Author Topic: The Amazing Spider-Man Ultimate Edition Gets Release Date  (Read 1631 times)

Offline Steel Diver

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo Gamer Thoughts
The Amazing Spider-Man Ultimate Edition Gets Release Date
« on: February 15, 2013, 02:07:49 PM »

Does whatever the Wii and 3DS versions can't.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/33343

The Amazing Spider-Man Ultimate Edition releases March 5 for the Wii U in North America.

Ultimate Edition features four additional DLC packs, along with exclusive Wii U features, including Off-TV Play.

The game will retail for $39.99.

I'm a staff writer here at good ol' Nintendo World Report, but I also have a Nintendo website at www.nintendogamerthoughts.com

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Ultimate Edition Gets Release Date
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 03:44:32 PM »
$40.  I heard this game is ok. 
Lets check Amazon ... $39.99 is actually keeping with the official price of the HD Twins.
Lets check Steam ... $49.99 but is $19.99 for the next 24hours.  The DLC is $9.99 ... so a $60 - $30 Equivalency.
Lets check Metacritic ... A 71.  Not the best Score but it looks like you either liked it or hated it.
But then again $40 so, from all that it wouldn't be to hard to convince me over the edge.  Especially if Beenox fixed  some of peoples Quibbles.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 12:36:52 AM »
Would this game be the Spiderman version of Batman Arkham Asylum/City?

or is it just another spiderman game?

Offline beta4attack

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 08:45:43 AM »
As a big fan of Spiderman I will probably get this when I can! ^_^ Probably from the eShop, though, I need my points XD

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 10:11:38 AM »
Would this game be the Spiderman version of Batman Arkham Asylum/City?

or is it just another spiderman game?

This is what I'd like to know as well. I've heard some good things about the last few Spider Man games but never really dove in because the negatives usually outweighed the positive. If it's of Arkham Asylum/City quality then I'd bite the bullet and buy this game.

Tried watching this gameplay video but the player doesn't seem to be very good :P
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 04:48:12 PM »
I played this game on the PS3, and it's a pretty decent game overall (as was this team's previous Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions) even if the Open World wasn't terribly interesting.  It's not up to the level of one of the Batman Arkham games (which are probably the best superhero games ever made), but it's still a good Spider-Man game with a cool combat/webslinging feature in the Web Rush system.  The only "real" complaint people seem to have about the game is that webslinging is "too easy", a complaint I find rather ridiculous and not terribly noticeable unless you're just looking for things to complain about.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 06:39:47 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 06:36:17 PM »
That's good to hear, because I was looking for the the Marvel version of Rocksteady's Batman.

I guess this is as close to that as I will get.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 06:42:50 PM »
^agreed. I've always heard Batman Akham games were good but didn't know anyone that owned either version* and as I don't own a ps3 or 360, couldn't try the game. I was hooked when I bought Armored Edition for Wii U. It's such a good game that it makes you forget most games based on such a license, kind of suck.

*a newer friend brought his ps3 to another mutual friends house once and I got to play some of Arkham City for the first time a few months prior to Wii U's launch, but considering I was drunk, wasn't really in the mood to play a video game, and being thrown in the middle of a save file just isn't the way I like to play a game.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 07:05:31 PM »
I owned the first one on the PC ($5 thanks to Steam sale).
That made the 2nd one a lock on the Wii U, because the only thing that would have made my Arkham Asylum experience any better was a controller, and one with a touch screen on it, is all the better.