Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 934328 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff
« Reply #1100 on: December 08, 2013, 11:51:40 AM »
I want to say that I encourage all of you to use the "Report to Moderator" button if you think it's necessary, but please refrain from using offensive language in such reports, especially when you're only doing it because you're pissed off.

That.

More specifically
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff
« Reply #1101 on: December 08, 2013, 11:54:21 AM »
Though, maybe UB should be reported for posting an offensive word in a pic, keeping it from being filtered by the forum censorship thingy.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: December 08, 2013, 01:22:38 PM »
Why? It's not like anyone and everyone can turn off the forum censorship issue.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: December 08, 2013, 01:37:20 PM »
Quote from: Khushrenada
(as even I agree BnM's was on the gross side)

Hold up, this must be sarcasm. I post a pic of a girl with chocolate in her teeth, of course with much worse implications, but you post a pic of 2 shits in the toilet shaped like an M from Mario Sunshine.... and my pic was on the gross side?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: December 08, 2013, 03:02:00 PM »
That's a girl? That picture is even more terrible than I originally thought.

My pic was a natural day occurrence and something you can see in any shopping mall, school or restaurant. It was a heart shape for the love Reggie has for fans.

Your pic was an unnatural occurrence and expression of psychotic love. Ergo, grosser.

Actually, I'll admit they both suck but with UB locking and expressing displeasure with the thread, it is time for some revisionist history (spoiler)my favorite kind(spoiler) and thus I'm going to use the limited ammo I have which is your pic to say you crossed the line more. Some may call it throwing you under the bus but I prefer to just call it backstabbing, doing me a solid.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: December 08, 2013, 05:53:25 PM »
Let's try this again.

?! What did Oblivion do to get banned?

Fast forward to 27s.

Stogi, take out the "s" in "https" and your link will work.

haha thanks although I still can't get the time to work.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 06:30:17 PM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: December 08, 2013, 08:41:58 PM »
I thought I knew what happened with Oblivion but after watching that video I have no idea what went down.
My Game Collection

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: December 09, 2013, 03:07:13 PM »
first the 65 hour Ace Attorney podcast love-fest
now the matching ire for LOZ: ALBW
When shall we publish the banns?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: December 10, 2013, 11:46:19 AM »
We've lost TJ, Toddra, and Oblivion...

Those are some big positions to fill, people, and I don't see any possible heirs.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: December 10, 2013, 12:14:10 PM »
Oblivion will be back. That was a temp ban.

Toddra was just Rat. Sadly he could have probably reintegrated into the community if he had learned his lesson. But some people don't know how to keep touchy subjects out of the picture.
My Game Collection

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1110 on: December 10, 2013, 12:17:35 PM »

But will he ever be the same?

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: December 10, 2013, 04:50:25 PM »

Toddra was just Rat. Sadly he could have probably reintegrated into the community if he had learned his lesson. But some people don't know how to keep touchy subjects out of the picture.
I was looking forward to continuing my debate with him on copyright law

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: December 11, 2013, 11:35:22 PM »
We've lost TJ, Toddra, and Oblivion...

Those are some big positions to fill, people, and I don't see any possible heirs.
Toddra tried real hard to be tj spyke and failed. Oblivion however has become a slightly less civil Tj Spyke (i didn't think that was possible) without the corporate white knighting (but more willing to act like a little kid throwing a temper tantrum because he can't get what he wants at the grocery store.)

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: December 13, 2013, 02:04:42 AM »
It's funny to think that I might have passed Oblivion on the street and not even know it. I think I'm like 3 degrees of Facebook friends away from him.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1114 on: December 18, 2013, 07:40:43 AM »
angry kirby i miss u :'(
if your're reading this, merry Christmas!
Made you look ****.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: December 18, 2013, 11:48:38 AM »
I'm sure he's filled with holiday cheer.
My Game Collection

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: December 18, 2013, 11:11:59 PM »
Guys, don't pick.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: December 18, 2013, 11:45:16 PM »
You're one to talk ;)
But yeah he's had enough abuse for one temp ban

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1118 on: December 19, 2013, 12:30:01 AM »
And you're one to talk about who is one to talk.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: December 19, 2013, 12:32:51 AM »
You're one to talk ;)
But yeah he's had enough abuse for one temp ban

He's not here to defend himself - I'm not going to allow folks to sit around and pick on him.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1120 on: December 19, 2013, 01:40:23 AM »
Riiight . . .

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: What is the last game you beat? Thoughts/impressions?
« Reply #1121 on: December 29, 2013, 02:32:54 AM »
Uncharted 2:

Hated this game. The shooting gameplay just got duller and duller as they upped the enemy counts and introduced goofy bullet sponges. Story was atrocious, can't believe this got praised so much for being an interactive action movie. The Prince of Persia-lite stuff was sloppy and stiff, and the setpieces were so ludicrous that I couldn't even enjoy them as over-the-top spectacle. I thought Last of Us was substantially overrated, but it looks like a gem next to this game. At this rate, Naughty Dog might make an actually good game in five years.

