Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1216705 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #2300 on: February 24, 2014, 09:46:45 PM »
Go read the serenity comic book.

Another big problem heroes had was they had to Nerf guys since half the cast became to OP.

Series 2 was crappy but had some decent storylines in it such as Hiros character arc.  Too bad the writer strike interfered with most of it.

Will be intresting on what the world is like a fee years after the secret is out.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: February 25, 2014, 04:40:13 PM »
Sony Looking to Annualize Spider-Man Movies...!?
Venom & The Sinister Six Movies? Franchise fatigue is imminent, but Sony needs that money NOW!!!
http://collider.com/amazing-spider-man-3-marc-webb/

Sony Pictures is making big plans for its Spider-Man franchise and beyond.  When the studio announced plans to move forward with a Venom spinoff and a Sinister Six film in addition to further adventures in the proper Spider-Man series, it became clear that the studio was keen on building its own mini-universe not unlike Marvel’s interconnected franchises.  Now it appears that the plan involves releasing a new Spider-Man film every year for the foreseeable future.  That begins with 2016’s The Amazing Spider-Man 3, which the studio has now confirmed that Marc Webb will indeed be returning to direct.  Hit the jump for more.

I love Spider-man as much as the next person, and Sony has a few good to decent(ly) entertaining Spider-man movies under it's belt, but forcing a yearly expansion.... I just hope they can atleast keep the quality at decently entertaining and not make us all hate Spider-man.

but also what if the Spider-man movies start to suck but something like Venom or Sinister 6 take off. Would that still count as a Spider-man movie? would that allow them to keep the franchise rights alive, even if they end up not focusing on Spidey or even using him at all?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: February 25, 2014, 05:13:20 PM »
Jada Pinkett-Smith cast in Fox's GOTHAM
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/tv/gotham-jada-pinkett-smith-cast-as-new-villain-in-batman-series/#/0
The cast of “Gotham” is coming together, with Jada Pinkett Smith the most recent addition to Fox’s upcoming Batman series.

Pinkett Smith will play Fish Mooney — an original character you won’t find in the comics. Fish Mooney is described as “a sadistic gangster boss and nightclub owner” and will be a series regular.

“Fish Mooney’s got the street smarts and almost extra-sensory abilities to read people like an open book,” her official character description reads. “Imposing and hotheaded, she’s not one to be crossed.”

& BONUS: Gotham Script Draft floating around. io9 breaks it down (hint: it doesn't sound good)
- it could be fake, or an early rough draft, but it does mention Jada's new character in it....
http://io9.com/what-we-learned-from-the-script-for-gothams-first-epi-1530515272?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: February 25, 2014, 05:34:28 PM »
Venom & The Sinister Six Movies? Franchise fatigue is imminent, but Sony needs that money NOW!!!

Sony Pictures is making big plans for its Spider-Man franchise and beyond.  When the studio announced plans to move forward with a Venom spinoff and a Sinister Six film in addition to further adventures in the proper Spider-Man series, it became clear that the studio was keen on building its own mini-universe not unlike Marvel’s interconnected franchises.  Now it appears that the plan involves releasing a new Spider-Man film every year for the foreseeable future.  That begins with 2016’s The Amazing Spider-Man 3, which the studio has now confirmed that Marc Webb will indeed be returning to direct.  Hit the jump for more.

I love Spider-man as much as the next person, and Sony has a few good to decent(ly) entertaining Spider-man movies under it's belt, but forcing a yearly expansion.... I just hope they can atleast keep the quality at decently entertaining and not make us all hate Spider-man.

but also what if the Spider-man movies start to suck but something like Venom or Sinister 6 take off. Would that still count as a Spider-man movie? would that allow them to keep the franchise rights alive, even if they end up not focusing on Spidey or even using him at all?

If it's a shared universe, then possibly.. technically, it's still using the IP.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2304 on: February 25, 2014, 06:20:54 PM »

This would need a STRONG rotation to work, and it would have to count Sinister 6 and Venom films.
Still, sounds like a terrible idea.  There's no way you don't see severely diminishing returns on that one.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: February 25, 2014, 06:53:51 PM »
2014: ASM 2
2016: ASM 3
2017: Venom
2018: ASM 4
2019: Sinister Six
2020: ASM 5?
2021: Carnage?

I fully expect at least 2-3 of those movies listed above to be sub-par, and 1 of them to be absolutely terrible and forced. How many movies till Sony decides to scrap it all and reboot again?

2025: Spider-Man 2099?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2306 on: February 25, 2014, 07:23:51 PM »
They should just work the current series towards killing Peter Parker, then rebooting the series as Ultimate Spiderman to keep it fresh.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: February 25, 2014, 07:46:08 PM »
Godzilla - Official Main Trailer [HD]

This is the third trailer they've released for the film and they keep getting better and better. Movie studios take note: THIS is how you do a trailer.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 07:48:13 PM by Oblivion »

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: February 25, 2014, 08:21:40 PM »
As tempted as I am to click that trailer (even though I'm not a Godzilla fan, the first trailer was amazing), I'm just gonna wait to watch the movie.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: February 25, 2014, 08:25:45 PM »
It does a good job of making mankind seem helpless in the face of a GODzilla.
also does a little historical revision. It reveals more of what is going on, if I remember the 1st trailer correctly. I don't remember seeing the second.

edit: actually this is the 2nd trailer isn't it?
and Godzilla is about to wreck shop. He is F'n HUGE. This movie will be crazy.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 08:39:23 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #2310 on: February 25, 2014, 10:42:10 PM »
He's actually not that big--just 110 meters tall, so that poster is really just a way to show Godzilla in the city. Even the new trailer shows that he's not bigger than some of the buildings he's toppling.

In many ways, this is the first actual trailer. The thing we saw before was a teaser, and I don't know if any historical revisionism is going on. Recall that the leaked Comi-Con teaser (with the Oppenheimer quote) was basically proof of concept. It probably had nothing to do with the final film. The thing I love about this new trailer is that it's taking Godzilla's origin and turning it on its head a bit, and Ken Watanabe's scenes imply something else is going on, too.

I want that image of Godzilla just laying in the water as a desktop background.

ALSO, just so you all know, that's not New York, it's Las Vegas. This implies that Godzilla tears through San Francisco without much trouble and heads straight for Sin City. Stogi, it's three months away (May 16th). Just watch it. On a big TV, with the sound up, and the lights out. And grab some lube.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: February 25, 2014, 11:53:52 PM »
The first trailer was the comic con teaser that was removed almost completely off the internet. The second was the official teaser, the one that started with that plane jump. And then this one.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: February 26, 2014, 12:30:21 AM »
and I don't know if any historical revisionism is going on. Recall that the leaked Comi-Con teaser (with the Oppenheimer quote) was basically proof of concept. It probably had nothing to do with the final film. The thing I love about this new trailer is that it's taking Godzilla's origin and turning it on its head a bit, and Ken Watanabe's scenes imply something else is going on, too.

The portion about the reason for the nukes in the pacific ocean. That was what I meant about historical revisionism. they are taking known history and tweaking it to fit this movie into a sense of realism for this world.

ALSO, just so you all know, that's not New York, it's Las Vegas. This implies that Godzilla tears through San Francisco without much trouble and heads straight for Sin City. Stogi, it's three months away (May 16th). Just watch it. On a big TV, with the sound up, and the lights out. And grab some lube.

gonna need more than Lube.... like I said... Godzilla is HUGE.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: February 26, 2014, 12:47:03 AM »
I want that image of Godzilla just laying in the water as a desktop background.

This is the best I could do. I'm sure you wanted something that fills your screen.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: February 26, 2014, 01:20:10 AM »

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: February 26, 2014, 01:49:41 AM »
Ah, thanks for doing that. Too bad there isn't a higher resolution of the trailer yet - hopefully the Apple Movie Trailers version comes out soon.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: February 26, 2014, 03:02:38 AM »
Coming back for season 2 this Friday!!!

Hannibal returns to serve up the second course of this delicious feast of a show.

Spolier for the opening scene of the season2 premiere **I have not and will not watch it**

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: February 26, 2014, 05:18:40 AM »
Wait... was what you posted always a GIF? I could have sworn it wasn't moving earlier. :P

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: February 26, 2014, 08:01:33 AM »
I wish I saw Halbred's advice about sitting on the couch with lube first. Unprepared, I just watched it on my Nexus 7 whilst taking a dump and had to give myself a blumpkin.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: February 26, 2014, 10:30:23 AM »
had to give myself a blumpkin.

Hm... what's that? I better look it up...

Quote from: Urban Dictionary
The delicately balanced art of getting your cock sucked while taking a dump.

ಠ_ಠ

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: February 27, 2014, 04:55:16 PM »
Wait... was what you posted always a GIF? I could have sworn it wasn't moving earlier. :P

yes it was. and ALL the reviews are praising this second season. I havne't watched any clips of the new season... 29 hours and counting.

Seriously, if you haven't seen the 1st season yet, then get to it. It is my favorite new show of last season, and one of TV best currently airing shows right now.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-nbcs-hannibal-serves-up-delicious-second-season-course
Quote from: Sepinwall
The last thing television needs is more serial killer dramas. But when they're this well made, this smart and creative and unexpectedly funny? Then, yes, more "Hannibal," please.

I seriously wish this was a Netflix show, just so I can take it all in like a big meal in sitting.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: February 28, 2014, 02:02:45 PM »
First photo of The Flash in costume
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/28/the-flash-costume/

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: February 28, 2014, 02:12:57 PM »
It sort of bugs me that the Lightning Sticks out considering there other choices because when he runs it would rip right off.  Should be done with material.

Still cool though.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: February 28, 2014, 02:45:51 PM »
The lightning bolt is on the material, it doesn't stick out at all.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: February 28, 2014, 02:53:32 PM »
The lightning bolt is on the material, it doesn't stick out at all.
From that picture it does.

Its made out of a Gold (probably Platic).  You can tell it sticks out by the way it reflects the light and casts its own shadow.  Not to mention if you look real close you can see parts raising up.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.