Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1553134 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #1900 on: January 05, 2011, 10:45:46 AM »
Paper Heart: 8/10
Documentary with Charlyne(sp?) Yi

Correct on her name. I would just like to point out though that it is a romantic comedy designed like a documentary with Yi and Cera playing fictional versions of themselves (think of it like Jerry Seinfeld playing a character with the same name on his sitcom). I don't like Cera (he has never been funny to me), so I am reluctant to watch it.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: January 05, 2011, 11:34:55 AM »
think of it like Jerry Seinfeld playing a character with the same name on his sitcom

I just thought he did that because he wasn't very creative, and it got his name out there. :P
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1902 on: January 05, 2011, 11:43:30 AM »
There's a joke about Tony Danza not being able to remember to anything but his own name since he played characters named Tony on 3 different TV shows and a TV movie.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 11:49:46 AM by TJ Spyke »
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: January 05, 2011, 02:39:21 PM »
The Last Exorcism - Not what I expected, but interesting throughout anyway.

I expected a horror movie along the lines of the infamous The Exorcism, but what I got instead was a Documentary style setup of a Pastor who has lost his faith and sets out to show on camera how fake "exorcisms" really are. You see how he sets everything up and and performs his act of "Exorcising" the "demon" from the last exorcising case he plans on ever taking again. After he puts on his show though, things begin to happen that he wasn't expecting.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: January 05, 2011, 04:48:14 PM »
@TJ
Wait, what??
I was kind of not paying attention at points during the movie, but I didn't catch on to that at all.
Well done on their part I guess.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: January 05, 2011, 05:19:39 PM »
I'm afraid I don't ever remember hearing about it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1320291/

Make sure you have a broad with you.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1906 on: January 05, 2011, 07:14:28 PM »
@TJ
Wait, what??
I was kind of not paying attention at points during the movie, but I didn't catch on to that at all.
Well done on their part I guess.

It's a blend of reality and fantasy. My guess is that the interviews are real and the romance was fantasy. Borat was an over the top similarity where the people Cohen interacted with were real.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: January 05, 2011, 11:29:07 PM »
Black Swan - whoa
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: January 06, 2011, 12:13:05 AM »
The Fifth Element - HowDidThisPassThroughProduction/10

Not a good movie. It tried too hard to be Sci-Fi. Actually, it felt like a 'SyFy' movie but with better acting and special effects. The art style was just terrible. Too much orange and bright colors. The people who created the art and vibe are like those parents who try to be hip and cool by dressing and talking like their kids but it's awkward for everyone present due to how terrible it is.

The plot made little sense to me and was filled with more plot holes than swiss cheese. No one seemed to have enough motivation for anything and most of the characters -especially Tucker- were very annoying. Chris Tucker's character was unnecessary. Plus the whole 'moral of the story' akin to The Abyss with the man-is-too-destructive-too-save routine was *ROLLSEYES* to the extreme. It took me several days to go through because I got tired of it but hate leaving movies unfinished. And the whole 'I love you' part just fell flat as the characters had not grabbed on to me and I couldn't believe anything remotely close to love was in the air.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 03:26:31 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: January 06, 2011, 02:33:59 AM »
But I can honestly say it is the ONLY piece of Australian cinema that I have ever completely watched enjoyed. 

Animal Kingdom was by far the best film I saw in 2010, and that's Australian. I would reccommend that highly.

[smite]'d
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1910 on: January 06, 2011, 04:12:15 AM »
Black Swan - 9/10

Ballerina goes insane. Hot lezbo scene. Ballet. All around very well done.

The King's Speech - 9/10

King can't speek. Guy helps with unorthidox methods. English accents. Dry, subtle humour. Also, some of the regular kind.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: January 07, 2011, 12:30:20 AM »
Adam
Starring Hugh Dancy and Rose Byrne (still trying to figure out a way to marry her, not currently succeeding). I liked it, excellent acting all around, and had a fitting ending even if it's probably not really what most people would have wanted. The movie didn't reach me as much as (500) Days of Summer did, but that's not really any reason to fault a movie. It was super-depressing 95% of the time. Take THAT, lonely people with Asperger's Syndrome. You'll never find true love. Alright, going to cut my wrists now. BRB.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #1912 on: January 07, 2011, 02:05:57 AM »
Every movie my housemate's boyfriend has subjected to us
0/5
THis arsehole has no brains or taste.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: January 07, 2011, 03:53:16 AM »
@Dasmos
Smite at the meme or the movie attacked by it.

