Author Topic: Nintendo World Report Poll  (Read 20882 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo World Report Poll
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2007, 11:24:51 AM »

Originally posted by: Crimm

Originally posted by: GoldenPhoenix

Thanks to the people who replied before and those that replied to my PM spam.

I didn't get any PM spam! Talk about insulting.

YOU'D ALREADY REPLIED!  I sent it to users who were logged on who had not replied to the thread.

Suuurrreee, you can't fool me! Mr. Wormhead.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo World Report Poll
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2007, 11:39:09 AM »
Crimm, use the toothpick, she's not behaving.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2007, 11:41:15 AM »
Good idea
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2007, 11:55:34 AM »
Now you try to cover up your tracks by sending me the PM.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2007, 12:38:26 PM »
. What do you like about NWR?
I like the news stories and the community of the forum.  NWR isn't always the place to get the fastest information on Nintendo, but you get true honest opinions and I believe the staff are true Nintendo fans, without being blinded by Nintendo or the industry as a whole.

2. What do you dislike about NWR?
I would like to somehow see more connections between the staff and the NWR community.  The new forum question is a good idea.  But, I think more could be done.  Other than that, I would be interested in seeing if NWR can do more video stuff.  Since you can now find places like YouTube to host videos cheaply, I would love to see the NWR staff work towards providing more video and introducing us to the staff more.

3. What would you like to see more of on NWR?
See the answer above.  Video, and more community interactions.  Perhaps more community events and later setting up NWR Nintendo tournaments.

4. Do you think there's anything we do too much of? If yes, what?
No not really.  Some might say you have too many reviews, but I actually think you have too few.  I think once someone on your staff has written a review a simple means to add second opinions from any and all staff would be great...so all reviews are in one entry.  

5. Why do you visit NWR?
I visit NWR for the community.  I feel like I have quite a few friends on the forums, and I trust the staff to be honest and truthful.

6. Is NWR your first choice for Nintendo news? Reviews? Preview coverage?
NWR is my first (sometimes second) choice for reviews, Previews, and news.  My day usually starts with checking GoNintendo for just a brief look at everything available, but I usually focus on NWR for getting more of the information and definitely getting a more honest and balanced review on games than any other site I have visited.  It is one of the aspects I believe NWR should be proud of the most.  Very professional honest reviews.

7. Do you like the front page design?
I like the white on the page, but I honestly don't understand the top link buttons.  the are clear and readable, but when you scroll over them they get fuzz...and that is just weird counter-intuitive design.  Other than that...I think the web page is designed well and information is easy to find.

8. Are there any more comments you have about Nintendo World Report in general?
No other comments...unless you can convince Nintendo to give us hard drive support.

Thank you so much.  

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2007, 02:18:39 PM »
Alright, since Crimm asked...

1. What do you like about NWR?
The forums and the people in it.

The ads. I know this has been discussed to death but I don't like the "noisy" ads nor the questionable "True" ad. Luckily they have switched to quieter ads

Like everyone else has said, more interaction with the main staff.

Nothing, really...

5. Why do you visit NWR?
Discuss, rant and whine about anything Nintendo and videogames with some cool people.

Nintendo news: In all honesty, no. By the time I reach NWR I know about certain news and events
Reviews: Sometimes, most of the time I just browse through them and read the scores
Previews: If its a highly anticipated game then definitely

Its alright. A bit too simple but it works

The place is rock solid. The people are nice (if some of them are a bit weird), the discussions are always interesting and has some solid content. That's all I have for now.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2007, 02:28:16 PM »
Jeez, Crimm.  I'm online right now, and I'm not getting any PMs.  Of course, my box is full, so I can't send any, either.  Could you fix that and make the boxes bigger?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2007, 12:57:16 AM »
Now that I think on it a little more having staff opinions at the end of a Press Release or the Non-Opinion articles would be nice.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2007, 01:18:37 AM »

Originally posted by: thatguy
Jeez, Crimm.  I'm online right now, and I'm not getting any PMs.  Of course, my box is full, so I can't send any, either.  Could you fix that and make the boxes bigger?

You youngin's now-a-days are so spoiled.  Why, back in my day, we had a 25 message limit, and that was it.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline mottsc

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2007, 01:44:33 AM »
I like the reviews and the honesty to point out flaws in hyped up games. I like the impressions because that more than anything else lets me know whether it's a game I should be getting excited about. I like the forums because that's where the community feeling happens.

The never ending press-releases. I'd prefer a one or two line summary with the press release to follow, though sometimes the headline does just that. I dislike the chat link being right below the forums link, too easy to click. Also it would be nice if news items were listed in the top set of links like impressions, screens, etc. are in articles. When you click to the profile page the news stories are listed so a news link should be available.

I enjoyed the staff comments on articles directly when it was PGC. That gave it more personality and also showed a variety of opinion. I would like to see more impressions, but that's limited by availability I know. I would like to see some kind of interest poll for games members would like to see reviewed.  I don't necessarily need 3 Metroid Prime reviews, while a review for a game like Dewey which had some interest would have been nice.

Press releases with no comments

5. Why do you visit NWR?
I've been visiting since right before the breaking of the Gamecube name and I've always appreciated the reluctance to post rumors as news. When I see a story I know it has been confirmed. I find the impressions and reviews to come from a reasoned look at the game and honestly disclose the good and the bad. The forums are great fun to read and supplement the main page with breaking news.

NWR is where I visit first since it cuts down on the rumor reporting I read. Also, anything of note that isn't on the main page is generally under discussion with the included links on the forums. It's definitely my primary source for reviews and impressions. I rarely look elsewhere.

