Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1553208 times)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #1450 on: August 06, 2010, 01:56:45 AM »
Read the Wikipedia article. The whole thing. Not gonna see it. Not sober, anyway.

Oh man, you got me curious. But I'm a bit afraid to even read about it.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: August 06, 2010, 03:20:47 AM »
Book of Eli  8/10

that was pretty badassed
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1452 on: August 06, 2010, 01:28:54 PM »
Get Him to the Greek: Look, it's Chief O'Brian!/10

Great, hilarious movie with a good emotional core. Peggy from "Mad Men" is in it, and she can look pretty cute when she wants to. Rose Byrn is also in it, so there's that. Also, it's hilarious!
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #1453 on: August 14, 2010, 01:59:37 AM »
Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World

EleventybajillionGILLION Out of 10

I don't even need to say anything in a review to justify why you should go see this movie.  Seriously.  GO SEE IT NOW.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1454 on: August 14, 2010, 08:41:20 PM »
Up in the Air: 4/5

Great movie, George Clooney still is a great actor. His job in the movie seems really depressing, I don't think I could do it (especially after what that one woman does that causes Natalie to quit).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Armak88

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: August 15, 2010, 12:10:20 AM »

I don't even need to say anything in a review to justify why you should go see this movie.  Seriously.  GO SEE IT NOW.

Did you ever read the manga? I got turned onto it because a friend of mine played in a band with the sister of the guy who wrote it. The name of their band was even on some posters and stuff in the manga. I'm worried about seeing it because I'm not really a michael sera fan, but I'll give it a chance because I enjoyed the books.
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

Offline draggingalake

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Pokemon Podcast
« Reply #1456 on: August 17, 2010, 01:44:26 AM »
Who saw it, and what did you think?!?
Check out the Pokémon Podcast! Visit www.pokemonpodcast.com for more info. Rate us in iTunes!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World
« Reply #1457 on: August 17, 2010, 02:54:58 AM »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1458 on: August 17, 2010, 02:37:26 PM »
Up in the Air: 4/5

Great movie, George Clooney still is a great actor. His job in the movie seems really depressing, I don't think I could do it (especially after what that one woman does that causes Natalie to quit).

Saw this in theaters when it first came out. I really liked it, and it ends in a way I didn't expect. Also, Natalie is ADORABLE.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1459 on: August 17, 2010, 07:29:54 PM »
I like listening to audio commentaries (most movie ones suck though), the director explained that Clooney's character did what he did because he started to basically see himself as a father figure to Natalie.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1460 on: August 17, 2010, 08:08:38 PM »
You can see that, too, in his performance. Really just a bang-up job from everybody in that movie.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: August 18, 2010, 12:50:04 PM »

Did you ever read the manga? I got turned onto it because a friend of mine played in a band with the sister of the guy who wrote it. The name of their band was even on some posters and stuff in the manga. I'm worried about seeing it because I'm not really a michael sera fan, but I'll give it a chance because I enjoyed the books.

lol manga

yeah, the graphic novel's great, movie's great and the game's great.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1462 on: August 25, 2010, 07:49:11 PM »
Batman: Gotham Knight: 2.5/5

I was extremely disappointed with it. Only a couple of the stories were any good, and the animation quality varied from story to story (the first was especially poor, half the time the characters mouths didn't even move when they talked).

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: August 25, 2010, 07:54:49 PM »
Batman: Gotham Knight: 2.5/5

I was extremely disappointed with it. Only a couple of the stories were any good, and the animation quality varied from story to story (the first was especially poor, half the time the characters mouths didn't even move when they talked).

Each of the stories were animated by a different Japanese studio, aside from a couple where the studios doubled-up.  That first short was created by Studio 4C, a production studio whose animation style I've never cared for.  As for the movie itself, yeah I didn't like it either.  What little plot the overall story had was very poorly told, though at least the final short with the battle against Deadshot was pretty cool.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: August 25, 2010, 10:32:28 PM »
In preparation for my exams I went on a movie watching spree. Under scrutiny you can see the recommendation path that Netflix streaming lead me along.

