Author Topic: The FaceBall 2000 16 years later thread...  (Read 74772 times)

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: The FaceBall 2000 Event of the year megathread:
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2008, 07:13:38 PM »
UB you still didnt mention if you need people there early to help set up the place~!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2008, 08:38:43 PM »
The building the event will be held in is the "Farm Bureau Building".  I'll have signs up. :)

It's virtually right off "Main Street", so it'll be easy to find, once you manage to find your way to Carmi, Illinois, that is.

304 E Robinson St
Carmi, IL 62821

As for getting there early and the timing of events, here's the game plan.
I technically have the building from Noon Saturday till Noon Sunday.  Assuming no one else has rented the place for Friday/Saturday Morning, I might be able to get in Friday Night/earlier Saturday to set stuff up, but I don't know yet.  You're free to show up and help before Noon if you want, but, again, I just don't know if I'll be able to get in before noon.  At/After Noon, anyone who's there may help. :)

I figure from Noon 'till six-ish, we'll play games.  Mario Kart, DS Games, Pac Man vs., etc... And, of course, FaceBall.

About 6-ish, everyone will leave (and the doors will be locked as there will be no supervision going on at this point).  As the consensus has been to let everyone go on their own for food, y'all can go find some tasty food.  My wife's parent's restaurant will be open 'till 7:30 if you want some tasty Bar-B-Que.

Sometime between 4PM and 8PM, anyone who wants to take place in the Smash Bros. Tournament at my Wal*Mart will need to go by the store and register for a chance to be in it.  I will need to get to the store around 7-ish to start setting up.  At 8PM, the registration will be cut off and I'll start drawing names, seeding players.

Obviously, this event will run until Midnight.  Bring your DSes (sp?) to entertain you in case you don't get drawn for the tournament (there'll be 32 slots, and I'll be surprised if we actually have that many people there, so don't worry that much) and in-between matches...  I probably won't get out until 12:30-1, but I'll probably give a friend the key at this point, so you'll probably be able to go back and start playing without me.

As for buying Smash Bros. at my Wal*Mart - please do.  Even if you just return it to your local Wal*Mart later with the receipt - I won't complain. :) :) :).  The more copies we sell, the better it'll look for me and all the effort I'm putting into the event at the store... :) :) :)
As I said, whatever the best deal going on at the time is, I'm going to try to have it matched in some way for the event.  The CC Pre-order offer is off the table though, as it's way too out there... :(

Anywhoo, from Midnight 'till 10 or so (gotta leave time to pack stuff up/clean up) the next day, we'll get to game away!  Yay! :)

If you're coming, just send me a PM (and mention if you're bringing someone with you).  Thanks!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2008, 08:53:14 PM »
Oh, I forgot to mention... and we can plan this better the day of the event before we all leave at 6...

If we want to see about taking up a collection for pizza, the local Pizza Hut has a deal called "Pizza Mia".  I don't know if this is national or local, but it's $5 One-Topping Pizzas (you *cannot* pay extra and get more toppings though).  It's a minimum order of three pizzas, but apparently no max.  I called to see how long the special is going, and they said there's "no end" as far as they know and confirmed that even if we wanted 20 Pizzas, they'd all be $5 each.  I was thinking we could order and have the pizzas ready about Midnight/12:30 and bring them back to eat after the Wal*Mart event.  But that's just a thought - I don't know how many people will be coming, but $25-$50 should be more than enough for this, I'd say.  Keep in mind, McDonald's (the only real place for Breakfast here in town) doesn't open until 5:30, so you'll probably looking at snacks and microwaved pizza from Midnight until then as your sole source of food.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 29, 2008, 09:53:12 AM »
So the Weekend will pretty much go:

3/8/2008
Morning-12am:Setup?
12am-6pm:General Gaming (Mario Kart, DS Games, Pac Man vs., etc... And, of course, FaceBall)
6pm-8pm:Food/Fend For Self/(4-8) Register for Smash Bros Tournament
8pm-12am:Hang at Walmart and Play in Smash Tournament

3/9/2008
12am:Buy Brawl
12:01m-10am:Play Brawl/Sleep between turns
10:01am:Fight over who gets a copy of the Brawl Save
10am-12pm:Clean-up and Roll Out.

So do we want to blast through Subspace Emissary and maybe do some Coop Eventing or just Multiplayer all night?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 09:59:43 AM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 29, 2008, 10:01:00 AM »
UncleBob, a lot of pizza places have price-break points for their pizzas.  For example, I organized a class pizza thing a few years ago, and magically, a second class had to be merged in with ours that day because of weather.  The end result was that with about $65, we had enough pizza for about 40 people, got drinks, and a couple people were able to leave with an entire pizza.  We used Dominos, because we knew they delivered to the school, but Pizza Hut may have a similar price-break.  Those Pizza Mias are a little smaller than a medium pizza, so those other 5-5-5 deals at other places may be a more efficient bargain, but the pizza might not taste as good.  You may want to consider calling some places and asking them about what point they might offer a break with.  With larger orders, remember that you may be able to haggle for a lower price.

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 29, 2008, 11:30:51 AM »
So the Weekend will pretty much go:

3/8/2008
Morning-12am:Setup?
12am-6pm:General Gaming (Mario Kart, DS Games, Pac Man vs., etc... And, of course, FaceBall)
6pm-8pm:Food/Fend For Self/(4-8) Register for Smash Bros Tournament
8pm-12am:Hang at Walmart and Play in Smash Tournament

3/9/2008
12am:Buy Brawl
12:01m-10am:Play Brawl/Sleep between turns
10:01am:Fight over who gets a copy of the Brawl Save
10am-12pm:Clean-up and Roll Out.

