Author Topic: God... hand?  (Read 1631 times)

Offline jasonditz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
God... hand?
« on: October 08, 2006, 04:12:42 PM »
Capcom is quietly releasing a Beat 'Em Up game called God Hand for the PS2 this week. Director of RE4, Producer of Phoenix Wright, same division that brought us Okami... it's certainly an impressive pedigree.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
RE: God... hand?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 06:51:49 PM »
with the thread title I thought it was something related to Black and White.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE:God... hand?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 07:01:54 PM »
I've heard good things about it when I was browsing their chit-chat-tutting at the neogaf forums. Then I watched a gameplay video of it which was about 95% spanking women enemies... and that was all gameplay!

Still, just because it offends my puritan San Francisco-esque sense of propriety doesn't mean it won't be a good game. This'll probably be for brawlers what DOA is for fighters and volleyball games.

Edit: Talk about a back-handed compliment!

Of course, Godhand is an actual brawler with a variety of enemies, an intrigueing story set-up, special moves, and much much more than just corporal punishment... as anyone could find out if they checked the official godhand website... and although the American site features no spanking, I'm sure it still is there somewhere.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
RE:God... hand?
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 09:34:19 PM »
I've heard the game has no depth. Which is sad, because as was already said, it sure is coming from some talented people...

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 12:07:38 AM »
I've seen the first trailer for it.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 09:37:51 AM »
God Hand sold under 50K in Japan when it was released four weeks ago.  It hasn't made the top ten since.  The game is supposed to be pretty average.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!