »
This thread used to be about important things, like buttons, now it's just a bunch of in-fighting. :(
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1082 on: April 25, 2016, 08:25:38 PM »
The thirst is real, clearly.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1083 on: April 25, 2016, 11:44:40 PM »
Mop it up's a girl? :o
but birdo's are male...
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 26, 2016, 12:45:09 AM »
So am I. I just don't go around bragging about it. And Birdo is a well-documented male to female transsexual. The correct term is Birdo.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 26, 2016, 01:28:15 AM »
Going back to an older post in this thread,

From the same thread:

Also, there has been rumors/speculation of Call of Duty, Madden, The Division, and WatchDogs 2.

I always meant to comment that it reminded me of this post I made years ago:

Wii U's secret weapon. Sequels to cult classics.

Pikmin 3
Bayonetta 2
Shenmue 3
Beyond Good and Evil 2
Eternal Darkness 2
Star Tropics 3
Skies of Arcadia 2
Phantasy Star 5
Mother 4
Too Human 2

Wii U is going to be the hardcore of hardcore!

Now, at the time, we knew that Pikmin 3 and Bayonetta 2 were coming and the rest were just jokes. However, I find it interesting that the proposed titles for the NX launch have a Pikmin game (Pikmin 4), Beyond Good and Evil 2 and Final Fantasy 7 (appearing on a Nintendo console almost 20 years later) along with the latest Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games. To me, the list seems to be fanboyish, to create a word. Oddly enough, Shenmue 3 has since been proposed at last year's E3 so maybe this list will all come true someday (except for Too Human 2). It's just that I think the list is too good to be true and I won't believe until I see it.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 26, 2016, 11:12:06 AM »
Just a reminder: anyone looking for major NX info in the investors briefing will be in for some disappointment.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2010/100323e.pdf
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 11:14:46 AM by Soren »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1087 on: April 26, 2016, 11:14:56 AM »
I think sequels to existing franchises, particularly acclaimed ones, are just a consistent fanboy dream/speculation.  Honestly, it's the only thing you can predict.  You know there will be new IPs, but you have no way of knowing what they are.  The only thing you can guess is a new version of a thing that already exists.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 26, 2016, 12:21:36 PM »
On the N64 Nintendo would talk about "quality over quantity".  That was pure PR spin to try to divert attention from the weak third party support but if you already know you're going to be hurting for support at first could you try that as a strategy?  That fanboy list of NX games would attract some customers.  Nintendo isn't going to get all the major games overnight so if the third party releases are going to be uncommon at first it would be best to make them count.  Bayonetta 2 didn't save the Wii U but the idea of landing an exclusive like that wasn't bad in theory, it's just that that one game was all they landed.  But an exclusive sequel to a cult classis is still a better catch than some shovelware based on a kids cartoon or a year old port of a game with missing features.  So can you get a bunch of cult classic exclusives?  If Nintendo could give the NX a rep as being that console with the hardcore fanboy dream games that will sell some consoles.  It's not going to make them a runaway success but it will build some momentum and if they can build enough of that good third party support will follow.

When you're coming from a position of weakness and need to fight for each sale then you want each move to be very calculated.  I feel Sega did that with the Genesis and MS with the Xbox, while Nintendo tends to have a more "eh, they'll buy our console because we're Nintendo" arrogance that is frankly a shitty approach when you're coming from behind.  You have to think about what you're missing and try to address it and think about what the other guys are weak at and take advantage by doing it better or offering something they don't have.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 26, 2016, 12:33:27 PM »
I hear Mighty No. 9 might come to the NX.

Maybe.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 26, 2016, 02:45:33 PM »
Bayonetta 2 didn't save the Wii U but the idea of landing an exclusive like that wasn't bad in theory, it's just that that one game was all they landed. 
I'll take "What is Lego City Undercover" for 300.

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 26, 2016, 04:29:03 PM »
Bayonetta 2 didn't save the Wii U but the idea of landing an exclusive like that wasn't bad in theory, it's just that that one game was all they landed. 
I'll take "What is Lego City Undercover" for 300.

It's not that type of hardcore gamer cult classic sequel I'm talking about like Bayo 2 was.  Hell I just assumed it was a port of the million other Lego games that appear on every platform until its fans started praising it and clued me in to it's exclusive status.  It was an odd choice because Lego games are everywhere and they did a poor choice of making it stand out.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
Re: NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (The rumor well is drying up! EDITION)
« Reply #1092 on: April 26, 2016, 04:51:33 PM »
That fanboy list of NX games would attract some customers.  Nintendo isn't going to get all the major games overnight so if the third party releases are going to be uncommon at first it would be best to make them count.  Bayonetta 2 didn't save the Wii U but the idea of landing an exclusive like that wasn't bad in theory, it's just that that one game was all they landed. 

I just had a strange case of deja vu. I could have sworn we had this argument a while back. Oh wait...

Nintendo picking up the tab for cult/niche franchises sounds like a better way to build trust with the likes of Ubisoft/EA/Activision than outright moneyhatting third party ports of multiplatform games.

They funded this one game and that's better than nothing but it means jack **** in comparison to all the third party games the Wii U didn't get and one game is way too few to have any real effect on sales.

They also rescued Devil's Third from oblivion (regardless of whether or not it was worth rescuing) and funded an exclusive Lego game and another exclusive Platinum game with a new IP. They also had an exclusivity agreement with Sega which yielded Sonic Lost World and Sonic Boom(again, not talking about quality). It wasn't just one game.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: April 26, 2016, 07:04:11 PM »
I just had a strange case of deja vu. I could have sworn I said something about this a while back. Oh wait...

The problem I see here is one I've called you out on and identified before ... there are other times where disputes come from grossly, over-exaggerated expressions, constantly repetitive complaints, bringing up points or facts that have nothing to do with the subject on hand but you can't leave alone, lack of actual knowledge on a matter or just flat-out wrong statements but let's try to focus on one thing at a time, right?

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 26, 2016, 07:33:00 PM »
I don't get why I get flack for "repetitive complaints".  Nintendo does X.  I don't like X and feel that Nintendo needs to stop doing X if they want to achieve Y.  Nintendo continues to do X for years and years with, predictably, no improvement in achieving Y.  So what am I supposed to do?  The complaint remains because the problem is not addressed.  For example I would stop complaining about the third party problem if Nintendo FIXED IT!!

And sometimes you guys get hung up on semantics.  Well technically Nintendo funded more than one third party exclusive so Ian is wrong!  But what is the POINT I was making?  Nintendo tried some exclusives but too few of them, though the concept may help if done more frequently and in a more calculated way.  So instead of one exclusive Nintendo got two or three.  What the hell difference does that make?  1 or 3 or 5 is all way too little of an amount to be effective.  You're so focused on trying to find some tiny mistake in my statement that you're completely ignoring the actual point.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: April 26, 2016, 07:39:18 PM »
I don't get why I get flack for "repetitive complaints".  Nintendo does X.  I don't like X and feel that Nintendo needs to stop doing X if they want to achieve Y.  Nintendo continues to do X for years and years with, predictably, no improvement in achieving Y.  So what am I supposed to do?

Stop being a baby, leave other people alone, find a new hobby, and move on with your life.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: April 26, 2016, 07:58:00 PM »
That's not very conducive towards healthy discussion, people.

If Ian wants to voice his opinions about things, he can. It's your decision to get involved with addressing those repetitive complaints. Just ignore him!
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: April 26, 2016, 07:59:53 PM »
We've heard them long enough. It's time for him to move on.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: April 26, 2016, 08:19:30 PM »
I don't get why I get flack for "repetitive complaints".  Nintendo does X.  I don't like X and feel that Nintendo needs to stop doing X if they want to achieve Y.  Nintendo continues to do X for years and years with, predictably, no improvement in achieving Y.  So what am I supposed to do?  The complaint remains because the problem is not addressed.  For example I would stop complaining about the third party problem if Nintendo FIXED IT!
Because we already know your opinion. We've heard it. We know it hasn't been fixed to your liking, so you don't need to point it out again and again. Once is enough. What does stating the same things over and over accomplish, exactly? Nintendo aren't reading your posts.

What do you do? You complain once and move on.

I would call out anyone for being this repetitively negative, but you're the main person who does it.

And sometimes you guys get hung up on semantics.  Well technically Nintendo funded more than one third party exclusive so Ian is wrong!  But what is the POINT I was making?  Nintendo tried some exclusives but too few of them, though the concept may help if done more frequently and in a more calculated way.  So instead of one exclusive Nintendo got two or three.  What the hell difference does that make?  1 or 3 or 5 is all way too little of an amount to be effective.  You're so focused on trying to find some tiny mistake in my statement that you're completely ignoring the actual point.
One reason this happens is because we've already addressed your points and some people don't feel like doing it again when you repeat them. It's also because you have a tendency to exaggerate how bad problems are and tend to idealise the past as being better than it is, sometimes even twisting facts. That's a bigger deal than simple semantics.

Over the years, some people, including myself, have also given you some advice on better ways to state your opinions to receive better responses, but you seem to just ignore them. So, it doesn't feel like you've been listening to things we say, either. Perhaps you should evaluate how you present yourself and question if it's really the best way. After all, you like to recite majority opinions of games to try and prove points, such as Metacritic, so perhaps you should also listen to the majority opinion of yourself as well.

For the record, I don't think you're a bad person, and you have raised some good points from time to time on various subjects. I even agree with some of the things you've said before. But, it appears that you struggle to understand any perspective outside of your own, and you act condescendingly towards any people and things that you don't like. This, along with repetition, is what I take issue with, and other people seem to as well.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: April 26, 2016, 08:20:08 PM »
We've heard them long enough. It's time for him to move on.

Zap, I like you. We've been having a lot of fun on these forums the past month and it's great to see you posting more but you got to be careful. The funny thing about blunt, direct posting like this is that it tends to make you look extreme and brings about the opposite result with people usually defending the person on the receiving end. Even I did a double take on this and think you may have gone too far. I get the frustration that can come from Ian's repetition but don't let it take you down.