Author Topic: E3 2014 Predictions  (Read 8013 times)

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2014 Predictions
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2014, 02:39:27 PM »
Nintendo needs to blow it out of the water for this E3. If the actually do or don't is entirely up to them.

What will they focus on? Some cheap and easy Animal Crossing HD job dealing with NFC (you spend hours of your life to progress in that title and hours of your life making money to buy games- why not do away with the time consuming aspects and buy NFC costumes items and houses for your villagers?), maybe a WarioWare for 3DS. Nothing remarkable. I have given up hope that they have something they're holding back that will really generate interest- they seem too focused on "better safe than sorry" with the Wii U an they've honestly exhausted all interesting IPs for 3DS. The last time Nintendo really wowed me was with DKCR, Goldeneye and Golden Sun, but I don't see something so interesting happening this year, not with them in a risky situation like this.

I have dialed down my expectations for everything except Smash, which I see having one or two more character reveals. Everything else I refuse to be interested in- even NFC.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2014, 04:04:44 PM »
My expectation in that regard is that Nintendo probably doesn't have anything that will initially be more than a curiosity when they announce it at the start but there other events will grow it more for me.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Taffypool

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2014, 09:09:56 AM »
Crazy predictions for Wii U:

Kid Icarus for the Wii U: a return to its platforming origins, KI:U is a kind of vertical 3-D platformer where Pit must traverse soaring towers and foreboding, uh, pits. Some puzzling/strategy is involved to reach new sections and he'll often use Glide to cross the void. Think LoZ, but ALL dungeon.

Mario Paint(ball) for Wii U: Nintendo jumps into the much-touted FPS market with Mario Paint(ball). A hodge-podge of Characters from the Mario Universe (another Wii U game I want to see, btw) wield various paint projectiles and items to shoot (Nintendo will say "tag" and avoid red paint) opponents in battle mode or work together to complete campaign-mode objectives. DLC maps from the get-go, online rankings and some sort of voice chat. Imagine playing a 12-person online match on, say, Bob-Omb Battlefield (HD'ified, of course)!!!!

Pokemon MMORPG for Wii U: if Nintendo wants Wii U sales to blow up overnight, THIS is the game it must do (though they could just save it for the next console and make it an instant sales giant...). I've never played a Pokemon game and I've never played an MMORPG, but this concept, and this one alone, would change that. Players could do dungeon crawls, missions, achievements in the form of "badges." At a certain level, players could even build their own gyms and accept challengers. This game would be a huge deal...

Mike from StarTropics announced as playable Smash character: Which leads to...

New StarTropics game announced for Wii U: 3D and/or side-scrolling game with expanded ocean exploration (both above and below). Those aliens took his uncle again and Mike has to save him! Just don't submerge your Gamepad in water to reveal the secret message...

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2014, 09:55:04 AM »
Crazy predictions for Wii U:
*everything you said*
Good heavens, I love the way you think. New Icarus, Mario Paintball, true Pokémon MMO for a home console, Mike Jones added to the Smash roster, and a new StarTropics game? Yes, please. A thousand times over, yes.

I would literally wet my pants if this were to happen.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2014, 07:08:50 PM »
The Last Story  HD,   Bayonetta 2 will drop the same day as Smash 4 on 3ds August 20th or close. A an previously unknown game will be announced and released in late June/early July. Sega Surprise. GameCube support. Zelda Megatons!  Namco RPG. Resident Evil Revelation 2. And 2 more things. BOOK IT, and crown me!

Also Shien's other title.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2014, 07:35:29 PM »
Speaking of Bayonetta and Platinum, I wonder if we will see further work with the two companies. Wasn't there a pretty nifty 3rd person shooter they were working on? Maybe they could create a Wii U version of that?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast