Author Topic: Breaking News: Sony Pictures Servers Hacked  (Read 76047 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking News: Sony Pictures Servers Hacked
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2014, 09:32:46 PM »
Honestly, I don't think the general population realizes how huge the implications of this is.  The GP is so used to "hack of the week" stories and most folks think this is just another one of them.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2014, 10:09:41 PM »
I wish I didn't live in Nebraska. Out station only ran a 30 second story on this but we devoted two fucking hours to the Huskers new head coach. We did cut into the NASA launch live so that was exciting and I met my first semi-celebrity we had a comedy central comedian on our talk show so that was kind of interesting. But this whole Sony thing is really heating up so I was expecting we would have more info on it but so far we haven't run anything more than just a few clips we got from GMA.

maybe you should show some ambition and write a story about iand submit it to the production people.
make sure you cite all your sources (NWR is not a good source BTW ;) ) and write it up in whatever style the anchors like to deliver it.

Maybe you could get yourself promoted sooner rather than later.
or at the very least, get your name known by someone higher up the food chain.

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2014, 12:30:28 PM »
I should totally do that. I will see what we got going on in the morning and see if I can put something together. At the very least I could pass along the story idea to one of our producers/anchors. I just started my new job last week so I am not even sure I am ready to move up again so soon. Maybe after I do this for a month or so get used to what they consider news. Couldn't hurt to try though.

Doesn't look like it its a go. They want me to master my current position first and get a feel for what is important to our audience. I don't give a **** about corn, corn farmers, or the corn huskers so my chances here are pretty damn slim. Gotta just put in my time till I can go someplace better I guess. Not bashing my employer they are a great place to work its the market we cover that sucks.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 01:42:02 PM by marvel_moviefan_2012 »
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2014, 07:53:50 PM »
you asked about it first?

I probably would have just written something up, left it on the head producers desk when I go in his office to talk about it, and made sure my name was on it, just incase he decided to credit me for doing the legwork first. That way it's already done, it's there for him to look at, and should he decide to hand it off, it's ready to go.

But better luck next time.

« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2014, 08:16:21 PM »
The reason is for national news they just use whatever ABC or CNN is going with, if GMA does a story we might run it but those are up to the producer and the morning show is run by her, nobody else gets there at 3 in the damn morning. The only way they would do something other than pull it down from one of the major sites is if we could put a local spin on it, an angle I had considered but the producer told me that was overstepping my scope and that I needed to master being an AP first before I tackle news story. I did share the idea with the anchor so if she wants to do something with it she gets the final say, its her show. At the very least I will see what she has to say and maybe bring it up to the attention of the morning producer when she gets to work. I don't know I am too new to this I might just let this one go, its not their usual type of story we really are a locally focused station.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2014, 08:49:39 PM »
just let it go. Don't go behind the back on one producer to ask another.

If you already told the anchor, if they show interest, they'll follow it up.

I was just saying that next time, I would have my presentation ready to go instead of just pitching an idea. Give them something tangible to go with, with major online news sources to cite for reference.
That way if something comes up and they need a last minute piece to fill a gap in programming, maybe they will throw someone on that story since most of the leg work was done and all they need to do is verify and fact check.

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2014, 03:04:59 PM »
update. Well the first person I sent the story idea to was the anchor and she is the morning producer too. The person who told me it wasn't a good idea is one of the morning reporters/producers on a different show I work on but his advice was mostly wait till I get more experience as an AP before I try writing. The anchor told me today, if I write it up and turn it in she will go over it with me and see if they can use it. In addition even if that doesn't work out, she did offer me a chance to do a holiday shopping guide for one of the upcoming shows as long as the big boss says it is okay this would be my first shot at real reporting.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2014, 04:34:09 PM »
you are welcome.

I would like a shout out when you become local celebrity.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2014, 10:34:00 PM »
Sony was in talks with Marvel regarding Spidey crossover...
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/12/09/sony-marvel-discussed-spider-man-movie-crossover/

Will update with quotes when done reading and back at a computer. But some tasks about an animated movie and something about bringing back Sam Raimi.

Sony Pictures has considered partnering with Marvel, bringing back director Sam Raimi, and producing an animated comedy as it looks to revamp its big screen strategy for “Spider-Man.”

Details of the discussions are contained in e-mails to and from Sony’s motion picture chief Amy Pascal, which were released on the Internet by hackers this week.

The e-mails reveal extensive discussions between executives at Sony and Marvel owner Walt Disney, all the way up to their respective chief executives Kaz Hirai and Robert Iger.

In an Oct. 30 e-mail, Sony Pictures president Doug Belgrad tells Ms. Pascal about a potential scenario that would see Marvel produce a new trilogy of Spider-Man movies while Sony retains “creative control, marketing and distribution.”

In a separate e-mail, Ms. Pascal tells a business partner that Marvel wanted to include Spider-Man in its planned third “Captain America” movie.

Some fanboys have clamored for Marvel Studios, which producers the blockbuster “Avengers” and “Iron Man” films, to take back control of Spider-Man from Sony, which has a long-term license. Sony’s last Spider-Man movie, “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” received a mixed reaction from fans and modestly underperformed at the box office.

The talks with Marvel eventually broke down and Sony is now planning to go ahead with its own Spider-Man slate, according to people familiar with the matter. As of late November, executives were planning a “Spidey summit” for January to discuss future plans. Among projects in development are an animated Spider-Man comedy that would be produced by Chris Miller and Phil Lord, the team behind “22 Jump Street” and “The Lego Movie,” as well as previously disclosed Spider-Man spin-offs focused on villain team Sinister Six, super-foe Venom, and women from the webslinger’s life.

Ms. Pascal also talked to Sam Raimi, who directed the studio’s first three “Spider-Man” movies, about returning to the franchise, possibly to direct again or as a producer.

Now I hope Spidey fails in Sony's hands. Although an animated feature might not be a bad way for then to go for a few movies.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:41:03 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2014, 10:38:41 PM »
It was Obvious that Spider-man wasn't going to happen sadly. BlackPanther will probably play the role that peter played in the civil war comic book.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2014, 10:45:03 PM »
But now we know all the rumors were true.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2014, 10:51:04 PM »
Well, the problem with the rumor and why Marvel would not go for that is simple.

Sony wanted to keep creative control.  If I was Marvel, I would let Sony keep production and distribution control, and profits but demand creative control and usage in Marvel universe.  Just basically tell Sony..."Look you suck at making Spiderman.  Let us make it for you and you get the money, but you have to take the monetary risks and investments...which isn't a risk, because well look at our track record."

But Sony would never go for that anyway.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2014, 11:35:01 PM »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2014, 02:41:42 PM »

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2014, 01:18:55 AM »
Sony making a Mario Bros. animated movie?

http://kotaku.com/report-sony-making-super-mario-bros-cartoon-1670192558/all

The film, which the emails say will be animated, is only in the very earliest stages of production, with no personnel currently attached (though there are daydreams that Samurai Jack's Genndy Tartakovsky might be tempted).

Yet the Buzzfeed report says they "could not find any emails in which anyone at Sony Pictures expressed concern about any conflicts with their video game corporate cousin Sony Computer Entertainment, which is a direct competitor with Nintendo."

« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 01:21:37 AM by Soren »
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2014, 01:24:13 AM »
I bet they would do it better than most, and I'm sure Disney isn't interested at the moment.... (still waiting on Mushroom Kingdom Hearts).

and I had just come in here to post that the Sony Chairman Amy Pascal (who made emails about Obama and more all linked in previous post) has decided to own the incident and speak about it.
http://deadline.com/2014/12/amy-pascal-breaks-silence-sony-hacking-1201321005/

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2014, 01:31:52 AM »
Sony was also hacked in February and we're only just finding out about it now. This is getting worse by the day.

http://gawker.com/sony-was-hacked-in-february-and-chose-to-stay-silent-1670025366
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2014, 01:40:12 AM »
Sony making a Mario Bros. animated movie?

http://kotaku.com/report-sony-making-super-mario-bros-cartoon-1670192558/all

The film, which the emails say will be animated, is only in the very earliest stages of production, with no personnel currently attached (though there are daydreams that Samurai Jack's Genndy Tartakovsky might be tempted).

Yet the Buzzfeed report says they "could not find any emails in which anyone at Sony Pictures expressed concern about any conflicts with their video game corporate cousin Sony Computer Entertainment, which is a direct competitor with Nintendo."

