Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1553332 times)

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #2025 on: February 08, 2011, 03:01:28 PM »
LOL. All I had to do was walk over to my movies and take a look at what they were...

I wouldn't admit to owning those...
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #2026 on: February 08, 2011, 04:00:24 PM »
We all have our guilty pleasures... :p

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: February 08, 2011, 04:10:51 PM »
wow W.S. Anderson scored Milla?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: February 08, 2011, 04:16:59 PM »
wow W.S. Anderson scored Milla?
Have you seen her in Stone....?

that is no score. more like a penalty.

That movie ruined her for me (not that I was a big fan to begin with), just like that Hilary Swank movie where she played a girl pretending to be a guy has ruined Hilary Swank in my eyes forever (not that I was ever a fan of hers either, but now everytime I see her, she looks like a guy).

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: February 08, 2011, 04:43:48 PM »
 Hilary Swank has always looked like a guy. There is no escaping it.

Milla on the other hand is more like a werewolf. There are just some days she just doesn't look good. It's usually when she loses too much weight and starts doing skeleton impressions in tight leather or wearing light leather/plastic in general. I swear she never looks good in that kind of get up.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: February 08, 2011, 06:32:51 PM »
She looked good in The Fifth Element.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: February 08, 2011, 06:41:10 PM »
Monsters - ....../10

*Spoilers Ahead - but really who cares, you're not gonna watch this movie*
Did I really just sit through this entire movie? I seriously can't figure out why. It's a movie that started production sometime after Cloverfield became a hit.
Aliens have crashed onto Earth occupying the northern parts of Mexico which are now called the Infected Zone. 1.5~2hrs of build up to get a good look at these aliens all for an alien mating scene in the last 2 minutes where you still don't get all that good a look at them. From what I can tell it looks like these aliens are 200ft Giant Octopuses that swim through the air like earth octopus swim in the oceans. But at the same time you can hear them walking even though you can't really make out if they have legs, so maybe they are like giant elephant bodied octopus headed aliens that only appear to be swimming in the air. and their tentacles can maybe either sense light and/or watch TV, but they can definitely hear and definitely communicate with light and touch.

This movie was a waste of my time. While it wasn't horrible, it just had little point and no pay off.

Monsters is a very misleading title. It's not a monster flick at all, it's a love story. The "monsters" were more of a backdrop than a focus point. I really liked it, the dialogue and chemistry between the main characters was very believable, despite Andrew seeming like a dick throughout most the movie. I was even sort of hoping you didn't get to see any "monsters" at all, but the last part was pretty great so I'm glad it was included.

The movie also made more impressive considering how of an effort Gareth Edwards undertook by himself. Wrote, directed, edited and did the CGI all by himself. Pretty fanstastic stuff.

8.8/10
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: February 08, 2011, 06:41:40 PM »
Yeah, Hilary Swank has always been fugly, which is why she was picked to play Amelia Earhart.

For me, Boys Don't Cry (had to look that up) where she played a boy made me respect her as actress because she did a phenomenal job in that role, as did Chloe Sevigny alongside her. That was alsoa great movie because was based on a true story.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: February 08, 2011, 06:44:44 PM »
Monsters - ....../10

Did I really just sit through this entire movie? I seriously can't figure out why. It's a movie that started production sometime after Cloverfield became a hit.
Aliens have crashed onto Earth occupying the northern parts of Mexico which are now called the Infected Zone. 1.5~2hrs of build up to get a good look at these aliens all for an alien mating scene in the last 2 minutes where you still don't get all that good a look at them. From what I can tell it looks like these aliens are 200ft Giant Octopuses that swim through the air like earth octopus swim in the oceans. But at the same time you can hear them walking even though you can't really make out if they have legs, so maybe they are like giant elephant bodied octopus headed aliens that only appear to be swimming in the air. and their tentacles can maybe either sense light and/or watch TV, but they can definitely hear and definitely communicate with light and touch.

This movie was a waste of my time. While it wasn't horrible, it just had little point and no pay off.

Monsters is a very misleading title. It's not a monster flick at all, it's a love story. The "monsters" were more of a backdrop than a focus point. I really liked it, the dialogue and chemistry between the main characters was very believable, despite Andrew seeming like a dick throughout most the movie. I was even sort of hoping you didn't get to see any "monsters" at all, but the last part was pretty great so I'm glad it was included.

The movie also made more impressive considering how of an effort Gareth Edwards undertook by himself. Wrote, directed, edited and did the CGI all by himself. Pretty fanstastic stuff.

8.8/10

Love story my ass. It was just some dude trying to get some and some girl who had reservations about getting married. I've been there and done that. There is nothing "romantic" about it.

I came to see at least an explanation of the monsters. Especially, why they fed on electricity or light.

It wasn't a bad movie, per se, just a movie that ended without any real need to. There wasn't a climax.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: February 09, 2011, 04:59:04 AM »
i'd tap hilary swank. Sometimes she comes off boyish, other times she's extra tappable.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: February 09, 2011, 05:25:47 AM »
Speaking of boyish, I just seen a recent bikini pic of Cameron Diaz..... I didn't think it was possible to be less attracted to her than I was before.

http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jj1/2011/02/diaz-bikini/cameron-diaz-alex-rodriguez-bikini-shirtless-01.jpg
She might as well take off the top and stuff it in her bottoms, because at this point I don't think we wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 12:20:00 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: February 10, 2011, 07:19:50 AM »
Monsters - ....../10

8.8/10

Love story my ass. It was just some dude trying to get some and some girl who had reservations about getting married. I've been there and done that. There is nothing "romantic" about it.

I came to see at least an explanation of the monsters. Especially, why they fed on electricity or light.

It wasn't a bad movie, per se, just a movie that ended without any real need to. There wasn't a climax.

That's a pretty cynical view to have, especially seeing as how many "romantic" films can be boiled down to something very similar to how you described. Also I guess the difference to me was that it felt more realistic between the two. I guess it helped that they were a real-life couple and that just about everything was ad-libbed.

I also saw The Fighter last week. Coming from a country that's not really pre-occupied with boxing at all, it's surprising how much I seem to enjoy boxing films. Rocky(s), Ali, Million Dollar Baby, Raging Bull, Cinderella Man etc. The Fighter is no exception.

Great acting (Bale was especially great), great story (despite not knowing any of the story behind I not sure how much was creative liberties) and great action (the fights really looked pretty realistic). I dunno, I guess I like under-dog stories and I came out of The Fighter pumped up (which sucked because I had to go straight to sleep in order to get up early for work.)

8.5/10

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: February 10, 2011, 10:41:02 AM »
I've only ever seen the first Rocky all the way through and that's because imo it isn't really a boxing movie. There's one or two(?) boxing matches, and the rest of the movie is about him trying to win over Adrian. It's a love story under the guise of a boxing one, can't say anything about the other films, but that turned me off from the rest of the series. Oh, and it was only last year that I saw the first Rocky. I had avoided them over the years thinking that their overwhelming popularity would mean that I wouldn't like them, and it turned out I was right.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: February 10, 2011, 11:23:27 AM »
Dasmos: Sure it's cynical, but let's not forget he wouldn't have been there if he didn't have to.

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: February 10, 2011, 04:46:07 PM »
I've only ever seen the first Rocky all the way through and that's because imo it isn't really a boxing movie. There's one or two(?) boxing matches, and the rest of the movie is about him trying to win over Adrian. It's a love story under the guise of a boxing one, can't say anything about the other films, but that turned me off from the rest of the series. Oh, and it was only last year that I saw the first Rocky. I had avoided them over the years thinking that their overwhelming popularity would mean that I wouldn't like them, and it turned out I was right.

The Rocky films get steadily more campy and less serious as they go along, and essentially turn into a different beast altogether. It peaks at Rocky IV, which is probably my favourite, just because how many montages and matching 80's power rock anthems they seem to cram into a 90 minute movie. Also Rocky basically singlehandedly brings down communism.

Dasmos: Sure it's cynical, but let's not forget he wouldn't have been there if he didn't have to.

So you don't like the plot device that brings them together?

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: February 10, 2011, 05:38:29 PM »
Her father trusting some employee to bring her home was completely unrealistic. No father, however busy, would trust someone who he threw in the lion's den to bring his daughter back to him. That was beyond unbelievable. Then you have their motives to want to be together post-smashing develop abruptly. When she finds another girl in his apartment and runs away pissed, my first thought was "Why does she even care? She's engaged and turned him down already. This bitch is crazy." Lo and behold another plot device arises from the completely bullshit situation, making them travel through the infected zone all at the cost of her engagement ring. No girl could ever find you attractive after that. There's no way.

Then you got these monsters which you never see even though the movie is called MONSTERS. And when you do see them they look more majestic then life threatening. They also seem easy to fool. So in fact, they aren't scary at all. Despite them killing people, I never felt like I would be endangered. Hell, as a journalist, he should have been popping off photos like crazy. The only time you actually see them at all is when two of them decide to bone, which for some reason these two find fascinating like "Why haven't we done that yet?" It completely came out of nowhere and was almost facepalm worthy for how terrible the symbolism was.

Then the end has this chick whining about how she doesn't want to go home. Why the **** not? You just went through some traumatic ****. Don't you want to shower? Don't you want a decent meal? Don't you want the love of your soon to be husband? The **** is wrong with you?

The only person I found to actually portray a real person was the guy that took her engagement ring. That's it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 05:41:47 PM by The Unagi »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: February 10, 2011, 06:08:33 PM »
yep. I agree with that.

waste of time.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: February 12, 2011, 04:23:42 PM »

The Rocky films get steadily more campy and less serious as they go along, and essentially turn into a different beast altogether. It peaks at Rocky IV, which is probably my favourite, just because how many montages and matching 80's power rock anthems they seem to cram into a 90 minute movie. Also Rocky basically singlehandedly brings down communism.

ROBOT BUTLER ROFFLMFAO

Aaaanyway..

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Film) - 8/10

I wen't into this thinking, after not seeing it in so many years, I'd get to laugh at how bad it is with my cousins. I was pleasantly surprised. Sure it was cornier than I remember, but there were plenty of laughs in there that still got to me after all these years.

Oh and the fact that it has Hilliary Swank, Ben Affleck, and (I can't believe I didn't know after all these years) Paul Fucking Reubens gives it some bonus points. On a side note, I had to wikipedia Kristy Swanson to see what else she was in that I might of seen, cuz she was looking good in this, and it wasn't much. Shame.

Child's Play: 8/10

Again, another movie I haven't seen in a decade or so and held up much better than I thought. Too bad Netflix didn't have the sequels on instant play, I don't feel like waiting for the dvds..
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 04:33:10 PM by EasyCure »
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: February 12, 2011, 06:17:20 PM »
Machete
It was okay, not Robert Rodriguez's best by a long shot.  I remember someone here saying that this was the movie I was looking for if I wanted pure screen mayhem after my disappointment with The Expendables. Yes and no. It was more absurd than The Expendables but still lacking. The first scene was the best one of the movie which was a shame. The last fight was a total let down. As hot as Jessica Alba is, she's still a terribly actress. I'm glad Danny Trejo finally got a starring role though. He's one of those "movie guys" who just pops up in tons of films for usually small or bit parts so it's nice to see him headlining a movie.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: February 12, 2011, 06:52:59 PM »
The A-Team is what you should watch to overcome the disappointment left behind by The Expendables.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: February 13, 2011, 11:00:57 AM »
I'm glad you brought that up, I've yet to see the A-team and I'd like a good popcorn flick.

