Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1217047 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #3125 on: December 04, 2014, 02:31:02 PM »
The Trailer for Terminator Genesis which is a prequel, sequel, reboot, remake all in one.

Is this true? are the time travelling so hard that they make a sequel, prequel at the same time. They try so hard to do it over that it's also remake, but they change so much it's actually a reboot? all at the same time? that's just crazy.

that just peaked my interest a little bit. has that combination ever happened before?

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: December 04, 2014, 03:28:37 PM »
Hold up....was that Daenerys?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: December 04, 2014, 03:49:51 PM »
Hold up....was that Daenerys?

Yes it was.
I just watched the trailer, since i didn't have a chance before I replied earlier.

So this is a sequel that takes place both after, and then before all the other movies, that incorporates a Terminator from the previous movies who sat around and aged while waiting for himself to get sent back in time to before he was even there to kill the woman he was sent back to kill in the first place.

I think I just confused myself....

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: December 04, 2014, 03:54:17 PM »
It's not that hard. He was sent back years earlier to protect her for most of her life. Since they have living human tissue on the outside, they age.

Anyway, it gave me a boner.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: December 04, 2014, 04:26:56 PM »
I haven't watched all the movies in YEARS.

In The Terminator (1984), he was sent back to kill Sarah Connor.
In T2 (1991), he was send back to protect John Connor.
T3... Skynet takes over? I really don't remember.
was there a T4? is this new one T4?
T:Genisys - he was sent back to before T1 to protect Sarah from himself that will be sent back in 1984.... does he then join up with himself in T2 to take on the T-1000 and then they both hang around and fight Terminators in T3, and then sit around till the big war of the future? Or will the events of this movie hopefully erase everything that has happened DoFP style?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: December 04, 2014, 04:46:24 PM »
[The Flash] First Official Look at The Reverse Flash
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=111876

edit: and in unrelated news
Guillermo Del Torro's Dark Avengers movie script is supposedly done, and may even be part of the DCCU
http://screenrant.com/justice-league-dark-movie-dc-shared-universe/
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 04:52:43 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: December 04, 2014, 05:21:10 PM »
Ryan Reynolds is a lock for Deadpool movie
https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/540594148097916928

http://deadline.com/2014/12/ryan-reynolds-deadpool-fox-x-men-1201309406/
EXCLUSIVE: Fox is closing a deal with Ryan Reynolds for a feature on Deadpool, the character he originated in The Wolverine. The film, which Fox is making in conjunction with Marvel Studios, is being directed by Tim Miller, who has done strong visual effects work through his VFX house Blur Films. Miller has been developing the film for several years, from a script by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, with Lauren Shuler Donner producing. Reynolds and other cast has posted photos of Deadpool on Twitter, so clearly this is going. Production begins in March.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: December 04, 2014, 06:44:26 PM »
Terminator Genesis is going into so bad its good. I can't believe how far the Terminator series has fallen. I am choking on bad corn.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: December 04, 2014, 08:05:50 PM »
Terminator Genesis is going into so bad its good. I can't believe how far the Terminator series has fallen. I am choking on bad corn.

I actually liked the trailer. It's ridiculous and knowing it. Although PLEASE stop giving roles to Jai Courtney. He is to me what Sam Worthington is to oohhboy.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3134 on: December 04, 2014, 09:05:48 PM »
You know, I like Terminator Salvation, and wished they had continued that series.  I didn't mind moving the series to PG-13, as to me blood is not necessary for this story to be scary or ruthless. 

I also like the idea of them playing the time travel rules and asking why didn't the Robots just send more and more robots earlier and earlier in the past.  I mean if you think about it....just send one robot into the past far enough to kill the ancestors of Sarah Conner.  Simple. 

The movie I didn't like was Terminator 3.  I thought it was shallow, and I didn't care to see Judgement Day, because what that turned out to be was pretty uneventful. 

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3135 on: December 04, 2014, 10:45:46 PM »
You know, I like Terminator Salvation, and wished they had continued that series.  I didn't mind moving the series to PG-13, as to me blood is not necessary for this story to be scary or ruthless. 

