Author Topic: Wii Play  (Read 2647 times)

Offline Patchkid15

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Wii Play
« on: July 10, 2007, 06:59:12 AM »
A $10 game with a $40 controller. (Wii Play)

Wii Play is a extension to Wii Sports, which is still one of the best games for the Wii. But Wii Play does not meet Wii Sports greatness. It comes with 9 games, Shooting Range, Find Mii, Table Tennis, Pose Mii, Laser Hockey, Billiards, Fishing, Charge, and Tanks. It is also packaged with a extra Wii Remote. When you first hear about this game it sounds like a great deal, but it is not a great deal. Yes it is nice to get that Wii Remote, but the games are not very interesting.

Among the 9 mini games only 3 are worth replaying, Tanks, Shooting Range, and Find Mii. Tanks is the only game that is uses the nunchuck. It is a simple game in which you drive around and use both missiles and Mines to destroy enemy tanks. Shooting Range is a Duck Hunt style game. You progress through 5 stages in which you shoot balloons, targets, clay birds, cans, UFO's, and the occasional duck that fly's across the screen. Find Mii is a completely new style of game. You are given a objective (EX: Find 2 alike Miis), after the objective is given you are given a screen filled with many Mii's. Your goal is to Find 2 alike Mii's. And this continues and grows in difficulty.

In Table Tennis you simply move move your paddle back and forth to try and keep a rally going. Pose Mii is one of the worst games, You simply match your Mii's pose with the pose on the screen. Laser Hockey is an advanced Pong style game, instead of just up and down you can use forward and back also. Billiards is a point, pull the wii remote back, and push forward to shoot, it isnt very exciting. Fishing is a simple game, you just lower the Wii Remote into the pond and wait until the fish bites. When it bites you pull the Wii Remote upward. In Charge! you race ontop of cows trying to knock over scarecrows.

The game itself will not keep you entertained for a very long time. You will play it only the day you get it, then you will play it occasionally. The game is very simple and the Mini Games arnt very entertaining. The only challenge you are given is to collect gold medals in all of the 9 games. This is very simple though. The only game that will give you difficulty is Tanks because of its difficulty on some levels.

The sound in the game however is quite nice. It is not choppy and matches the actions in the game nicely. For example when firing in the Shooting Range game it actually sounds realistic. But of course some of the games sounds are superior to others. Overall the sound is a wonderful part of the game.

Pros
+ Comes Packaged with a controller
+ Nice Sound

Cons
- Games will not keep you entertained for long periods of time
- Games are boring

Overall Score: 3.5/10

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: Wii Play
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 01:04:21 PM »
Add 5 points if you're playing multiplayer.

Offline Mysticspike

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Bim Dizzle
RE:Wii Play
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 12:35:06 PM »
eeeeeeh eeeeeeh [teeter totter motion with hand]
not so great if you ask me
Someday, I will make my own Fantasy Factory to make all of my lifelong dreams come true...

Banana Productions<- Check out my Youtube channel.