Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1553396 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #3275 on: May 21, 2012, 02:22:24 AM »
Borat was funny and unexpected.

Bruno was predictable and too much trying to replicate Borat with a different character.

The Dictator should not have happened.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: May 23, 2012, 04:59:36 PM »
the dictator even from the previews seems to be trying too hard. I saw the trailer and thought pass in my head. Still everyone else i know was like "oh lets go watch that" If the Trailer is indeed all the good parts i need to see, then theres nothing for me to watch, because I thought that looked dumb.

a better movie is The Devils Double, its not meant to be a comedy at all. It deals with a similar subject though. Either way its a better movie.

Still want to see the Freddy Mercury movie if that materializes.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 05:01:12 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: May 23, 2012, 10:35:20 PM »
Perm, are you serious? The commercials look hilarious.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: May 23, 2012, 11:09:17 PM »
It looks terrible to me, like some bad austin powers/the guru type movie. On the other hand I can appreciate some movies that are like that like say Hot Rod or Ron Burgandy, but this just comes off as negative stereotyping. Im not offended by much really to be honest, but this just seems cheesy. It reminds me of a bad racist joke stretched into a movie. Borat handled this, but Borat handled this in a very intelligent way.

The Falling 6/10 has some lame 80s moments, but it gets out of the abysmal 5.0 zone because of good special effects. Theres a great scene with a Camper. The scene first allows you to use your imagination which some would say is classier, but then gives you a second look which is worse than your imagination.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:13:06 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: May 23, 2012, 11:43:38 PM »
The Dictator looked bad even in the previews.

Not to say that you might not laugh at some parts, but it will be more of a "heh" than a "haha"

Most of the jokes were really lame, the setups were equally bad and almost all of it was predictably offensive just to get some sort of reaction out of you (since laughter obviously wasn't going to the reaction they got).

Maybe some EXPLETIVE before, during and after the movie may "enhance" it, but it was pretty bad. I definitely don't recommend even wasting the time to find out.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3280 on: May 24, 2012, 09:55:46 AM »
The first previews made it look like it will be really funny (Borat was great, Bruno was not as good but still pretty funny). The most recent trailer makes it less so, but I will give it a chance.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: May 24, 2012, 11:36:15 AM »
The Dictator looked bad even in the previews.

What?! I nearly spit up my drink when he asked for a trash can to throw a newly born baby girl away. "I'm sorry. It's a girl. Where's the trash can?"

Not to mention, his character was hysterical on Jon Stewart the night before it released.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #3282 on: May 26, 2012, 09:02:29 PM »
Men in Black 3: First of all, has there ever been a time where Tommy Lee Jones has NOT looked incredibly old? This movie was okay, better than I expected, but I had no expectations. I was pleasantly surprised to see Alice Eve show up for all of five minutes (as a young Emma Thompson). Overall the movie was competant, but not as funny or exciting as the first movie, which still rocks. Will Smith is still a capable funnyman--I wish he'd do more roles like this.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: May 26, 2012, 10:05:24 PM »
Sorry, I had to smite you for that.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3284 on: May 27, 2012, 01:47:39 AM »
For what it's worth, Roger Ebert says he thinks the movie is even better than the first one. It looks good to me, so I plan to see it eventually.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3285 on: May 27, 2012, 08:36:50 AM »
They made up the script for the movie literally as it was being filmed.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: May 27, 2012, 12:57:05 PM »
I find it funny that they use Mr. Garrison's 'IT' as the vehicle.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: May 27, 2012, 03:10:55 PM »
Agreed. Wall-E was better than Up; but that's more of a testament to Wall-E.

It still amazes me how Pixar keeps their magic. Even their worse movies are quite good IMO, and have a HEART especially compared to about any other CGI animation. In many ways I feel really blessed to be living in a time where Pixar is still on top with classic after classic.

I love Pixar, but you can't count out DreamWorks. Kung Fu Panda was one of their best movies. Blue Sky's movies have been meh (Ice Age got old after the 2nd movie). And Sony Pictures Animation is terrible (who thought Open Season was a good idea?). I haven't Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs yet, but I heard it was better than their previous stuff (one decent movie does not make up for a string of crappy ones).

1. Pixar
2. DreamWorks
3. Blue Sky Studios
4. Sony Pictures Animation

Sometimes I wonder why Sony even decided to get into the animation industry. Pixar and DreamWorks are much more popular, and 3 major animation studios (Pixar, DreamWorks, Blue Sky) is enough.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 03:17:52 PM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3288 on: May 27, 2012, 05:14:56 PM »
Planet 51 is from Sony and that was a pretty good movie.

As for Pixar, Up was their worst movie I have seen (have not seen Cars 2 yet, though I loved the first one). I saw a trailer for Brave when I went to see The Avengers, and the trailer made me think "meh" for the movie.

Had to watch Sleepover because of my lady friend, and was pleasantly surprised. Yes it's a typical teen romance movie, but it's not too bad (though obviously that stuff wouldn't happen in real life, and it's a little hard to believe that a 16/17 year old guy who just became prom king is gonna be attracted to a 14 year old 8th grader).

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: May 27, 2012, 05:35:56 PM »
it's a little hard to believe that a 16/17 year old guy who just became prom king is gonna be attracted to a 14 year old 8th grader).

I'm pretty sure most 14 year olds are in 9th grade (the Freshman year of high school).

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3290 on: May 27, 2012, 05:41:33 PM »
I know, but not all are. Part of it depends on stuff like when you are born. In the school district I went to, if you were born after December 1, you had to wait a year before starting kindergarten. So if you birthday was January 3, then in 8th grade you would be 13 for like half, then 14 the rest. There is also the case of students being held back.
In the movie she is just about to graduate junior high school (which is middle school for most of the country) and in 8th grade.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: May 27, 2012, 05:48:43 PM »
This is way too serious of a discussion for something so stupid. Reminds me of NASCAR.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: May 27, 2012, 06:04:58 PM »
SONY made Surf's Up which probably has the best animation I've ever seen.

And more people graduate at 18 than 17...

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: May 27, 2012, 06:12:42 PM »
SONY made Surf's Up which probably has the best animation I've ever seen.

The reason why some of Sony's animated movies have such good animation is because much of the work is done by teams at Sony Imageworks, which is a CG special effects company like ILM. In my opnion, Sony Pictures Animation is more like a brand than an actual animation unit.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: May 27, 2012, 10:42:18 PM »
And it looked amazing, so what's the problem?

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: May 27, 2012, 10:56:11 PM »
And it looked amazing, so what's the problem?

How was the story of Surfs Up?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: May 28, 2012, 01:20:07 AM »
Considering it was made for children, I'd say it was pretty decent.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: May 28, 2012, 03:22:17 PM »
MIB3. Exactly what i hoped from the movie. The right balance between sci-fi and comedy (and TLJ's straight-faced humour).

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: May 31, 2012, 04:30:13 PM »
MIB3. Exactly what i hoped from the movie. The right balance between sci-fi and comedy (and TLJ's straight-faced humour).

Was it better than MIB2? That was a horrible movie.

My girlfriend and I just saw Battleship a few days ago. It was pretty good, but good God that Rhianna chick can't act.

The dialogue was full of cheesy lines and there was hardly any decent character interaction. The plot was, of course, nonsensical. The special effects were amazing, and I liked the grid-based battle that paid homage to the board game.

My score: 7/10

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: May 31, 2012, 04:38:43 PM »
MiB3 is better than MiB2.  It obviously had less of a budget and really is a Will Smith solo act.  Not as good as MiB and the Cartoon Series though.  Sort of wish the either bring back the cartoon or make a TV series.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.