Thinking this over, I really can't picture a compelling Mario 3D animated movie....

now if they did a Samus/Metroid movie, a Link/Zelda movie or maybe even a StarFox movie.... or better yet, a Nintendoverse movie in the vein of maybe The LEGO Movie, where Mario gets caught up in a whimsical adventure that takes him into all sorts of **** and lands in him all of Nintendo's properties to resolve it, involving all he comes across, then maybe that will work. But just Mario & Luigi.... in the mushroom kingdom.... I'm just not seeing it.

what will be interesting though, is who get the game rights to the movie? and will it appear on a system other than a Nintendo one?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2014, 02:08:41 PM »
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/12/09/sony-marvel-discussed-spider-man-movie-crossover/

Looks like The Russo Bros. were in talks with Sony as well to produce the Marvel/Sony Spider-man movies and take it out of the hands of Avi Arad.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/news/?a=112313

The real juicy stuff are from the discussions between Sony Entertainment Chairman Amy Pascal and the Captain America: The Winter Soldier directors Anthony and Joe Russo that took place last month. The Russo brothers begin their email to Pascal with, "A pity that negotiations with Marvel did not work." They're referring to the proposed deal with Marvel Studios that would have brought Spider-Man into the Marvel cinematic universe by giving him a cameo in Captain America: Civil War. They then let Pascal know that they will be directing Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 and Part 2, but that obligation won't prevent them from directing The Gray Man beforehand for Sony. Then on November 17, Joe Russo sent Pascal an email offering to have him and his brother produce Sony's Spider-Man films through their newly-formed production company, Bullitt. He acknowledges that a "difficult conversation" would have to take place with current Spider-Man producers Matt Tolmach and Avi Arad, but Russo says it would be a "conversation worth having." As far as overtice.com knows, Pascal never replied to Russo's offer. Keep in mind, Sony's computer system was shutdown just a week after Russo sent that email, so Pascal very well could have by now.

Brazilian website, overtice.com, came across some other great tidbits. In previous emails, Pascal begged Sam Raimi to help her with Spidey but in another email she tells a Sony exec that she doesn't need his help because he went "Joel Schumacher on the third." I'm sure Raimi won't like being compared to the Batman & Robin director. In a separate email, Avi Arad begs Pascal to give him the green light on a Venom movie because the toys and video games based on the character are popular. Lastly, Motion Picture Group President Jeff Robinov warns Pascal not to make a deal with Marvel, but you have to question his advice as he still thinks Stan Lee can create more characters in the Spider-Man universe for Sony. Check out all of those emails by clicking here.

considering this is all so recent... maybe the deal could still be on the table.
It's probably a little late to shoehorn Spider-man back into CA:CW in the capacity they originally imagined for him, or maybe not, but Marvel w/ creative control over usage of Spider-man, and Sony taking that "silent" partner and profit position sounds so damn good in comparison to how things are now.

the last 3 spider-man movies have gone from terrible to so bad it was almost entertaining, but in all the wrong ways, so this kind of change would be amazing. Fully onboard with The Russos taking over production as well, since Avi Arad apparently has been a big problem with most of the past Spidey movies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2014, 02:53:39 PM »
Sony Hack brings more movie news to light: Star Wars, Ghostbusters and more.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/12/12/shocking-new-reveals-from-sony-hack-j-law-pitt-clooney-and-comparing-fincher-to-hitler.html?via=twitter_page

Star Wars:
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’re probably aware that Star Wars: The Force Awakens, J.J. Abrams’s continuation of the Star Wars story, will hit theaters late next year, and there are several other planned Star Wars films by Rian Johnson (Looper), Gareth Edwards (Godzilla), and Josh Trank (Chronicle). An email dated September 20, 2014, from Michael De Luca, President of Production for Columbia Pictures, to Amy Pascal discusses the plans for Disney’s upcoming Star wars films—and may have spilled some interesting new details.

“Star Wars: Any studio would have lost josh trank and rian Johnson to this, it's freaking Star Wars. Your After Earth writer Gary Whitta is writing Gareth Edwards stand alone Star Wars film. Simon Kinberg is writing Josh Tranks. No one knows what they're about but Boba Fett is rumored to be the subject of one. Rian Johnson as you know is doing the main ones, episodes 8 and 9 of the Luke and Leia story lines, after JJ. Not sure anything is gained by looking at what Lucasfilm is doing except we are stalking all these people too, except Whitta whom I think blows.”

Ghostbusters:
The Ghostbusters Film May Star Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone, and Melissa McCarthy

An email dated October 8, 2014, from Pascal to Ivan Reitman, director/producer of the original Ghostbusters film, revealed some key details about the planned reboot, scheduled for release ideally sometime in summer 2016:

“Agree that everyone is way too nervous about how this issue and how we. present it but it's isn't a sequel to the 80s movies and it is gonna be totally original with completely different characters and our job is to find a clever way to connect the movie to the original franchise so that we can use all the assets and everything that is great about the original franchise,” the email read. “Paul's movie is gonna be the first one and from what I'm hearing jennifer lawrence and Emma stone and Melissa McCarthy and Amy schumer and liszzy [Lizzy] Kaplan just to name a few have already said thy wanted to be in....”

more at the link above.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 02:57:19 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2014, 06:10:10 PM »

Looks like The Russo Bros. were in talks with Sony as well to produce the Marvel/Sony Spider-man movies and take it out of the hands of Avi Arad.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/news/?a=112313

The real juicy stuff are from the discussions between Sony Entertainment Chairman Amy Pascal and the Captain America: The Winter Soldier directors Anthony and Joe Russo that took place last month. The Russo brothers begin their email to Pascal with, "A pity that negotiations with Marvel did not work." They're referring to the proposed deal with Marvel Studios that would have brought Spider-Man into the Marvel cinematic universe by giving him a cameo in Captain America: Civil War. They then let Pascal know that they will be directing Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 and Part 2, but that obligation won't prevent them from directing The Gray Man beforehand for Sony. Then on November 17, Joe Russo sent Pascal an email offering to have him and his brother produce Sony's Spider-Man films through their newly-formed production company, Bullitt. He acknowledges that a "difficult conversation" would have to take place with current Spider-Man producers Matt Tolmach and Avi Arad, but Russo says it would be a "conversation worth having." As far as overtice.com knows, Pascal never replied to Russo's offer. Keep in mind, Sony's computer system was shutdown just a week after Russo sent that email, so Pascal very well could have by now.

Brazilian website, overtice.com, came across some other great tidbits. In previous emails, Pascal begged Sam Raimi to help her with Spidey but in another email she tells a Sony exec that she doesn't need his help because he went "Joel Schumacher on the third." I'm sure Raimi won't like being compared to the Batman & Robin director. In a separate email, Avi Arad begs Pascal to give him the green light on a Venom movie because the toys and video games based on the character are popular. Lastly, Motion Picture Group President Jeff Robinov warns Pascal not to make a deal with Marvel, but you have to question his advice as he still thinks Stan Lee can create more characters in the Spider-Man universe for Sony. Check out all of those emails by clicking here.

considering this is all so recent... maybe the deal could still be on the table.
It's probably a little late to shoehorn Spider-man back into CA:CW in the capacity they originally imagined for him, or maybe not, but Marvel w/ creative control over usage of Spider-man, and Sony taking that "silent" partner and profit position sounds so damn good in comparison to how things are now.

the last 3 spider-man movies have gone from terrible to so bad it was almost entertaining, but in all the wrong ways, so this kind of change would be amazing. Fully onboard with The Russos taking over production as well, since Avi Arad apparently has been a big problem with most of the past Spidey movies.

Re: a Marvel/Sony movie, just wanted to point this out from the Latino-review leak
http://www.latino-review.com/news/marvel-wants-a-fresh-start-with-spider-man-without-andrew-garfield
IF the Marvel/Sony deal were to go forward, Andrew Garfield would no longer be Peter Parker and any baggage from existing films, Raimi or Webb, would be non-canonical, Marvel doesn't want any part of those films. The idea is that the Spider-Man romance movie has been played out over five installments, so any new Spider-Man films would focus on the difficulties of being a teenager and a superhero with a romance side-story, not the film's focus. Marvel also thinks that the origin story is well-trodden territory, so any Spider-Man movies under this deal would begin with Peter Parker already leading a dual life.

really hope that if Marvel can't get it back outright, that this deal finds a way to happen.... with a clause in there that after 3 movies, rights fully revert back to Marvel

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2014, 08:25:56 PM »
Weird question... does all this make anyone more/less likely to see The Interview?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.