The Fifth Element is not a movie to be taken completely serious. It is supposed to be over the top sillyness like Chris Tucker's absurd character, which he did a great job playing because of its intentional absurdity. It's a comedy with a serious ending. Just like Observe and Report, and Kick-Ass to a certain degree.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #1914 on: January 07, 2011, 06:12:45 AM »
Tomorrow When the War Began.  7/10.

I don't know if this movie came outside Australia.  But I can honestly say it is the ONLY piece of Australian cinema that I have ever completely watched enjoyed.  While I didn't think it was Oscar worthy or anything like that, it was an enjoyable way to spend 2 hrs.  Hopefully they continue with the rest of the series.
YOU UNPATRIOTIC COW!

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: January 07, 2011, 02:42:48 PM »

Seriously?! Despite the obvious influence that the first Heavy Metal film had on it, the Fifth Element is ridiculously entertaining.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: January 07, 2011, 04:02:43 PM »
im not a fan of 5th element either, its just an artistic mess, but I like a few OTHER artistic mess movies myself

anyways today I watched
Raising Arizona 9/10, still a great movie. Reminds me why I should make a dash to the theatres to watch true grit.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: January 07, 2011, 06:40:22 PM »

I don't know if this movie came outside Australia.  But I can honestly say it is the ONLY piece of Australian cinema that I have ever completely watched enjoyed.  While I didn't think it was Oscar worthy or anything like that, it was an enjoyable way to spend 2 hrs.  Hopefully they continue with the rest of the series.
YOU UNPATRIOTIC COW!

lol.  Are saying that because it's an Australian movie, or because you like other Australian movies/tv?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: January 07, 2011, 07:04:02 PM »
I remember not hating it back when it first came out. But now I just can't stand it. My tastes in Sci-Fi have certainly changed over the years.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: January 08, 2011, 12:37:44 AM »
Showdown in Little Tokyo
This is both one of the best and worst movies I've ever seen. It fails even as a simple early 90s action film (using that term lightly here), but it's pure comedy gold, mostly because you can't be this funny on purpose. The movie just kept topping itself. Bad acting? Check. Corny dialogue? Check. Terribly choreographed fight scenes? Check. Pointless nudity? Check. Red Shirts randomly shooting into the air instead of at or around someone? Check. Bath house fight scene in sumo thongs? Check. Japanese dudes eating sushi off of bare vaginas? Check. Tatsu from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie? Check! Unnecessarily elaborate death scene for the villain (played by Shang Tsung, Cary Tagawa)? Double Check! There was just so much going on and it's only like 70 minutes long. And seriously, this has one of the best lines ever uttered in an action movie:

Kenner, just incase we get killed, I wanted to tell you that you have the biggest dick I've ever seen on a man.

And all Dolph Lundgren does is nod and say, "Thanks." Can I buy this on Blu-Ray? PLEASE!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: January 08, 2011, 01:16:43 AM »
lol i give your description of the movie a 9/10 adrock
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: January 08, 2011, 02:14:14 AM »
I agree and added to the Netflix IW list.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #1922 on: January 08, 2011, 02:44:42 AM »

YOU UNPATRIOTIC COW!

lol.  Are saying that because it's an Australian movie, or because you like other Australian movies/tv?
Because you're an Australian who hates Australian movies. Unless said Australian movie involves Australia being invaded.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: January 08, 2011, 06:46:14 AM »
I don't hate Australian movies because they are Australian.  It's because 99% of them are junk imo.  The acting suck and everything looks so forced.  I will be the first in line to see an Aussie movie if it's good.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: January 08, 2011, 01:48:13 PM »
Because of the recommendation by Dasmos, I watched Animal Kingdom.

I'd give it a Meh/10

The pacing was so slow. I know the director was trying to build tension, but it didn't work. There was only one real part that had me on the edge of my seat, but it was resolved so quickly and meaninglessly.
black fairy tales are better at sports