Author Topic: Xbox 360 Elite  (Read 12656 times)

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Xbox 360 Elite
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2007, 04:35:33 AM »
What about X-Box 360 Home Server?
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2007, 04:54:14 AM »

Originally posted by: darknight06
X-Box 360 Home Basic.  
X-Box 360 Home Premium.  
X-Box 360 Ultimate (even comes in black).  

I'm gonna assume X-Box 360 Professional would be the devkits now.  

Can't say you don't have choices now, but $179 for a HD?  Damn, I've seen 200GB+ for a PC go far cheaper than that.

Yep.  The other day I was looking for about an 80 gig drive to replace a broken one at work added up having to get a 320 gig drive because it was the cheapest they had. ($79.99)
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Xbox 360 Elite
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2007, 05:20:23 AM »
The 360 uses a 2.5" drive which is much more expensive but still nowhere near that much. As I said, I'd go for the 300€ Premium package instead.

Also this fails for not including any space trading sim.

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2007, 05:34:46 AM »
Fair system, bad price. If this thing were replacing the current $400 unit, then they'd really have something.

They seem to be more interested in making money than sticking it to Sony. Wonder if that means they think PS3 is not as much off a threat.
"wow."

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2007, 05:45:21 AM »
I have had the Premium system for a while.  The price for ultimate is pretty damn high.  But then again, so are all the other addons etc.  The 360 makes a great media center, and I bet the ultimate does an even more fantastic job of that, but that is still way too much imo.  

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2007, 06:49:45 AM »
I'd be trying to make something off the system too if I could, the production doesn't come cheap and sooner or later you gotta start making money off of it somewhere.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2007, 07:30:00 AM »
Still.  I think this price would have been ok if they would have included wireless.  (Arguable an important feature for my particular setup.)
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2007, 07:57:59 AM »
None of the shots feature the 360's POWER SUPPLY.

SUPPLY. OF POWER.

POWER SUPPLY.

How dare they hide the glorious truth.  IT'S THE BIGGEST FEATURE OF THE DAMN PACKAGE.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2007, 08:32:32 AM »
It's so ugly...The black is hideous when compared to the shiny Wii and PS3. Dull plastic is so last gen.  

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2007, 10:37:43 AM »
The insane regular hard drive price shows how overpriced the system is.  If they didn't charge a ridiculous 180 dollars for it it would be cheaper to just buy the basic system and the hard drive.  The new black makes it look like the original xbox (not a pretty thing) and I can't imagine retailers will be happy keeping 3 different skus in stock especially when one is guaranteed to sell horribly compared to the others.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2007, 10:48:02 AM »
Screw you Artimus I love the color (jk on the screw you part), I'm tired of all this shiny white stuff. Or shiny stuff at all, why can't I just be mellow  

I am disappointed in the lack of WiFi though. That really would have sealed the deal, now I'm kind of like, I'm still going to buy it, but I'm going to be let down a little.

Soon 1 Tetrabyte HDD's will become cheap enough to be mainstream. Alienware is already using them in their desktops and their standalone sales are slowly starting to pick up. We're also going to be seeing QuadCore Processors, and PPU's (Physics Processor Unit) also become mainstream. Off topic, but whatever.  
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2007, 12:32:06 PM »
^ MaryJane wants a stealth 360 so he can keep it off his friends radar.

While we are off topic.  Samsung announced today that it will start to sell a really fast 64 gig SSD(Flash Hard drive) hopefully starting Q2 of this year.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2007, 05:14:10 AM »
Guts Comparison of the O360 and Elite.  Their was actually more than a cosmetic change and HDMI addition by the looks of it.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2007, 04:37:23 PM »
Wal-Mart has been selling the Elite here for about a week now...also, to anyone with a 360, there's a tool that lets you replace your HDD with a 120GB SATA Western Digital Scorpio BEVS-LAT drive, which can be bought for ~$80. Read about it here.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA