Author Topic: Developer feedback on "Wii"?  (Read 11133 times)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE:Developer feedback on "Wii"?
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2006, 04:07:11 PM »

Originally posted by: heinous_anus

And Kairon, I like how you compare this situation to the Iraq occupation...yeah, I see the similarities... :P

^_^

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline 31 Flavas

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2006, 05:06:19 PM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane

They need to get people back.  I think that requires something positive that jumps out and makes people pay attention.  I think "Wii" will maintain the status quo.
Honestly, I think you worry too much about everything. The same could be said for a majority of people and not just for PGC members either. E3 is just 7 days (1 week) away! Rejoice and not just about Nintendo either, rejoice about everything else happening there that is important to you. Hurra!  
"Once 6 A.M roles around on Friday it's like a human tsunami and everything will be taken within minutes." -- Luigi Dude

Offline heinous_anus

• View Profile
RE: Developer feedback on "Wii"?
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2006, 05:59:27 PM »
^If you think about it, all of us dudes that are continuing to fan the flames on this (non?)issue are actually doing the entire PGC community a favor - our recent tendency to vehemently discuss the name choice and its effects/non-effects also serves as a distraction to the upcoming event.  I'd be dying of impatience if not for these threads

Just a thought - oh, wrong thread, but does anyone know if G4 is gonna like cover Nintendo's (or anyone else's, for that matter) presentation on...Tuesday, right?

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2006, 06:04:30 PM »
I haven't got word on a free live stream yet from anybody..  
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2006, 06:48:36 PM »
Hey Heinous, you may be on to something . It does serve as a nice diversion so E3 will come alittle quicker for some of us.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2006, 07:38:02 PM »

Originally posted by: The Omen
I'm not embarrassed.  I don't think anyone on either side of the argument will be embarrassed over it.  I just think it sounds stupid.  Is that opinion okay?  Or should I wait three months? Besides, if you're so calm and cool with the name, then why get defensive like it's a personal attack on you?

While we're being psychoanalytical, let me point out that everytime someone says the name sounds stupid, what I think they're really saying is the name sounds different. In a few months, when we're all used to the name, I doubt it will sound that stupid to anyone.

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"Well if we are going to break down the wall that seperates gamers from non-gamers... Shouldn't we also break the image/reality that video gamers are elitest pricks? And what better way would there be, then making video gamers, even Nintendo video gamers, deal with and get over their insecurities by naming the next must gotta have system something that evokes these insecurities?"

I think that is far too clever to be a successful marketing campaign.  Marketing needs to be dumbed down because only idiots respond well to it.  Smart people are intelligent enough to form their own opinions regardless of what a commercial tells them to.

Well, that's one of the nice things about Wii: it's like cleverness for dumb people. Put "Together, Wii will change everything" on a bus, and people will eat it up. I'll eat it up. ('ooo, it's like We, except with two i's instead of an e! Because that's the name of the product! What is this mysterious and clever product, anyway? Whatever it is, I need 2!')
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2006, 07:44:07 PM »

While we're being psychoanalytical, let me point out that everytime someone says the name sounds stupid, what I think they're really saying is the name sounds different. In a few months, when we're all used to the name, I doubt it will sound that stupid to anyone.

I also think Blanch is a stupid name.  It is possible to be both stupid and different.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates