Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei Coming to Wii?  (Read 1953 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Shin Megami Tensei Coming to Wii?
« on: September 01, 2006, 03:14:53 PM »
If lead designer Kazuma Kaneko has anything to say about it, there's a good possibility.

Without a doubt, the Shin Megami Tensei series is one of the strangest RPG franchises out there, where it's not uncommon at all for occult and demonic manifestations to show up for a cup of tea. And while it's been featured primarily on the PS2 lately, that doesn't mean that Wii gamers will be out of luck if they're looking to get their weird on.    

In a recent interview with Hardcore Gamer Monthly, the games' lead designer, Kazuma Kaneko talked all about the latest entry, Devil Summoner. When the subject of future entries came up, the following dialogue took place:    

HGM: So with Devil Summoner coming out this year and   Persona 3 on the way, what's next for the MegaTen series?    

Kaneko: Probably the next Devil Summoner title.    

HGM: What systems can fans expect to see MegaTen games on   in the future?    

Kaneko: Probably the PS3 and Wii. I would really love to bring   MegaTen to Wii.    

HGM: What would a Wii MegaTen game be like?    

Kaneko: Well, if you play Nocturne or Digital Devil   Saga, they're typical modern RPGs. You see your characters act from   a third-person view. But as you and your readers probably know, the   original MegaTen games used a completely different first-person   viewpoint. I would love to go back to basics with MegaTen on the   Wii and bring back the first-person perspective, while using the   controller to let players experience their environments directly.

That's straight from the horse's mouth, folks. Time will tell if anything will come out of it, so keep your browsers tuned to PGC for the latest happenings in this story.

I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Shin Megami Tensei Coming to Wii?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 09:54:01 PM »
He's working for Capcom, right? The company who said "cut your head off, Mikami, it's going on the PS2"?

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
RE:Shin Megami Tensei Coming to Wii?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 05:31:42 AM »
It's because of statements like :

I would love to go back to basics with MegaTen on the Wii and bring back the first-person perspective, while using the controller to let players experience their environments directly.
that ease my fears about Wii. Developers love the system, and that IMHO is more important than us loving the system, although both are necessary for it's success.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
RE:Shin Megami Tensei Coming to Wii?
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 08:29:09 AM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
He's working for Capcom, right? The company who said "cut your head off, Mikami, it's going on the PS2"?

Well, Shin Megami Tensei has some ties with Capcom (Dante appeared in Nocturne, I think), but the franchise belongs to Atlus.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 10:17:06 AM »
It's friggin ridiculous how Capcom plasters Dante into every game now.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 05:56:23 PM »

I would love to go back to basics with MegaTen on the Wii
Hahaha Megaton
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------