Author Topic: PSP GBC Emulatorium  (Read 22381 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
RE:PSP Hacked - Play games for free!!
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2005, 02:02:09 PM »

Originally posted by: BlackNMild2k1
The same guy that did the GB emu on PSP has now got SNES emu up and running too

http://mirakichi.hp.infoseek.co.jp/software/RIN.html
I'm guessing that Genesis is next?

now the Genesis emu is up and running, supposedly near perfect.

and NeoGeo CD emu has also been released.

----------------------------------------------
Systems emulated on PSP 1.0

GB, GBC, GBA, NES, SNES, Genesis, NeoGeo, TG16/PCE
----------------------------------------------

if they also get the N64, PS1, Saturn, 3DO, Jaguar, Lynx, Game Gear, SMS, NGP then that would definately make a PSP worth owning (considering you can also run PSP games from the mem stick).

Can't wait till they crack the 1.5 firmware    

Offline jasonditz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: PSP Hacked - Play games for free!!
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2005, 02:57:25 PM »
You can't emulate the higher level stuff as easily, but you can certainly emulate all the current stuff (except for the NeoGeo CD) on a Sharp Zaurus too... its cheaper, easier to program for, and offers better, cheaper memory card options. Best of all, you don't have to worry about firmware revisions breaking everything.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2005, 09:16:30 PM »
Reggie needs to get in there and stop this.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2005, 05:49:58 AM »
I think its rather funny myself. Sony spends an enormous amount of money on this supposedly great handheld game system, and all people are doing is emulating a Nintendo system from a decade ago. That does not say a lot for its software lineup.

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2005, 08:29:37 AM »

Originally posted by: jasonditz

Originally posted by: Don'tHate742
Good point.

Anyone can see that happening, especially because it happened to the Dreamcast.

But did Dreamcast piracy really scare away third parties? It doesn't seem like there was any less development for it after the discovery of the CD-R audio track trick

When my friend, who is as casual as one can be, found where to get pirated games, the dreamcast was over. Third party companies pulled support and then Sega reluctantly had to pull support as well.

It's a fact that when a system is so easily pirate-able that even those who rarely play games can play games for free, the system is doomed.
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2005, 08:31:04 PM »
My brother doesn't even believe that piracy is bad for a system. He used to get dreamcast games for free.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2005, 09:25:39 PM »
Pfft, that's nothing. My ENTIRE COUNTRY declares people insane who buy what they could download instead. Hell, I've seen store clerks sell XBoxes "because you can just download games to the harddrive" and then explain in detail how to crack them and get a bigger HD and stuff.

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2005, 09:01:13 AM »
third party support in the dreamcast was already dwindling before the discovery of the CD-R audio track trick. Sega kept releasing their own titles, and they didn't seem to be selling any worse even though the title itself was downloadable. Most of the download titles had audio tracks removed or other problems, and the download size was generally prohibitive.

I would've thought the N64 download scene would've been more harmful, even though it required the purchase of a fairly expensive piece of hardware. N64 roms were downloadable to even people on a dialup connection. I had one of the devices myself (its actually probably still in a closet somewhere), though all I ever used it for was fiddling with homebrew titles.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2005, 07:26:34 PM »
www.psp-spot.com

There has recently been a UMD Dumping utility circulating around. As we do not want to advocate potential piracy, we will NOT be hosting the file or telling anyone where to get it, so please do not ask. Any comments or forum posts that give links to this will be immediately deleted.

This program will dump the UMD contents into a file called UMD.ISO on your memory stick. There are no menus or controls, executing the EBOOT.PBP file on your PSP begins the process.

However, there is no loader for these dumps (on 1.0 or 1.5+ PSPs) so dumping these files has only investigatory and exploratory use

also they talk about the possibilty to un-update the firm ware back to 1.0.

This would be good in the short term for PSP hardware sales and (as soon as they get a loader) PSP game rentals , but this in the long run is just more bad news for Sony and their oh-so hacked PSP.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2005, 05:28:44 PM »
Looks like American PSP owners may have just caught a break on running games from their mem sticks too.

CybBlade of our Forums (and iRC EFnet #xxxz) confirmed tonight that PsP-Dev now have a working v1.50 exploit for running "homebrew" or unsigned code from it, similar to what NEM did for v1.00 firmware PSP users.

now they just need to crack 1.51 & 1.52(?)and its a done deal
especially if a loader gets released

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2005, 11:44:04 PM »
just wanna update those that are interested

PSP Loader up and running

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2005, 01:58:46 AM »
Can you say... PWNED?

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2005, 05:51:04 AM »
Sony arnt dumb, expect to see future games that need the newest update and feature the update on the umd's
Only 1 game has been dumped too, yet 2 DS games have been dupped
yet people are going overboard on how hacked PSP is....

edit: seem more psp games have been dumped

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2005, 07:24:35 AM »
The most disturbing thing about this thread is just how many people think this is completely ok.

At one time I downloaded Nesticle, but after a few months I deleted it because I felt bad for downloading games.  When you realize how hard it is to find ROMS online, you realize you are practicing and illegal act.  

But, with Dreamcast Emulators and Pirating and PC pirating people just seem to believe they have a right to these properties.  It really upsets me.  And so does this PSP thing.  If I was Nintendo I would seriously try to take action against these programs and action against Sony if they don't actively pursue stopping these illegal practices.

I think Piracy is one reason Nintendo is finally pursuing the complete backwards compatability with Revolution.  Once you provide the product legally for a fair price it takes some of the piracy away.  

But the public perception of piracy needs to start changing, like it has about downloading music, otherwise I see huge problems in the future.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2005, 08:31:20 AM »

Originally posted by: DeadlyD
Sony arnt dumb, expect to see future games that need the newest update and feature the update on the umd's
Only 1 game has been dumped too, yet 2 DS games have been dupped
yet people are going overboard on how hacked PSP is....

edit: seem more psp games have been dumped

They are actually dretty much just dumping games at will, the only reason no one kept track of them was because there was no way to play them, so at the time it was pointless.  
The thing I find funny though, is that while all the games are released on1.8(1.9?)GB umd's only 2 games have hit the 1GB mark while most games are only about 512MB or less.

Sony better hope they can stay atleast 2 steps ahead of the hackers and release Firmware updates on popular demo disk, wireless demo kiosk, or must-have games.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2005, 08:42:38 AM »
If the Firmware is upgradeable is it possible for a hacker to save the 1.0 firmware and keep it on a disk to upload back into the system whenever they want to play illegal emulators, or downloaded games?

If that is possible it will be impossible to stop this illegal emulation and theft of games.  And Sony probably doesn't want to spend the constant money it will cost to always be 3 steps ahead of the hackers and programmers breaking the PSP firmware.  

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2005, 08:55:52 AM »
I made a post earlier that they[the hackers] were working on the possibility to downgrade teh firmware back to 1.0 or whatever version they wanted.  But if they can hack 1.5.1 & 1.5.2 before the end of the month I don't see Sony being able to keep up with them and therefore making a backward firmware hack not necessary.

Offline Robotor

• The Robot Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2005, 09:16:30 AM »
How aware is Sony of all this hacking?
It may be simple, but it ain't easy.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2005, 10:35:56 AM »
Spak-Spang: It's rather easy to prevent people from stealing games, just make sure the retail people put someone near the game section and put those alert trigger coils on the games.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2005, 05:16:38 AM »
KDR:  Ha.  Not exactly what I meant.  If you can dump games and then figure away to play them back you can steal games just by renting them, or borrowing friends games.  

Property isn't just the disk and packaging of a game...its the actual game.  The intellectual property can be stolen.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2005, 10:47:20 AM »
You CANNOT steal intellectual property. You can infringe on it but you cannot steal it, just as you cannot steal rights or laws. IP is an abstract idea that has no physical presence and can therefore not be illegally removed. Please don't promote the abuse of the term "theft" for copyright infringement. Theft is the act of unlawfully taking an object away from someone as opposed to making an exact copy thereof and piracy means attacking or plundering a ship or aircraft using your own ship or aircraft.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2005, 11:32:11 AM »
Hence making unauthorized copies to overshadow the legit copies and give a big "F-You!" to the makers while getting "cheaper" entertainment and maybe make some dirty cash on the side?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2005, 09:41:11 AM »
Naah, just tired of people picking up the newspeak those companies churn out.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2005, 09:04:03 PM »
An Amiga 500 emulator has been released
http://www.ps2nfo.com/

and the first game has been loaded off of a mem stick

Today the World's first PSP Launcher was released for Lumines. We have already confirmed it works on a v1.50 firmware PSP with the Dynarox USA release of Lumines, however, it currently plays without sound. How was this achieved exactly? Well, similar to the WAB MS Launcher you'll need to extract the contents of the Lumines iSO to your Memory Stick's root directly using iSOBuster or a similar application. When doing this, you should end up with a PSP_GAME directory there with all the game files in it, and also a UMD_DATA.BIN file in the MS root. Then simply install the Lumines Launcher by copying the files to your PSP\GAME directory manually or via the previously-released KXpolit v1.50.

and soon they will make this process very easy, just like all the other hacks.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2005, 06:34:03 AM »
From what I've read, Lumines without sound isn't much better than no Lumines at all.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!