Dead Space 3:
Good lord is this game too long. I can't believe I'm complaining about the campaign of an action game being too long, but here we are. The initial portion in the haunted armada was fairly ho-hum stuff, but it looks much better in retrospect compared to the ice planet. The problem with this game is not so much the co-op focus, though that ends up being an obvious problem, as it is that they tried to convert this franchise into a Borderlands-style loot game. All of the optional missions are just loot raids. Which stops being satisfying at all once you upgrade the useful parts of your Rig and make a mega plasma cutter about halfway through the game. Seriously, if you play this game, don't bother with the optional stuff, it just adds 3-4 hours to the game of completely generic gameplay for unnecessary components. Plus the mainline game will at least be a bit more challenging this way.

Overall this game felt so lazy and rote that it almost seemed like the team was pissed off at what they were being forced to do with the franchise. It's also glitchy as hell, and compensates for it's bad design by having ammo, health, and resource drops off of every single enemy, at least on default difficulty. Even if you're curious about this game, I would just read a plot description and leave it at that (spoiler: it's really stupid). Blegh.

You don't sound like a fun person to hang out with.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Re: What is the last game you beat? Thoughts/impressions?
« Reply #1122 on: December 29, 2013, 02:43:21 PM »
Uncharted 2:

Hated this game. The shooting gameplay just got duller and duller as they upped the enemy counts and introduced goofy bullet sponges. Story was atrocious, can't believe this got praised so much for being an interactive action movie. The Prince of Persia-lite stuff was sloppy and stiff, and the setpieces were so ludicrous that I couldn't even enjoy them as over-the-top spectacle. I thought Last of Us was substantially overrated, but it looks like a gem next to this game. At this rate, Naughty Dog might make an actually good game in five years.

Dead Space 3:
Good lord is this game too long. I can't believe I'm complaining about the campaign of an action game being too long, but here we are. The initial portion in the haunted armada was fairly ho-hum stuff, but it looks much better in retrospect compared to the ice planet. The problem with this game is not so much the co-op focus, though that ends up being an obvious problem, as it is that they tried to convert this franchise into a Borderlands-style loot game. All of the optional missions are just loot raids. Which stops being satisfying at all once you upgrade the useful parts of your Rig and make a mega plasma cutter about halfway through the game. Seriously, if you play this game, don't bother with the optional stuff, it just adds 3-4 hours to the game of completely generic gameplay for unnecessary components. Plus the mainline game will at least be a bit more challenging this way.

Overall this game felt so lazy and rote that it almost seemed like the team was pissed off at what they were being forced to do with the franchise. It's also glitchy as hell, and compensates for it's bad design by having ammo, health, and resource drops off of every single enemy, at least on default difficulty. Even if you're curious about this game, I would just read a plot description and leave it at that (spoiler: it's really stupid). Blegh.

You don't sound like a fun person to hang out with.

Well, you know, to each his own. For instance, I don't think people who use homophobic slurs sound fun to hang out with.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: December 29, 2013, 02:56:37 PM »
Ha ha ha, now I see why TJ Spyke would get so mad. You all basically goaded him into acting like he did. If you all had left him alone after he was banned, nothing else would have happened. I was planning on coming back after my banning and just letting all that old stuff die.

But nope, the NWR mentality never fails and someone decided to goad me into an argument over something that has no relevance. Which, if I remember correctly, is the reason I got banned: I was goaded by something I had previously done, I got extremely angry, and said some things that I shouldn't have said.

This is exactly the same thing you guys did to TJ for a long time, and I'm sure it's going to end the same way for me. So I ask that you cut that **** out and drop it. If I can't act my age, at least you all can do so.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: December 30, 2013, 09:05:58 AM »
TJ never needed any goading. If he believed 1 1=3 and you presented absolute proof that he was wrong, he would get mad no matter how sterile or informative you maybe. Afterwards he would still believe 1 1=3 while cursing the day you were born under his breath. It didn't help he was wrong so often while screaming it to anybody with a pair of ears. Then there was the corporate white knighting that had to be paid in meth.

The Alec Baldwin defense, how's that working out for him?

Listen, I come on here to discuss video games, often critically because I'm interested in the aesthetics of the medium, but to my recollection have never insulted other forum members. You've responded to me rudely on a number of occasions for no good reason. I've either been polite or just ignored you up to this point, but now you're personally insulting me fresh off of a temporary ban for hate speech. Excuse me if I'm not inclined to absorb that after you've displayed your fundamental mentality. I'm done interacting with you, just as I would be with anyone in meat space who has displayed your behaviors. It's not my fault if you can't act like an adult and/or suppress your prejudices on a public forum. Anyhow, I ask that you pay me the same courtesy and just ignore me from here on out.