Author Topic: Nintendo Free Radio 94: Erratic Emphatic Egotism  (Read 1741 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Nintendo Free Radio 94: Erratic Emphatic Egotism
« on: June 09, 2017, 11:15:04 PM »
It's no coincedence that the E3 preview show sets the Poison Mushroom record.

Download (Time: 3:38:37)

Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb, despite the best efforts of the game industry starting from the day after this posts. So Nintendo Free Radio soldiers on. New Business sees Stephen get his rail on with Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, before Donald tags in for weekend 1 impressions from the Arms Testpunch and a portable strategy RPG block. Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia and Disgaea 5 Complete all present different slants on the strategy RPG, and all came out within four days proving this business has no imagination. Austen got some role-playing on with Okage: Shadow King, then after a trip to the NBA Playgrounds (where the Mailman still doesn't deliver on Sundays) he finishes with future Switch title RIME.

The back end of the show got weird for Mushroom-discussed reasons, so Whatcha Watchin' got adjusted a bit. Donald deferred on Better Call Saul S2 and Stephen breezed past Logan to get to Lego Batman. Austen rips through most of the Marvel Cinematic Universe before heading over to Britian (Doctor Who), Polynesia (Moana) and a space station filled with crap movies (Mystery Science Theater 3000, both original and Kickstarter-powered revival).

The Feature discussion is the gaming industry's biggest millstone, E3. With the transition to PAX Southwest in progress, there's predictions ahoy - plus late breaking discussion of Nintendo's online service. The Mushrooms are heavy on the Poison, with special dispensation to Stephen's former AV program, Donald's most dreaded news story, and Square Enix. Because it's Square Enix.

The next show will be the E3 recap show, and if you spot something worth talking about there, sock it to us.

This podcast was recorded on May 30 / June 1 and was edited by Donald Theriault.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Free Radio 94: Erratic Emphatic Egotism
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 08:12:21 AM »
*sigh* I had a feeling the MST3K parody wouldn't work with the setup we had where I couldn't hear the music to maintain the tempo & stay in key, & I was having to shout into my phone rather than a headset. Damn.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.