So do we want to blast through Subspace Emissary and maybe do some Coop Eventing or just Multiplayer all night?

This schedule is win

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 29, 2008, 03:00:50 PM »
I'm hoping to be able to do these things:
  • Play Pac-man Versus (I don't have it plus I'm pretty friendless up here (I live in the middle of nowhere))
  • Play FFCC with 4-Players
  • MK: DD Max Player LAN
  • 16 Player Faceball (Of Course)
  • See UncleBob's Uber Nintendo Collection
  • Meet Everyone
Brawl:
  • Play through Co-op event mode (No one to play with up here)
  • Coin Battle EVERYONE
  • Win Tournament and take Prize
Be nice:
  • 4-Swords

Mostly just things you need a group of this size and composition for.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 29, 2008, 03:17:34 PM »
Is anyone bringing FFCC?  If not I will~!

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #83 on: February 29, 2008, 03:24:42 PM »
I have not played FFCC. Won't it be problematic unless we have enough GBA to Gamecube connectors? I have one I can bring...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 29, 2008, 03:44:52 PM »
thatguy - I can check into lower Pizza Prices. :)

I have FF:CC, if anyone wants to play.  I wasn't too impressed with it, personally.  I have 5 GBA/GCN connectors and a GBm/GCN connector, so that shouldn't be an issue either - although I do expect to play some Shadow Battle/Four Swords (I love that game), so we might need some extra GBA/GCN connectors.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 29, 2008, 03:57:14 PM »
I should be good for another GBA/GCN Connector as well if I can dig everything up.  In all actuallity FF:CC was not really a bad game it just made you repeat areas.  As I've said before if they would have just had a new bit of story each time you redid an area it be a lot better.  Maybe having it online like PSO would have helped as well.  Which reminds me PSO Complete for the Wii with no fee please.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 29, 2008, 10:53:18 PM »
(looks at "schedule")

Oh, man, this is going to be awesome. I haven't gotten a "crew" together for mass video game playing since I was in college (4+ years ago). I'm starting to get really excited for this. And you know, it can't come at a better time for me, either - I just signed a lease today for a new place, and it'll be my first time living alone in... ever. I'm a bit bummed out about it, but this is doing a great job of countering it :)

I got four people together once to play Crystal Chronicles, but it was hardly ideal. A shame, too, considering that when the stars aligned (we were able to see the screens of our original GBAs, and we were actually all in the game), it was pretty awesome.

Seriously, seriously can't wait for this, guys. ;D
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 29, 2008, 11:09:34 PM »
So, umm... who's coming?  I haven't gotten any PM's yet.

Also, give me an idea what you're bringing (game-wise) when you're coming.  If I need to get another GCN BBA, I need to know ASAP...

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2008, 11:55:58 AM »
I thought we already confirmed who's coming by sending you an email to that gmail account? Or did you lose that?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2008, 09:12:50 PM »
You mean the Verizon account?  Yeah, I don't know what the deal was with that, but about 90% of the mail sent to that account was bounced back... ?:|

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2008, 08:57:47 AM »
So anything new going on UB?  Countdown to FaceBall event 2000 in 4 DAYS WOOOO~!  I just found out its going to take roughly 6 hours to get there so me and my roomie will be heading out around 6 am and hopefully arrive around noon to 1.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2008, 10:03:03 AM »
Countdown to FaceBall event 2000 in 4 DAYS WOOOO~!

ohmagaw

Seriously excited over here. Anyone who's on the fence should definitely come.

DrewMG and I will probably be gettng in sometime on Saturday around early-late afternoon, depending on how/if we split the drive up from Friday into Saturday. I'm going to be on the road a total of probably 12+ hours* to get there. HOORAY. So, yeah, to anyone who's like, "Wah, wah, the drive's too long..." NO EXCUSES!

*Decoyman: proudly doing his part to support the struggling oil industry.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2008, 10:52:48 AM »
Is Ceric the only one coming that's got a GameCube/BroadBand Adapter?  bustin are you still coming?

Also, everyone, don't forget to bring some blankets/sleeping bags and pillows if you plan on crashing for an hour or so.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2008, 11:02:45 AM »
Oh, don't forget to bring your DS, if you have one.  I'll have a bit of chargers on-hand (two original and two lite).

Also, I don't know if I've mentioned, but I'll have 2 SNES units - and one SNES 5-Player adapter - So, if you have any old SNES games that you've always wanted to play 4/5 players, bring 'em.  If an old school chum comes, he's bringing a copy of NBA Jam. :)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2008, 11:06:47 AM »
Oh, and, don't forget to take down my phone number - just in case you need to call me for something. 

Oh, oh, oh!!!!

Everyone!  Familiarize yourself with this guide:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/914976/30065

Because I do hope we'll get to play this crazy, crazy game. :)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 11:18:12 AM by UncleBob »

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2008, 11:19:08 AM »
I'll bring Uniracers for the SNES. Best multiplayer on the system ever.

I too plan on leaving around 6 in the morning Saturday and arrive sometime around noon or 1.

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2008, 01:41:57 PM »
Ub will you have nametags on hand so we can walk around with our names and Forum names on there?  Do you need any?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2008, 05:09:56 PM »
If I wasn't so lazy I was going to make some with the Faceball characters but life happens.  Nametags be nice.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2008, 12:39:02 PM »
Well, I hope the storm blowing through the area Friday doesn't affect any one's travel plans. I live in Northern Ohio and its tracking right on my route. They are predicting 6" up here. At the very least hopefully all that will happen is I get slowed down for an hour or so.

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2008, 05:25:22 PM »
Yea I dont mean to be a bummer but if theres any snowy conditions, I will have to cancel. . . . :(  Please no snow~!