Unlike Adrock, I absolutely adored Machete. Now, I don't know your ethnicity, Adrock, but maybe there were some cultural things that just didn't click with you? It was a predominately Hispanic audience when I went and everyone walked out satisfied. There were a handful of moments where I thought "man, I'm glad I know what that Mexican slang meant or else I would of missed the joke" so if you were in that boat, I can see how the movie could feel a little subpar. I felt this movie was supposed to me an even mix of comedy with RR's usual over the top violence. I really feel as if he set out on making a movie specifically for his people and said **** everyone else. You should of seen how empowered the Mexican portion of the audience looked upon leaving haha.

Then again, maybe you do get it and just didn't enjoy it, and thats cool. I thought it was 10/10 though and I can't believe I haven't picked up the dvd yet.

Taken 8/10 - Second viewing since originally release; just as good as the first time around, maybe better because I could get passed Liam's initial performance. I felt that the his character at the films start is a bit too.. hokey? I dunno, I just don't really see him as an overly sensitive father who would keep a scrap book of his daughter's life with a single photo per page.. It just didn't seem to fit. Don't get me wrong, it was awesome seeing him go from Mr. Sensitive to full on bad-ass, because it made the movie, but actually watching those initial scenes was just off putting.

Still on this second time around, it was forgivable because I knew what was to come, and I still felt that sense of intensity that came from him being a father stopping at nothing to get his daughter back, that **** was just real. I still couldn't believe it was just a pg13 movie because it felt way too intense for what I normally considered a scaled back movie, but that's just a testament to how good it is.

With that said though, I watched the unrated version last night and didn't notice anything different or extended from the original film. If I had the time to watch each version back to back, I would, so I felt only slightly disappointed by the end.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: February 13, 2011, 11:15:21 PM »
It had nothing to do with the Mexican-ness of the movie. In fact, I stated in my last post exactly why I thought the movie was merely okay. As an action movie, it's not that great. I tend to enjoy movies more based on my expectations of them. I thought the action scenes were generally weaker than what Robert Rodriguez has done before. They weren't terribly inventive. This is the same guy that gave Johnny Depp a fake 3rd arm and had him kill 2 guys.... without eyes.

Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut
I actually liked the theatrical cut for what it was. This version is significantly better because they reinserted very extremely minor things like character development, motives and exposition. Eva Green's character, Sybilla, actually made sense with her added scenes. Same with Liam Neeson's character, Godfrey, who was in the original for roughly 5 minutes. At the same time, the movie is now like 3 hours long. I won't be watching this again for a while.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: February 14, 2011, 04:22:28 AM »
There's a director's cut? A friend and I watched the original while studying and found it too disjointed and uninspiring. I'd be willing to check out the extended cut if it improves half of the confusing nonsense there was. Cut scenes would definitely explain why some things were never fully explained.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: February 14, 2011, 04:29:08 AM »
To Catch a Thief Alfred Hitchcock directs Cary Grant and Grace Kelly in the South of France. Grace Kelly is the most beautiful woman of all time. Four Stars

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: February 15, 2011, 04:45:30 AM »
The beginning of Taken is there to fill out and estabish Liam's character in a show, not tell fashion. Make space for character development. You can see the same thing even in the Rambo films. You just can't start with Paris getting exploded without something to start from.

The photo book is a nice easy, blunt symbol of his relationship with his daughter and who he is. Bryan is first and formost a protector who has a very particular set of skills that are worthless to any normal father or a normal person. He felt the only way he could help his daughter was to pay evil men visits at night, hence why he was always away. He even treats the singer he protects like his daughter during the time she is under his protection.

As for him being sensitive? Hell no. He is very good at extracting information and reading people, but he is very clinical with his family a massive blind spot because he is either unwilling or unable to connect since the human interactions with the greatest impact to him are all negative, dealing with the scum. So looking at his family is not too unlike looking at the sun.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?