Author Topic: Nintendo makes PAC-MAN GBA/Gamecube title  (Read 2816 times)

Offline Recoilx

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Nintendo makes PAC-MAN GBA/Gamecube title
« on: May 09, 2003, 05:09:07 PM »

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2003, 05:18:44 PM »
I have heard this rumor for a while now, but it seems thats it's actually true.  Can't wait to see the Miyamoto-tized Pac-man, but I hope they add something that detatches itself from the other games in the series.  I don't really want to play the same old game unless there's something new to do.
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Recoilx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2003, 05:20:26 PM »
This is from another post I made, but I will post it here....

How does one a.) Do something with Pac-Man that has not been done? or b.) Modify the simple gameplay of Pac-Man without ruining it? (Asides from the multiplayer link feature)

We have seen alot of Pac-Man games in the past; from bigger mazes, 3D platforming games, better graphics...but for such a simple design, its hard to add to it without ruining the magic. Although im sure Nintendo will think of something to entice gamers to buy it. I just hope its magical thats all.  

Offline Cap

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2003, 06:07:45 PM »
 the multiplayer sounds great to me, and would be well worth the purchase if implemented properly. they would have to add more then just running around the maze trying to catch pacman, but it could be great with some of Miyamotos innovations. these are the kind of ideas i was hoping for when the gba-gc link was announced.  

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
RE: Nintendo makes PAC-MAN GBA/Gamecube title
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2003, 08:42:13 PM »
I hope they get the graphics polished up before release. The last thing we need is another EAD title with less than amazing graphics...They are more than capable, so why not have extremely good graphics as well as extremely good gameplay?
Don't argue about "only gameplay matters", the fact is, amazing graphics and amazing gameplay are better than OK graphics and amazing gameplay.  

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2003, 08:49:14 PM »
Damn this sounds like an awesome idea!  I don't care if it's never any more than a glorified demo, I want to play it.  Nintendo should release this as a budget title for like $10 or make it $25 and have it come with a GC/GBA link cable.  This just sounds like such a cool idea and it needs to be released.  Even if the game has like no depth it would still be a blast for parties.  If all else incorporate it into some other title as a mini-game.  Since Namco and Nintendo are collaborating with Star Fox Armada they could include it as a bonus with that.  Or they could make it free with a Star Fox Armada pre-order like the Zelda bonus disc!

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2003, 05:03:44 AM »
This sounds like a lot of fun, but definatly something you wouldn't want to buy alone...  If they packaged it with the GBA-GCN connector, like someone above said, I would snap it up in a second.

Offline Ninja X

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2003, 11:31:31 AM »
The multiplayer sounds good.  I might give it a rent now.  
I got some killaz on my payroll.

Offline Christberg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2003, 12:08:52 PM »
It sounds like a really fun little multiplayer game, but I wouldn't pay full price for that.

It's cool that they have those GBa downloadables on the GC demo disc that's coming out, and this would be a nice addition to that.  I imagine you could fit all of Pac Man in the GBA's memory, so this would be a GREAT demo disc extra, and with a Mario Party type cross platform game it'd fit really well, too.  We'll see what they do with it.

Offline egman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2003, 05:52:41 PM »
This is why I love Miyamoto and Nintendo. I mean, how many attempts have there been to somehow update Pac-Man that successfully captured the spirit of the original? It sounds like without even trying EAD may have threw something together that accomplishes that, without having to rely on extensive next gen technology.

As long as it remains as some type of budget thing or a downloadable demo ala Sega Swirl, this could be extremely popular. It could compliment a night of Mario Kart/ F-Zero/ SSB:M nicely.

Gamefreak--I notice a lot a people making this kind of complaint, but how can people still be surprised by now? EAD and most of Nintendo's internal studios have rarely pushed thier console except in terms of visual effects. I agree that good graphics AND good gameplay is an awesome combination, but I will always prefer great gameplay if I have to have one or another.  I don't expect Nintendo themselves to put out a Halo 2 killer.

Factor 5, however...