I have no problems with the front page design.

Not at this time, your witness.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2007, 03:47:01 AM »

In order to make NWR the best site we can be we need your feedback.  It would really help if you could answer a few questions for us.  I ask you provide as much detail as you can when you answer them.

4. Do you think there's anything we do too much of?  If yes, what?

5. Why do you visit NWR?

Thank you so much.

1. Community. I feel like a dork bringing up game related babble to my friends (but that's become less awkward as of late due to the Wii). This is kinda my dirty little secret. A place where I can be the Nintendo nerd I always have been.

2. The main site. I don't even check it unless theres a review, preview, or editorial. In other words, something with opinion.

3. Staff interaction, editorials, and FORUM - SITE INTEGRATION. What I mean is: us forum goers like to be recognized every once and a while, if for no other reason, to inflate our egos. We like to feel proud about the site we spend so much time on; a place that we have helped build just as much as the staff, and every once in a while we would like to be taken seriously and given the respect we deserve.

How can you do this, you ask? Well for one, give Kairon and Ceric there props; especially Ceric. He's been manning the sales thread since as long as I can remember. Two, if somebody writes something thats elegant and thoughtful, why not throw it up on the main page as a forum editorial for all to see? Also, allow us to help you. We can come up with many ideas for Hot-Topic, and many ideas for bettering this site. TAP INTO US, WE ARE A VALUABLE RESOURCE.

4. Like IceCold said: you can never do too much.

5. All in one place to talk about Nintendo and even things that are completely random but great. This is a place I can find information or help about almost anything (MOSTLY BECAUSE OF THE FORUMS).

6. No. Yes (unless yours is a little late). Yes.

7. Hells no. The front page screams "I AM TRYING TO BE SOMETHING I'M NOT!" Why not have the page resemble the personality of the site. That said, I do love the flash "channels."

8. MORE FORUM-SITE INTERACTION!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2007, 03:55:45 AM »
I'd like to note that Hot Topic creators have asked for our ideas in that regard.

Offline Crimm

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2007, 08:35:45 AM »
23 replies so far (for my record keeping).
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2007, 12:39:05 PM »

Originally posted by: thatguy
I'd like to note that Hot Topic creators have asked for our ideas in that regard.

What? Where?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2007, 01:00:01 PM »
Somewhere.  At least SUPERTY did, and I think Crimm said something about it, too.

Offline Crimm

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2007, 01:31:42 PM »
I said it was kind of hard sometimes.  Some weeks there just isn't any news that screams "HOT TOPIC!"  I am open to feedback, and my PM box is always open.  I think the Hot Topic is an important tangible link between the forums and the front-page, so I want to make sure it's the best it can be.  Keep in mind tho that I need to make it as open as it can be, so non-regulars are drawn to reply.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline GeneralTraag

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2007, 01:49:07 PM »
- Mainly the forums.  I mainly used to come to this site for Radio Trivia, but I have been trying to be more active on the forums now.

-Lack of feature articles and too many press releases.

- More live Radio Trivia, more contests, and more tournaments.

-Too many annoying ads on the front page and on the forums.

5. Why do you visit NWR?
-I visit for the forums and talking about video games with the great group of people on the forums.

- Yes, since I don't visit that many Nintendo news sites. Reviews are great sometimes, but other times I know I will enjoy a game without reading any review for it.  I enjoy the previews sometimes.

- I am not into the current trend of all web design using a strictly blue and white color scheme.  It is way over used on the internet and I never understood why sites limit their design to such an uninspired look.

-I am looking forward to a possible next live radio trivia if there is one.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2007, 03:35:02 PM »

Originally posted by: KashogiStogi

How can you do this, you ask? Well for one, give Kairon and Ceric there props; especially Ceric. He's been manning the sales thread since as long as I can remember.

ehhh hmmm... I think you meant Salesbot  

Offline wulffman04

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2007, 01:41:26 PM »
The personal thoughts and ideas that go into the reviews, previews, impressions...

The inconsistency in reviews (date posted, scoring...)

Roundtables, interviews, specials ooh ooh and PRIZES!

4. Do you think there's anything we do too much of?  If yes, what?
You can never have too much of a good thing

5. Why do you visit NWR?
For the personal opinions of the staff and the community. The VC recommendations and the awesome podcast.

It's my first choice for any events and my first choice for reviews. News is mostly a little behind other sites.

Somewhat, i like the appearance and easy access of the new news, reviews... I would like to see a section for upcoming release dates and maybe upcoming reviews/previews etc... Also searching for reviews, previews, impressions, and old news is a hassle.

I would like to see some more staff interaction. I don't even know half of these guys. I think a podcast or a special, devoted to introducing these "people," is due.
                                                                                                                                                                              (Edit: added some spaces)
Follow the Hobo <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobo#Hobo_code">Code![/url]

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2007, 02:40:42 AM »
I like to note for the record that the Sales Thread is a team effort and most the credit goes to BnM.  Maybe one day we'll expand...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2007, 06:12:21 AM »
I'm changing my answer.  I really hate the press releases.  I find myself skipping them completely and just jumping right down to the comments.  Can you guys please start to post little summaries of what the hell they're talking about, because I honestly can't be bothered to read them.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2007, 05:57:22 PM »
or atleast bold the interesting parts so that we can skim over it and get a little more from it other than just what the title says.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2007, 02:02:31 AM »
Oh, my bad BnM. I totally forgot about how you use to man the sales thread back in the day.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2007, 06:25:42 AM »
This thread is now famous!

Here is why!

Offline Crimm

• NWR Staff Pro