Author Topic: Nintendo has something even bigger...  (Read 16243 times)

Offline Ninja X

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Nintendo has something even bigger...
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2003, 02:32:27 PM »
Exclusive Metal Gear?  Sounds wishful...
I got some killaz on my payroll.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2003, 02:57:49 PM »
*looks at what everyone's been doing with his speculation hat* Noooooooooooo, my poor baby...

Hmm, it could be because they are planning on focusing on third parties. But still, i dont think "Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg" or "Viewtiful Joe" are gonna steal the show, no doubt they're good games, but they're not "huge" games. I think Nintendo or some third party has something HUGE in store for us Gamecube owners. I doubt its a new Duck Hunt or Kid Icarus... maybe that secret FPS by that UK developer is something? Or maybe Zoonami's game?

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2003, 08:21:54 PM »
hrm could be game zero being revealed in fullishness

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2003, 10:36:33 AM »
Nintendo is just getting hype for E3 with their website.

The 3rd party title will be Silicon Knight's title (or are they 2nd partyy?).

Nintendo's title will be Pokemon RPG or Mario. I believe it is too early to be actually showing footage of another Zelda. (I doubt they even have plans of making another for Gamecube).

OR the alll time favorite:

Nintendo vs. Capcom vs. SNK vs. All other fighter game companies

Offline Ninja X

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2003, 11:03:59 AM »
Silicon Knights are second parties.
I got some killaz on my payroll.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2003, 11:28:39 AM »
Silicon Knights IS A 2nd party- the company Silicon Knights is one entity and should be referred to in the singular.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline AGENTDICKLAURENT

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2003, 11:43:36 AM »
heh. ah well. this is quite exciting.

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2003, 12:13:30 PM »
RESIDENT EVIL 4!
CAMELOT RPG!
GOLDENEYE SEQUEL!
EARTHBOUND 2!
FINAL FANTASY CC in depth!
METROID PRIME 2 video teaser!
EXCITEBIKE GC!
STUNT RACE FX 2! (my wish)

Offline Thumati

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2003, 01:25:09 PM »
If Mario Kart or F-Zero are not going to headline E3- and since they've already been unveiled (and in F-Zero's case, played by the press in Japan), I too doubt they actually will- Nintendo will have to have either a franchise of equal or greater repute or something all-new. Since there's no way for me to speak knowledgeably about anything all-new, lets go down the usual suspects.
Any GameBoy game: I don't think a GameBoy game can headline E3 for Nintendo. Even though it's Nintendo's cash cow, they need to pimp something on the console to get its rep up, and they'd be better off using Mario Kart to headline rather than a Game Boy game.
Mario: could be, as Miyamoto has stated it's already in development. But I'm not convinced just yet. I expect something on video, though. But a short video clip probably isn't good enough to headline a show.
Zelda: Another possibility, but considering the Wind Waker will only have been out less than 2 weeks in Europe when E3 comes around, If anything Zelda is shown, I don't expect anything more than a short video clip, again, not highlight material
Metroid: I don't think Prime 2 is far enough im develop to have something playable. Video at most.
Kid Icarus: As geeked as I'd be to see a new Kid Icarus game, I gave up hope after Icarus wasn't a playable character in Smash Bros. Melee and just had a stupid-looking trophy (I still contend he'd be perfect for the game). Still, he's not big enough to headline a show, unless they do something really dramatic with it. I'd like to see a third person action game like Zelda/Star Fox Adventures, but with the character capable of flight! That would be freaking great. But I doubt that could headline.
Earthbound: It's already been unveiled (in a small way), and I HIGHLY doubt Nintendo would use a game that stars a little round boy with a magic yo-yo and a waddling sidekick with a huge schnoz to headline the biggest show of the year when they're trying to shake their 'kiddy' image.
Donkey Kong: This would work nicely. If it exists.
Donkey Kong Racing: I fell in love with the video clip shown so long ago, but with Rare over with Microsoft, I think this is a dead game. Anyway, with Diddy Kong and Donkey Kong both in Mario Kart, and there might be even more DKC characters as hidden playables, I'm not sure there's a point of this game even existing anymore, even without Rare.
Pikmin 2: Same boat as Mario Kart
Something by Silicon Knights: Hmmm...Nintendo might want to use something by these folk to emphasize their commitment to shaking the kiddy image, but I don't think so.
Ice Climbers: Uh.......no. How many people actually knew of the Ice Climbers before Smash Bros. Melee? Exactly
Smash Bros. 3: Not a headliner, but I would love to see it. I probably wouldn't have a GameCube if it wasn't for Melee.
This is my pick, barring anything brand new and unexpected:
Star Fox Armada
Nintendo said they're going to focus on third parties at this show. Armada is made by Namco. Star Fox has the 'star power' to headline a show. Not quite as much as Metroid, Mario, or Zelda, for sure, but it's still one of Nintendo's best franchises. Plus, peopple have been clamoring for a return to the Star Fox/Star Fox 64 style game for a while now, so the anticipation for this game is high. Plus, we haven't seen any of Armada yet, save for a poster,so Nintendo can unveil it in a big way. The big problem with Armada is that it isn't due until next year (at least I think), so it may not be appropriate for a headliner, but I'm sure Microsoft will use Halo 2 as at least a co-headliner (along with something from Rare I think, like Perfect Dark 2) and that's not due until next year, so who knows.