The movie I didn't like was Terminator 3.  I thought it was shallow, and I didn't care to see Judgement Day, because what that turned out to be was pretty uneventful.

This got me laughing. Yeah at least half of humanity disappearing in nuclear fireballs is uneventful.

Fear of blood and PG13 is a agrravating American movie cultural aberration that needs to die. It bloodless death reinforces violence without consequence. Yeah, in both cases the person is dead but without the blood the death is disconnected from reality. This is the culture that for some reason finds the classic Bugs Bunny cartoons offensive and refuses to make new classic BB cartoons, instead what we get is Two and Half Men: the cartoon or "Buzz Bunny".

Jai Courtney is Sam Worthington. Generally generic white dude with no charisma, completely interchangeable. They cast them as everyman or some jacked up version of one, but being flawless and flawlessly boring they don't represent a everyman like the one Bruce Willis in Die Hard brought to life. John Mcclane was great because we was flawed, he had issues to deal with before the violence, got injured in ways he didn't just walk off like he did in the later movies which were much closer to cartoons. It showed being a hero can seriously suck which made his triumph all the sweeter.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3136 on: December 05, 2014, 12:04:34 AM »

This got me laughing. Yeah at least half of humanity disappearing in nuclear fireballs is uneventful.

Fear of blood and PG13 is a agrravating American movie cultural aberration that needs to die. It bloodless death reinforces violence without consequence. Yeah, in both cases the person is dead but without the blood the death is disconnected from reality. This is the culture that for some reason finds the classic Bugs Bunny cartoons offensive and refuses to make new classic BB cartoons, instead what we get is Two and Half Men: the cartoon or "Buzz Bunny".

Jai Courtney is Sam Worthington. Generally generic white dude with no charisma, completely interchangeable. They cast them as everyman or some jacked up version of one, but being flawless and flawlessly boring they don't represent a everyman like the one Bruce Willis in Die Hard brought to life. John Mcclane was great because we was flawed, he had issues to deal with before the violence, got injured in ways he didn't just walk off like he did in the later movies which were much closer to cartoons. It showed being a hero can seriously suck which made his triumph all the sweeter.

You miss my point.  Uneventful, because the way it happened wasn't that shocking, scary, or surprising.  It was just kinda added at the end, and OH...OK.  No real after effect of the event. 

As for bloodless deaths.  That is not a problem.  It is deaths of characters and people that carry no weight and the people that witness them just move on, and so do the audience.  You can have bloody deaths that mean nothing and nobody cares...that is most horror movies. 

I agree with you about Die Hard though.  That is a great series that purposely put its hero through the wringer and showed him seriously get hurt and not just magically heal. 

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: December 05, 2014, 01:16:24 AM »
Super Excited for the new Terminator movie.  would prefer they finish the TV show though.  That thing was amazing.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: December 05, 2014, 03:18:46 AM »
I guess it was uneventful from a certain point of view.

Blood is an easy and logical way to impart impact as a visual cue. OT Star Wars has no blood, but when a storm trooper takes a shot to the chest, it is visibly nasty. Hell they even took the time to show one storm trooper trying to take care of another.

In the end I suppose it is just bad film making which PG-13 compounds it by compromising the process from start to finish.

« Reply #3139 on: December 06, 2014, 10:41:06 AM »
Terminator 3 is my favorite one. It used to be T2 but I love Rise of the Machines. Only one I hated was Salvation but I will still see this new mess of a movie because why not.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: December 06, 2014, 11:20:55 AM »
You are the exception to the rule. The proper order, from best to worst is:

1. Terminator 2: Judgment Day
2. The Terminator
3. Terminator Salvation
8. Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

Yes, T3 was so bad it falls to 8th place.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: December 06, 2014, 12:44:46 PM »
Terminator Salvation is by far the worse. All the aesthetics are wrong. The plot nonsensical. It has Sam "**** off already" Worthington. No plasma rifles in the 40 Watt range or converted plasma weapons. Christian Bale as much as I like him had two modes in this movie, quiet and screaming. Anything not in the opening sequence was components of a movie jumping the shark.

