Author Topic: Stogi is the worst poster ever  (Read 23114 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Stogi is the worst poster ever
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2010, 02:31:25 PM »
I endorse Pale for "Best Mod 2010".

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2010, 04:05:15 PM »
Next time one of Stogi's threads get locked, I'm banning him.

Just saying.

Is that a challenge?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2010, 04:08:12 PM »
Five bucks says Pale chickens out and it's just a temp ban.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2010, 04:09:41 PM »
I endorse Pale for "Best Mod 2010".

I'd add in "and Vudu" and then make it far more realistic.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2010, 04:28:53 PM »
Looking over this thread, I'd like to apologize for being an ass. So many of my threads have been locked either for drugs, sex, or politics.

I didn't mean anything by it. I just can't help but feel compelled to post about it when an exciting issue comes along.

That is why I suggest NWR makes the funhouse the "Vegas" of the boards, where anything goes. Politics, religion, drugs, violence, sex....you know...all the interesting subjects be allowed in this forum only. I'm not saying we abuse it though, and I don't think we will. Most people here are either very smart or very reasonable or both. I think we can have a civil discourse about the origin of man, the policy of war, or humanity's natural addiction to drugs.

I think the most enjoyment I get out of these boards stems from three things: Excitement for news; Humor from posts; and Debate over controversial topics. Why not expand these trident points to all areas of discussion?

If anything, just try it for a month. How about the month of April? If it goes terribly, then enforce your will and that'll be that. No harm; no foul. But if it goes well, then maybe consider making it permanent.

You have nothing to lose. In fact, I think it would refresh the funhouse in a dramatic way.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 04:35:26 PM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2010, 04:33:10 PM »
I agree. Other gaming forums like The Escapist permit talks about politics, religion and otherwise and some of the threads can get interesting. Just restrict it to one place and say no hating. Only the regulars tend to visit the funhouse and I'm sure most of us can be civil with each other.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2010, 04:36:18 PM »
I think that's a can of worms that NWR doesn't want to be anywhere near. 
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2010, 04:39:58 PM »
Well ****...

I guess it's only a matter of time before I get the boot.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2010, 04:42:03 PM »
How about a Vudu day where we can imply he is a secret agent ballerina millionaire?

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2010, 04:44:00 PM »
EVERY DAY IS VUDU DAY

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2010, 04:45:08 PM »
Looking over this thread, I'd like to apologize for being an ass. So many of my threads have been locked either for drugs, sex, or politics.

I didn't mean anything by it. I just can't help but feel compelled to post about it when an exciting issue comes along.

That is why I suggest NWR makes the funhouse the "Vegas" of the boards, where anything goes. Politics, religion, drugs, violence, sex....you know...all the interesting subjects be allowed in this forum only. I'm not saying we abuse it though, and I don't think we will. Most people here are either very smart or very reasonable or both. I think we can have a civil discourse about the origin of man, the policy of war, or humanity's natural addiction to drugs.

I think the most enjoyment I get out of these boards stems from three things: Excitement for news; Humor from posts; and Debate over controversial topics. Why not expand these trident points to all areas of discussion?

If anything, just try it for a month. How about the month of April? If it goes terribly, then enforce your will and that'll be that. No harm; no foul. But if it goes well, then maybe consider making it permanent.

You have nothing to lose. In fact, I think it would refresh the funhouse in a dramatic way.

I think the administrators don't want to trust us with looser rules because with things like politics, we've demonstrated we already have trouble following the rules as is, and it is a matter of contention whenever it does come up.  As long as I remember, political threads have been locked, and they typically do begin with something like "I know this is against the rules, but I'm going to do it anyway," regardless of who they're from.  If we're not going to follow the rules as they are now, why trust us to maintain a promise to remain civil with more loose rules?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2010, 04:47:27 PM »
Stogi you just don't talk about those things on the forum.
I'm not sure but I think a few forum members PMed each other to talk about these off limit things.

As an aside has anybody else noticed the moderate tab at the top of the forum? I saw it yesterday than it was gone then showed up again. I'm not a mod on any of the forum but I am seeing it.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2010, 04:48:46 PM »
The fact of the matter is NWR is a video game website.  The forums' primary purpose is to discuss video games.  Politics, sex and drugs have no place in 99.9% of video game discussion and thus really don't have a place on this board.

The Funhouse is meant for bending rules, but they shouldn't be broken.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2010, 04:49:21 PM »
As an aside has anybody else noticed the moderate tab at the top of the forum? I saw it yesterday than it was gone then showed up again. I'm not a mod on any of the forum but I am seeing it.

What happens when you click on it?

Do you see the Admin tab, too?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2010, 04:52:10 PM »

What happens when you click on it?

Do you see the Admin tab, too?
Well when I click on it it tells me that I am not allowed in the moderation center.
No I don't see the Admin tab.

Anyway it is gone now from my screen now.
Something odd going on with the forum.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2010, 05:09:33 PM »
How about a Vudu day where we can imply he is a secret agent ballerina millionaire?

EVERY DAY IS VUDU DAY

Vudu admitting he's a ballerina. PROOF.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2010, 05:27:28 PM »
Of course I am--it's in my title.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2010, 06:46:03 PM »
I noticed vudu changed my tag again. GRRRRR

This is how I Imagine it playing out in my head:

Pale sticks his bucket-hat-wearing head out the door of his office.
"Vudu! Unclebob! get your butts in here!"
Vudu and Unclebob stroll in wearing their guns and badges.
"What's up, Chief?" Unclebob asks nonchalantly as he flicks a chewed up toothpick at the corner waste basket.
"What's up? What's up?? I'll tell you what's up! I've got Mayor Lindy's office so far up my *** if he spits it comes out of my mouth!"
"Relax Pale-" Vudu starts to say
"Don't tell me to relax! You're a loose cannon! If you two don't close this Stogi case I'll have your badges!"
Unclebob says "Chief, you know we may bend the rules but we get the job done."
"I'm giving you 48 hours to have this thing wrapped up." Pale growls "Or we're all out on the streets. Now get out of my office!
"Sheesh, he's in a mood." Vudu says as they climb into Unclebob's 1976 Ford Gran Torino

"It's the DSi XL pixel size" Unclebob replies as they drive off.

- End act one, scene 4 of tonight's episode of NWRPD Blue
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 08:35:28 PM by ShyGuy² »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2010, 07:33:15 PM »
The fact of the matter is NWR is a video game website.  The forums' primary purpose is to discuss video games.  Politics, sex and drugs have no place in 99.9% of video game discussion and thus really don't have a place on this board.

The Funhouse is meant for bending rules, but they shouldn't be broken.
That's how I feel about it, too. I've always liked that this site has been focused on gaming, even if it has gotten a bit more loose over the years. If one wants to talk about other subjects, there are plenty of other forums out there. And if someone really wants to talk about a certain subject with someone else here, there is also PMs, as was suggested.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2010, 07:47:27 PM »
We need to start a Political Wave

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2010, 06:03:23 PM »
I think that's a can of worms that NWR doesn't want to be anywhere near. 

That's why I suggest the grace period.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2010, 07:01:27 PM »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2010, 07:14:07 PM »
YOU'RE A LOOSE CANNON UNCLEBOB YOU PLAY BY YOUR OWN RULES

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2010, 07:53:53 PM »
I like your story, ShyGuy².  I look forward to reading the entire series.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2010, 08:37:32 PM »
Next epsiode: A longtime poster goes on murderous rampage that maybe even vudu and the Uncle can't stop. Don't miss... Stevey's Vedetta!