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2003, 02:02:37 PM »
'Ice Climbers: Uh.......no. How many people actually knew of the Ice Climbers before Smash Bros. Melee? Exactly"

Oh man, that was the greatest game on NES. It is a must for people who like classic games like Bomberman and Tetris.

Offline Thumati

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2003, 02:22:42 PM »

Originally posted by: Nintendo Gamecube
'Ice Climbers: Uh.......no. How many people actually knew of the Ice Climbers before Smash Bros. Melee? Exactly"

Oh man, that was the greatest game on NES. It is a must for people who like classic games like Bomberman and Tetris.

I don't mean to say it wasn't a good game, I actually knew someone who had the cart way, way, WAY back when, but if you polled a thousand game fans for the top 10-20 most memorable Nintendo games, franchises, or characters before Melee came out, I don't think you'd have many 'Ice Climbers' responses.

Oh yeah, I forgot a couple  in my list:
Kirby's Air Ride: There's no way in hell this game can compete with anything else Nintendo is putting out this year. I'd headline Mario Party 5 (you know it's coming) before this game. I'm not too sure why this game is even getting out this year, with two AAA racing franchises coming out with F-Zero and Mario Kart. This game should have come out last year, when there was a utter dearth of racing games. They should delay it either a year so it doesn't get smothered by Double Dash and F-Zero or put some other Kirby game on the disc too, because I can't see how it'll sell well at all in its current state with Nintendo's 2k3 lineup (Kirby mini-golf anyone? That was a fun little diversion on the SNES, like I'm assuming Air Ride will be no more than). Of course, I think Mario Golf and Tennis should be on the same disc, but that's just me. Air Ride should have been made on the GBA, if anything. It really doesn't seem all that great as a console game.
Pokemon: A Pokemon Stadium game is due soon, I think. Pokemon Box is just an organizer, really, so that doesn't count. Still, I wouldn't call a Stadium game headliner material. A more involved Pokemon game....well, that definitely could, but Nintendo would get creamed in the PR arena for making a kiddy-game a headliner over a more 'mature' title. I would be surpised if Stadium Cube isn't shown at E3, though.

Offline Locke Cole

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2003, 05:18:50 PM »
*repairs spec. hat with magic yarn and washes it(lots of people wore it you know)then puts it on*

Yeah, your probably right, I'm too wondering why the heck Nintendo shows off all of the best stuff.  Must mean they have even better stuff under their sleeves *COUGHZelda,MarioCOUGH*  They are showing a demo tape of Metroid Prime too, so when people get a hold of that the Metroid fans will go crazy.  Ummmm what else,  they also keep on saying in my latest NP that they have a huge annoucement.  Who knows, we might know a little more by Monday but we'll have to wait and see.

*takes off spec. hat and sprays it with invincibility spray then puts it on rack for someone else to wear*

Offline Christberg

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2003, 07:05:24 PM »
*Puts on speculation cap and xray glasses, pulls out a beer...

Honestly, I think Nintendo has TONS more stuff they're showing off at E3.  I'm imagining we'll get to see Mario 128, Metroid Prime 2 (although I doubt these will be playable), and maybe 4 or 5 other titles of their own not already mentioned, not to mention all the third party stuff.  Hell, if Nintendo reveals information just strictly for the stuff they have announced but haven't given much details on, their E3 lineup will be EXTREMELY formidable.  Think about Metal Gear:Twin Snake, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle, Viewtiful Joe, Killer 7, Dead Phoenix, Too Human, Rogue Squadron 3, Starfox Armada, FZero, Sonic Hero, Billy Hatcher, Virtua Fighter Quest, Skies of Arcadia 2, Tales of Symphonia, Baten Kaitos, Gt Cube, Too Human, Resident Evil 4, Unity, Climax's FPS, Project Zero and some others I'm sure I'm forgetting their E3 will be way stronger than last year just with that, even if half of it is just video.

There's going to be a line halfway across the entire convention center just for Mario Kart Double Dash, especially if they demonstrate 8 player system link on a couple big HDTVs.  As much as it doesn't sound that exciting on paper, the new Mario Kart title is HUGE by itself.

Nintendo doesn't have squat to worry about at E3 this year, even if they don't announce anything.

Do they still have even more surprises?  Oh yeah, definitely.  We know there will be one new franchise announcement from Nintendo themselves, and who knows whatever other third party stuff... should be awesome.

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2003, 07:41:19 PM »
I'm not really a fan of Pokemon, I've played the blue game and beat it by pressing one button (but since there are only 2, that's not really a big feat). Anyways, I would love if the had a Pokemon RPG, I love games that have to do with raising and strengthing some animal (Black and White was excellent!).

I'm sure there is going to be something huge with Pokemon at E3, maybe stadium now, but Nintendo can't denie there fans of what they want.
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2003, 08:23:11 PM »
i wasn't being serious about ice climbers was just somthing to well.. make people ask qustions

one button you say? so you didn't move save or anything? wow that IS a big feat

Offline fes

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2003, 01:12:59 AM »
With Nintendo focusing on 3rd parties i'm hoping for a new Maniac mansion game. The original NES game was amazing, as was the PC sequel. I doubt it'll ever be in existence but I can dream...

Offline Dominic

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2003, 06:26:19 AM »
Nintendo advertisement in Nintendo Power

Click the above link to see the E3 advertisement that is in this months Nintendo Power magazine. (moderators: thats my own webspace)

Is Nintendo set to announce a sequel to The Wind Waker? An entirely new Zelda game (a la Space World 2000 video)? Or just a generic marketing image?

Could it be the second Zelda game that is going to be announced for Christmas season sales???

Saturday, March 1 2003 - In case you still wont believe us, Konami has confirmed the development of Metal Gear Solid for the Gamecube. It will be a remake, not just a port. Shigeru Miyamoto is said to be working with Konami on the project. He has also stated that two new Zelda Gamecube games are in development. One will continue to use the cell shaded graphics, and one will use more realistic graphics like OoT. In addition, it is confirmed that HAL Laboratory's is working on Kirby Air Ride. That could be why the pink puff looks the same as he did in Melee. Finally, Nintendo of America confirmed that they are working on a successor of the 32-bit GameBoy Advance system, which is a big duh to us now.

I remembered something while on my way home from work tonight while talking with my friend.

In an interview about Mario Sunshine, Ninteno said one of the reasons Sunshine took so long was because they developped complex software to assist with rendering 3D characters and worlds.

I believe at the time they said the actual time needed for Sunshine after the software was completed was incredibly quick, and would enable them to quickly turn around another complex 3D game in relatively quick speed.

I wonder if they could apply this to the Zelda universe, and toss in some Link models and fly from there. Six month turn around, or so, out on shelves for the holidays.

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2003, 07:40:51 AM »
I can't guess what i believe the big title will be.

why?

because it will be NEW.

Offline Thumati

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2003, 08:06:31 AM »

Originally posted by: PIAC
i wasn't being serious about ice climbers was just somthing to well.. make people ask qustions

Actually, I found Ice Climbers to be pretty fun. Frustrating as hell? Yes. But fun still.

I still don't think another Zelda game is going to show up at E3. I think it'll hurt Wind Waker sales in Europe if they do anything other than just announce that there will be a sequel on the 'Cube, as WW will only be out for less than 2 weeks when E3 kicks off. Even showing a teaser clip, especially a clip that shows a drastically different art style that WW's, could negatively impact sales. I think the big gun at the show will either be something (or somethings) brand new or Star Fox Armada. Of course, two Star Fox headlining shows in a row (Star Fox Adventures was pushed pretty heavily last year, if I remember correctly) would seem kinda odd, but Armada will be 'real' Star Fox.
I'm really looking forward to seeing Dead Phoenix playable. That game sounds like it has a very cool control system, and looks pretty promising. Killer 7 sounds pretty good. But of course, P.N.03 did also...
Oh yeah, I believe Dydack said in the interview he did with Berghammer at D.I.C.E. or GDC (or something like that) that Silicon Knights will be showing something at E3 (maybe behind closed doors). That's a distinct possibility to at least co-headline, considering how well Eternal Darkness was received by the gaming press (the buying public is another matter)

Offline mariomeatball

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2003, 08:10:38 AM »
I know Nintendo said they would focus on 3rd parties this year and all that. I and know they release stuff before E3 to pique the public intrest. But I kinda get the feeling that Nintendo has somthing big up its sleave, even if its only one game and the rest of E3 will be devoted to the 3rd parties.

As for the little thing in the back of the Nintendo Power... that link looks pretty realistic to me!!! Don't get me wrong, I love the WW cell shading. But, it sure would be nice to rub a little somthing in all the x-box fan boys faces at my school.  Plus, IF, Nintendo were to release another cell shaded Zelda and a "realistic" Zelda that'd be THREE Zeldas on ONE console... hold me..........

Offline Locke Cole

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2003, 08:44:10 AM »
What would be cool is if Nintendo continued Wind Waker with another Cell shaded game, and then did something completely different with a realistic Zelda.  I don't know though, their supposed to have some big annoucenment at E3 so we'll see soon.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2003, 09:07:37 AM »
Myiamoto never said there would be two Zeldas, that was a mistake which originated from themagicbox.com and was quickly corrected.
Myiamoto did say that another Zelda would be made, that the Spaceworld engine would be considered and the WW engine might be used in other projects.
LZ 2005

Offline Thumati

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2003, 10:35:58 AM »

Originally posted by: Hemmorrhoid
Myiamoto never said there would be two Zeldas, that was a mistake which originated from themagicbox.com and was quickly corrected.
Myiamoto did say that another Zelda would be made, that the Spaceworld engine would be considered and the WW engine might be used in other projects.

If the Wind Waker engine isn't used for another Zelda game (or even if it is), I think the engine and the cel-shaded style would be perfect for a Kid Icarus game. Wind Waker already has a bit of a flight mode, so it wouldn't have to be adapted so much.
That shadowed image of Link from Nintendo Power looks pretty familiar: I think that's from Soul Calibur 2, a game featured on Nintendo's E3 site.

Offline Marufy007

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2003, 10:51:42 AM »
this probably will never happen but what if...

what if Miyamoto's new Zelda IS a realistic Zelda given to Sqaure Enix to do as they please.

sure, i know turn based battles are something a lot of people nowadays are getting sick of, but what if the next Zelda featured tons of RPG elements that Square and Enix were/are both well known for? im a Square fan and RPG fan so i honestly wouldnt mind seeing this. if a more realistic Zelda with a darker story was considered, and Miyamoto wanted something "new and fresh" i wouldnt mind seeing what Square Enix could do with it.

what do you guys think about that?  

something else im wondering about, i remember awhile back i saw an E3 advertisement for Nintendo and somewhere on it it said "be there or be Square" some people were wondering what the deal with that phrase was or the capital S being there. does anyone remember seeing that advertisement? and was the S capitalized?  
Save the best for last!
CLASS OF 99!!!
Maruf

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2003, 11:11:39 AM »
well they could turn Zelda into an RPG.. but i dunno, would lose its charm if you ask me :\ using the various tools in battle as weapons is allways fun, and something tells me if it was an RPG you wouldn't be able to :\