Terminator 2: 3/5

Die Hard: 5/5

Die Hard 2: 3/5

Die Hard 3: 4/5

Heat: 5/5

Dirty Harry: 4/5

The last is per RFN recommendation:

The Big Lebowski: 4/5

Bless you, my child.
Please turn the power OFF.

And Jonny, you don't ride the giant Cheep-Cheep

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: August 25, 2010, 10:37:34 PM »
Terminator 2: 3/5

Ok, I have to ask: why the average score for that movie and was that your first time seeing it?  To me, that's quite possibly the most perfect Action movie I've ever seen.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: August 26, 2010, 12:09:22 AM »
Yeah under no circumstances should Terminator 2 get less than 6/5.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: August 26, 2010, 12:42:51 AM »
Chalk it up to taste. Edward Furlong as John Connor really annoyed me in this movie, and I found most of the action sequences when fighting the T-1000 to be frustrating.

It felt like they just had the T-1000 behave however it chose physically and explained it away with "science." Not like I expect them to fully explain something obviously out of our reach technologically- I do enjoy Star Trek- I just like things with rules.

Lame reasons to not like like the movie a full 6/5? Yes, but they are my reasons.
Bless you, my child.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: August 26, 2010, 12:48:11 AM »
In preparation for my exams I went on a movie watching spree. Under scrutiny you can see the recommendation path that Netflix streaming lead me along.

Netflix gives you recommendations? I haven't gotten a recommendation from Netflix in about 2 years.
It could be that I've seen just about everything over the last 5 years, but there should still be something that they can recommend me.

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: August 26, 2010, 12:50:04 AM »

Netflix gives you recommendations? I haven't gotten a recommendation from Netflix in about 2 years.
It could be that I've seen just about everything over the last 5 years, but there should still be something that they can recommend me.

Usually there is a category under each section titled "Recommended for You."
Bless you, my child.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1470 on: August 26, 2010, 01:19:39 PM »
FYI, Labowoski gets better and better over multiple viewings.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: August 26, 2010, 01:36:13 PM »
It felt like they just had the T-1000 behave however it chose physically and explained it away with "science." Not like I expect them to fully explain something obviously out of our reach technologically- I do enjoy Star Trek- I just like things with rules.

I thought they explained the T-1000's limits very clearly: it can transform into any object of equal mass and simple structure (which is why it can form simple objects like knives but not complex objects like guns), and it can only take on the likeness of creatures or people it samples first by touch.  Given those limits, I thought they handled the fight scenes with the T-1000 particularly well, especially the big fight scene at the end where Arnold throws him into a wall and he just morphs so he's facing away from the wall.  The only goofy thing with it is something that Cameron openly admits to putting in just because he wanted it, and that's the scene at the end where the T-1000 does something very un-computer-like and wags its finger at Sarah to taunt her.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: August 26, 2010, 02:05:21 PM »
Die Hard: 5/5
Die Hard 2: 3/5
Die Hard 3: 4/5

Why no Die Hard 4?  It's surprisingly totally sweet.

Yeah under no circumstances should Terminator 2 get less than 6/5.

Have you seen the director's cut?  It deserves less than a 6/5.  The dream scene with Sarah and Reece OMG SO BAD.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: August 26, 2010, 03:24:34 PM »
Matinee: 4/5

I really like John Goodman and B horror movies, so it was not a surprise that I enjoyed this movie.
I put all the movies from the first episode of BOP on my Netflix queue, and this was on Instant Watch. Might get around to watching The Book of Eli later tonight, it came in the mail yesterday.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: August 27, 2010, 01:57:04 AM »
FYI, Labowoski gets better and better over multiple viewings.

I can imagine so, I cracked up when I realized how Lebowski's "dream" reflected what was actually happening to him during the rug scene.
Bless you, my child.