Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1553304 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #1725 on: November 13, 2010, 06:42:18 PM »
for Saw or Caterpillar man?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: November 13, 2010, 07:01:04 PM »
Oh snap, I was talking about Fantastic Mr. Fox.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: November 13, 2010, 07:51:03 PM »
Oh snap, I was talking about Fantastic Mr. Fox.

I thought he was talking about Fantastic Mr. Fox too since he didn't respond directly after the saw post and didn't quote it or anything.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1728 on: November 13, 2010, 10:34:05 PM »
Splice

Increasingly bizarre and messed up, but still great.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1729 on: November 15, 2010, 09:59:13 AM »
The Karate Kid (the real one, not the kung-fu remake), The Karate Kid Part II, The Karate Kid Part III. Really good movies, the first two are better IMO but even the third was good. For some reason it sticks out that Daniel had to pay $2.50 for his school lunch. I realize he was attending a rich kids school, but that is a damn expensive lunch.

Not really movies, but I saw the comedy specials Bill Engvall: Here's Your Sign, Bill Engvall: 15 Degrees Off Cool, and Bill Engvall: Aged & Confused. I think the guy is really funny.

Animaniacs: Wakko's Wish. I was a Animaniacs fan as a kid but never saw this direct to video movie. The Warner Brothers and Warner Sister go on a trek to touch a wishing star that will grant the wish of whoever touches it first, a secret that they blab and leads to everyone in the village going after it.

Batman: Under the Red Hood - One of the best animated DC Comics movies that is not part of the DC Animated Universe. It was pretty obvious to me who the Red Hood really was, although the real story was about Batman trying to make up for the past. I like John DiMaggio, but I don't think he did a good job as Joker. He just seemed dry and boring when he wasn't laughing, Mark Hamill really perfected how Joker should sound.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: November 16, 2010, 01:47:08 AM »
The Name of the Rose Medieval Sean Connery solves the murder of the creepy monks. three and half stars

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: November 16, 2010, 03:41:35 PM »
im betting those movies can use stop motion, nothing adds creepiness like unfluid jerky motion

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: November 16, 2010, 06:27:10 PM »
Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant  8/10, it was a pretty fresh take on vampires. Except the name Vampirenese sounds lame...go for nosferatu
like the connotation shift between Ninja and Shinobi. Also, a bit slow paced.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 06:29:26 PM by ThePerm »

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1733 on: November 17, 2010, 10:15:09 PM »
The Goods

Pretty good movie, very funny at times. Nice cameo from Will Ferrell.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: November 17, 2010, 10:51:42 PM »
That's the only part of that movie I've ever seen...and it was hilarious.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: November 18, 2010, 08:37:40 AM »
Skyline. I will provide my review in one word:

BULLSHIT

Good thing i watched this film on Orange Wednesday (2 cinema tickets for price of one on wednesdays) and i have an unlimited cinema card thus we didn't pay. I would be very pissed to have paid £10 for this.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: November 18, 2010, 12:45:39 PM »
The latest trailers for that movie made it seem like it was going to suck. "Battle: Los Angeles" looks to be way better.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: November 18, 2010, 03:36:35 PM »
The latest trailers for that movie made it seem like it was going to suck. "Battle: Los Angeles" looks to be way better.

I thought it seemed interesting and it might be good, right up until i found out the writers are the two that did the second Alien versus Predator. Then my interest DIED. I still went to see it because my friend wanted to, and because i can get in for free there was no loss to me. Except a few hours.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: November 18, 2010, 11:14:28 PM »
hehe, the same special effects studio for Skyline is making Battlefield: L.A

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: November 19, 2010, 01:04:55 PM »
I saw the new Harry Potter last night against my will. I don't know whats going on in the HP story line so I wasn't in to it at all and was actually falling asleep at some parts. There were some parts that were kinda funny and then there was one part that I suppose was sad, but since I'm not invested in the movies and don't really know the characters outside of the main 3 or 4, I didn't care about what had happened. Overall the movie seemed alright, but it was a bit boring at times... but I think they knew that because there was always a very very loud noise near the end of an extremely boring part of the movie. I also guess that it ended right when things were about to get exciting. And there is nothing after the credits, so if you get dragged to this movie, don't get forced to sit through the credit because there is nothing after them.

This is definitely a movie for fans and I was not one of them, so I'm not gonna assign a rating or anything.

But I had alot of fun making fun of all the Harry Potter geeks that started having a quiz-off back and forth. I did it quietly so that only my girl (who forced me to go) and the guy next to her (a HP fan but no where near the level of some of these other people) could hear. I wasn't trying to rain on their parade as I know they were all like minded people who have been anticipating that premiere, I just wanted to keep my self awake during the long ass wait for the movie to start.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: November 19, 2010, 03:04:05 PM »
haha who told you to sit through the credits? It's a two part movie, i wouldn't expect there to be a thing at the end. Your preview for the next movie was this movie. Really, only comedies and marvel movies have those segments at the end.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: November 19, 2010, 03:11:02 PM »
That's exactly what I told my girl, but she forced me to also sit through the damn credits.

I said " This is a 2 part movie, they don't need a teaser to hype you for a possible sequel because this movie isn't even over yet."
but did she listen? of course not, she actually got upset with me for not wanting to even watch the movie in the first place and constantly asking questions so that I could atleast know what was going on. She didn't seem to mind when I kept cracking jokes to keep myself entertained though.

and then as we were leaving the theater and she was mad that I was right again(as usual), I said "what were you expecting? Next time on Harry Potter... this ain't a TV show. The first movie is a teaser for the second."
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 03:15:16 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: November 19, 2010, 03:29:22 PM »
not to mention movies with lots of special effect have the most ridiculously long credits. Iron Man 2 credits were a chore, at least i knew there was going to be something at the end...was it worth it..not at all. I mean when they list the credits for the "tissue purchaser for the secondary lead cg hair artist" its worth total ridicule.

to fill you in on the plotline for the last 2 or so movies
Snape killed Dumbledoor because bitchass Malfoy didn't have the balls, Harry Potter started thinking about how he should bang Ron's Little Sister. Death Eaters pop up, they are a bunch of dicks, burnt down Ron's House if i remember correctly, Harry and some other Wizards found a justice league of Wizards called The order of the Phoenix, Serious Black gets killed by Queen Morgana from the Merlin tv movie..err i mean Bellatrix Lestrange.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1743 on: November 19, 2010, 05:29:20 PM »
Prince of Persia: Surprisingly good/10

Feels like an old-school adventure movie. Also, Gemma Whatshername is one of the most attractive people on the planet.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: November 19, 2010, 05:38:39 PM »
Predators

Not bad at all and definitely set up for a sequel. A few things didn't really make sense, but it was a decent action flick that even referenced the original.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: November 20, 2010, 11:39:38 AM »
Legion: 1.5/10
I give it a 1 for Adrianne Palicki, and a .5 for a few interesting characters, other than that it was the very definition of crap.

The Proposal: 7/10
Predictable RomCom ending, but the progression was a little surprising/not typical and it was very freaking funny.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: November 21, 2010, 04:21:01 AM »
The Last Airbender - WTF was this ****/10

I knew they already fucked this movie up before I saw it, but come the **** on M. Night. Written, Produced and Directed by is obviously too much work for you to handle. This movie lacked all the personality and charm that makes the cartoon good. All the little things that they decided they didn't have time for in the movie are what made the cartoon good. This was like the bastardized abridged version of something I liked and it made it rather painful to watch at times. They skip over everything to the point that you wonder "why should I care?". There is ZERO character development and very poor story telling. The acting in some parts were absolutely horrible too. The scene in the first Earth Tribe they went in "I have to tell you something!!!!!!" "OMG Aaang what is it!!!!" "I left before they taught me anything about being an Avatar!!!!!!!" "Why would you do that!!!!!"
did they really need that much excitement/shock/surprise in the delivery of those lines? it was completely misplaced and badly delivered.

Sokka was a throw away character since he didn't deliver on line of comedic relief, Aang showed no frustration with not being able to bend water, and they basically skipped over most of everything that would make you connect with any character. They even messed up Appa<sp?> as he wasn't grumpy or playful or anything really. They even failed to convincingly show the motivations behind Prince Zuko.

