Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1553240 times)

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #5125 on: February 11, 2016, 01:19:33 PM »
Khush, I agree with much of what you stated about the movies discussed above. I also disagree with much of what you stated. I can do both because you stated so much. Classic Khush wall-o-text. Glorious, really.

I will say that I hope Snoke actually turns out to be really small in person. Like the size of an action figure, like he could fit in your hand. That would be funny. It'd be an Airplane! gag stuffed into Star Wars.

Some other random observations:
- I like POTC 3 for the Pirate's Council and the aspects of more "foreign" pirates that it brings (like Chinese pirates! Excellent!). I also like the swordfights over the whirlpool and all that crazy action near the end. Giant Tia Dalma/Calypso is stupid, as is the land-of-the-dead Jack Sparrow rescue bit. But sometimes, I like stupid just as much as awesome (see: Attack of the Clones). I also was satisfied with the endings of "major" characters in POTC 3.

- I love the ending of SW 7 so much. I wanted more. But that's the point, it left you wanting more. I actually like the new characters much more than the old in SW 7. Rey in particular is fantastic and I love the direction they took with the villain. I see people complaining that he is not scary (or not as scary as Darth Vader), that he is just a petulant child. Indeed he is and that's the point. He is not a controlled, classically eeeevilll villain, he is an out-of-control, messed-up teenager type with enormous power. He is like a school shooter. To me, he is terrifying.

- Totally agree about the '61 Oscars. Either film is miles above WSS. The Hustler is pretty damn great. Reminds me, I haven't seen The Color Of Money. Gotta get on that.

Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5126 on: February 11, 2016, 07:26:39 PM »
Seen Deadpool yet Khush? Great character bad plot.
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: February 12, 2016, 02:53:40 AM »
Seen Deadpool yet Khush? Great character bad plot.

I have not. It hasn't even opened in theatres yet. I'm undecided on whether I want to see it or not. Right now, my first choice of movies I'd go see in theatres is Hail, Caesar by the Coen brothers. I've got so many movies to watch on my DVR and from the library anyways so I'm not hurting for movies to watch.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5128 on: February 12, 2016, 04:00:59 AM »
wait its been out in oz for 4 days now wtf?
Made you look ****.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5129 on: February 12, 2016, 09:28:08 AM »
Not in the US.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

« Reply #5130 on: February 12, 2016, 09:47:50 AM »
Well following my viewing of Pulp Fiction I thought I would dare try to give some other Tarantino flicks a try. I had seen bits and pieces of Kill Bill over the years and thought I would go a head and give it a try on Netflix last night. Yeah I barely got thirty minutes into that piece of **** before I had to turn it off, rate it 1 star and launch some Night At the Roxbury.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5131 on: February 12, 2016, 03:57:54 PM »
Yeah, I take it Art isn't really your thing.

Side note: Kill Bill is overrated.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: February 12, 2016, 05:00:10 PM »
Deadpool - Ryan Reynolds can do charming in his sleep. He's having a LOT of fun making this and the digs at wolverine and how the other xmen cast don't appear because "the studio can't afford them" really help put it into that universe but split it into its own little thing.

It's not taking itself at all seriously and that works very well for it.

Also, stay right to the very very end.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: February 12, 2016, 08:14:22 PM »
We all knew Ryan Reynolds was perfect for this role ever since we first noticed him in Van Wilder. Whoever thought he'd make a good green lantern was an idiot. He's not a deep character actor. His movie Buried would have been much better with Tom Hardy. Actually Tom Hardy made pretty much the exact same movie and it was really good.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: February 13, 2016, 04:12:49 AM »
Yeah, I take it Art isn't really your thing.

Side note: Kill Bill is overrated.
Dude LOVES All the Transformers movies and will defend it to the death. So yeah, Art isn't his thing.

Side Note: Agreed.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5135 on: February 13, 2016, 05:26:30 AM »
holy ****, Deadpool OMFG haven't laughed this much in a movie for a long,long time!
See it it is so worth it.
Those credits at the start will kill you straight away!
Made you look ****.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: February 13, 2016, 05:43:43 AM »
Re: Deadpool

I haven't seen it yet, due to being on a plane almost all day today, but I've been hyping this movie since the script leaked however many years ago that was.

and it's not everyday that you come across a character, and there just happens to be this current actor that was apparently born for the role. RR was such an actor and Deadpool was his role.

Just as Patrick Stewart was Prof X,
Wesley Snipes was Blade
RDJ is Tony Stark
SLJ is Black Nick Fury
JK Simmons is J. Jonah Jameson
and I'm sure you all could come up with several other perfect matches where you just knew it was meant to be the moment the character opportunity came up.

surprisingly the list above is all Marvel Characters.... but i'm sure DC will land that soul match eventually.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: February 13, 2016, 09:00:46 PM »
Liam Neeessoonsss = Ras Al Ghul

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: February 14, 2016, 01:47:41 AM »
Deadpool - 8.5/10

Go see it. Honestly the story isn't fantastic, but it isn't bad by any means. However, the dialog is god damn hilarious. Like others have said, Ryan Reynolds was born to play this role. As Lucariofan99 said, even the opening credits are hilarious. There is a lot of blood, a lot of bad language, a lot of nudity, a lot of references to other films (Marvel and DC), and tons of jokes. There is a decent amount of fourth wall-breaking even one piece of 16th wall-breaking but it doesn't ruin the movie like I thought it would. The only thing is, they just can't do it if they put Deadpool in an X-Men movie, but it works when they put X-Men in a Deadpool movie. Anyhow, the post-credits scene must have been put in right before the theatrical release (it was not in the early screenings), because Deadpool confirms the sequel will have Cable in it. Go see it. It lives up to the hype.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 01:49:34 AM by Brandogg »
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: February 14, 2016, 02:21:52 PM »
I swear I came in here yesterday and posted my quick review for Deadpool.

conclusion - Best Superanti-hero / comicbook movie of the year so far ;) :thumbsup;

Morena Baccarin is absolutely gorgeous in this BTW.
Action was good. Sex Scene was great (lol), Gore was not excessive, Humor was hit or miss.. but was also on rapid fire, so even if you didn't like this one, next one might be for you. Nudity wasn't too gratuitous (why are there families bringing their 2, 4 & 7 year old kids to this movie?) Violence was not overdone, and conversations with the audience (4th wall breaking) were never out of place and did not pull you out of the movie.

edit: oh and this was the version of Colossus we should have gotten in the X-Men films.
Negasonic was also cool.

and some may not have gotten it, but the end credits are a homage as well:
spoiler? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRJ38y4Jn6k

Looking forward to the sequel w/ Cable.
and the potential X-Force movie as well.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 02:25:20 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: February 14, 2016, 04:32:18 PM »
CGI wasn't good enough in the original X-Men trilogy to give us this Colossus.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

« Reply #5141 on: February 14, 2016, 05:21:55 PM »
Watched Full Metal Jacket last night on the Netflix.

It was a lot better than I expected it to be. There were moments where I felt the direction the film was going in was unsure of itself but it came together in the end.

I gave Mortdecai a try, couldn't get into it not sure if it was the british "humour" or the pacing but I couldn't sit through that.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5142 on: February 14, 2016, 06:25:45 PM »
No bad Michael!
We're talking about Deadpool!
Made you look ****.

« Reply #5143 on: February 14, 2016, 07:24:18 PM »
Then create a new thread this is about movies people have seen, I haven't seen  Deadpool and I don't plan on seeing it either.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5144 on: February 14, 2016, 11:04:43 PM »
Deadpool is an amazing funny as movie, or does it not have enough explosions for you?
Made you look ****.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5145 on: February 14, 2016, 11:48:12 PM »
Shots fired.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: February 14, 2016, 11:58:28 PM »
Happy International Women's Day!

The story was neither here or there, but the humour made up for it. Needed more gore. Much better than your average Marvel movie.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

« Reply #5147 on: February 15, 2016, 02:46:46 PM »
Deadpool is an amazing funny as movie, or does it not have enough explosions for you?

I like my action movies to have explosions sure, but I like my comedies to be a little goofy and I hated the Deadpool character from the comics, his last movie incarnation, the guy playing the character, so lame jab at my taste in films aside, I have no desire to see Deadpool. But despite the idiot I portray on this forum I promise you I am far more intelligent than you and probably one reason why you will never understand half of what I do.

But if dick and fart jokes are all it takes to make you giggle like a school girl then good for you ph@8.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: February 15, 2016, 03:38:51 PM »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: February 15, 2016, 05:03:33 PM »
So, you're judging the movie without watching it?  Wolverine Origins is not something to base your opinion of this Deadpool on.

Deadpool is a dark humor, more violent Ace Ventura. It really is the same type of humor, but the main difference is he can launch himself into harms way and he kills people and laughs at it.

Deadpool 8/10

and to echo BnM I hope they bring back JK Simmons for Spider-man. I kind of want him to be on screen and be re-intoduced and say "Well, who else did you expect?"

NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post