I only liked the opening sequence because it had gratuitous nuke usage and A-10 runs. It was the closest the movie ever came to showing us the future war or war of any kind. The rest of the action was just utter junk.

T3 at least tries to follow Jame's vision and in parts succeeds.

« Reply #3142 on: December 06, 2014, 01:56:17 PM »
I didn't like pretty much anything about Salvation. It was nothing like the future depicted in the previous films.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 01:58:52 PM by marvel_moviefan_2012 »
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: December 08, 2014, 05:43:44 PM »
Mark Hamill cast on The Flash as The Trickster
link under spoiler. spoiler in link.^

who?
this guy: http://i.imgur.com/wYvvjtf.jpg

but Hamill.... aren't you in Star Wars VII!?
yes, but check this out: O. M. G.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 06:04:44 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: December 08, 2014, 09:23:10 PM »
I thought he retired after the Arkham City game with the exception to Star Wars? Glad to see he still has it going. Too bad he couldn't play Joker in some series.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: December 08, 2014, 09:59:43 PM »
I thought he retired after the Arkham City game with the exception to Star Wars? Glad to see he still has it going. Too bad he couldn't play Joker in some series.

Nope, Hamil retired the Joker voice in particular.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: December 08, 2014, 10:49:32 PM »
Ironically, I didn't realized he played Luke in Star Wars...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: December 08, 2014, 11:38:41 PM »
Get hype for the mid season finale of Agents of SHIELD
http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillbarr/2014/12/08/review-marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-proves-dramatic-capability-in-mid-season-finale/

The last few months have been ones of re-invention for Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.. Originally conceived as an action/adventure series set within the Marvel Cinematic Universe, everything the show was supposed to be changed when the creative team learned it wasn’t long before S.H.I.E.L.D. would be no more thanks to the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Since then, the program’s been looking for ways to be its own entity while still paying respect to its big screen cousins, and thanks to Tuesday’s mid-season finale, it seems to have done just that.

What makes the episode truly stand-out as, quite possibly, the best episode of the series to date is its dramatic chops. Often, when S.H.I.E.L.D. has to tackle something serious that could drastically alter the lives of the team, it does so with puns and jokes to deflect from the gravity of the situation. However, nearly all of that’s gone in “What They Become” because the nature of the situation is so serious that jokes would simply feel inappropriate, and it’s that willingness to break from childish norm that allows the series to truly carry some dramatic weight.

In addition, the mid-season finale of Marvel’s grand television experiment also does something it has yet to, play in specific worlds before the films do. Of course it’s impossible to dive to heavily into what that means without venturing into major spoiler territory, but what can be said is where the episode goes in its final act is to a place few ever expected the series would dare. For the first time, it truly feels as if S.H.I.E.L.D.’s acting from a proactive position rather than the reactionary one we saw during all of its freshman season.

However, the dramatic shifting of the series comes from more than just a change in tone, but also status quo. Come the appearance of the final emblem in 2014 before the “post-credit scene,” audiences will be left uneasy and unsure of how to think in the best of ways. Truly, it will be a moment that makes people say, “wow, they actually did it.”

Edit: get more HYPE.

io9: Tomorrow night's Agents of Shield will blow you goddamn mind

"@bearmccreary: You guys, @AgentsofSHIELD this week is insane. I'm so proud to be a part of it. Tune in tomorrow and turn your speakers up. #Wow"

"@ChloeBennet4: For you #AgentsofSHIELD fans. Today is the last day you have to live in ignorant bliss. You can't un-know what goes down tomorrow! Be ready!"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 12:01:03 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: December 09, 2014, 03:09:16 AM »
Given how well the show has been going I don't think there is any reason to doubt them.  I am certainly looking forward to it.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: December 09, 2014, 09:37:17 AM »
The interweaving of the comedy and dead lines are one of my favorite parts of AoS.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.