The one thing that could have saved some of the story telling in this movie is some sort of overlayed imagery of what the characters are doing while Katara does a voice over explaining it. Show Aang failing at water bending while Katara is improving. Show Appa licking Sokka as he's trying to feed him, show anything that gives anybody in the movie some damn character besides just hurrying along story that they just forcefully shove in your face up till the very end. Where was the hints of the secret crush Aang had on Katara, or the relationship building scenes between Sokka and the Princess of the N. Water Tribe? So much of this story is missing, that I don't know how Nikelodeon approved this movie to get made as written.

This was a big disappointment and they probably should have aimed at a 2+ hour movie to flush things out a bit because an extra 30 ir so minutes of character building would go a long way for this movie. Some better casting of just about everyone would help too. Katara was alright (except for that Earth Tribe scene) but Sokka was wrong, Aang could have been better and Uncle Iro surprisingly wasn't as far off as you would think at first glance, but where was my jolly old out of shape Uncle Iro from the cartoon. So many things with this movie went wrong and all of it was M. Night Shayamalan's fault. I seriously hope he is shunned from any future big studio movies that are not based on his own crappy concepts partially funded by himself. I was genuinely looking forward to this movie and he really let me down.

2.5/10
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 04:56:32 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1747 on: November 21, 2010, 05:51:56 PM »
Nightmare on Elm Street (the new one)

I...didn't...hate it. Didn't really feel like Nightmare on Elm Street to me. Too serious, Freddy didn't really look or sound like Freddy, and there was too much backstory. I eventually stopped caring.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: November 22, 2010, 06:08:51 AM »
A team.   Unparalleled awesomeness/10.

The movie was just made of stupidity, but damn they did it well.  As far as I'm concerned, the plane and tank falling scene is the best movie sequence of all time. I couldnt stop laughing.  And anything with liam neeson is always good.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1749 on: November 22, 2010, 10:28:32 AM »
Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Prices - I am not trying to say Walmart is great, but this was nothing more than a propaganda video from people who are against Walmart (for example, they talk about how small stores can't compete and close down, but ignore the hundreds of new jobs each one brings). Pretty much the opposite of what a documentary is supposed to be (which is unbiased).

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker - Great animated movie. The Joker is seemingly back and terrorizing Gotham City despite the fact that he would be in his 80s and that Bruce Wayne said Joker was dead. It turns out that after Joker and Harley Quinn turned Tim Drake (the 3rd Robin) into "Joker Jr." through weeks of electro-shocks and serum, Drake ends up shooting Joker instead of Batman. However, Joker had implanted a microchip in Drake that contained his DNA and over time he could control Drake more and more.

1984 - Yeah, maybe the book was better because I thought the movie was crap and boring. Also, what is up with Julia's bush? Are women in that time just not allowed to shave at all down there? Geez, you almost need a map to navigate there.

Alice in Wonderland (the Tim Burton version) - Much better than I anticipated. For those who don't know, it's more of a sequel to the original story. I question why so many of the women are mediocre looking (even Alice has a so-so face).

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure - After 25 years, it is still a good family comedy. Pee-Wee sets out for the Alamo in San Antonio, Texas after his iconic bike is stolen. Pee-Wee even helps a escaped criminal evade the police (although since this is Pee-Wee Herman, the guy's crime was cutting off that "Do Not Tear" label from a mattress).

Wes Craven's New Nightmare - Very meta movie, and done well. Not the most loved Nightmare movie, but I liked it and consider it worth watching.

Paranormal Activity - Zzzzzz, huh? Sorry, but how did this make so much money in theatres? I was bored out of my mind during the entire movie, by the end I was hoping a demon would kill both of them so the movie would just end.

Blue Collar Comedy Tour: The Movie - A combination of skits and stand-up from Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Larry the Cable Guy, and Ron White. Very funny.

Fritz the Cat - Almost no plot, obvious that it was just trying to push the limits to get a reaction. Unless you want to watch a bunch of cartoon animals smoking weed and having sex (although you never see the actual penetration), not worth watching. Maybe even a little racist in some parts.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20