Author Topic: F-Zero  (Read 11149 times)

Offline telaris

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
F-Zero
« on: August 26, 2003, 02:01:59 PM »
 Damn this game is selling like hot cakes. I thought this would be more of a sleeper game but both my GameStop and BestBuy retailers sold out this morning. I probably wont be able to get Soul Calibur 2 tomorrow either. Man I hate people! Does anyone else share my pain?

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: F-Zero
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 02:15:29 PM »
That's why it's wise to pre-order.

Offline NintendoFanGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 03:30:05 PM »
My Fred Meyer had F-Zero, but I didn't want to pay $49.99 (hoping for a bargain).

Offline Sirmorphix

• View Profile
RE:F-Zero
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 03:33:51 PM »
Bleh I got ripped for F-Zero, but it was well worth it.  So when I get ripped off again in a day or two for Soul CaliburII, I won't feel as bad knowing that I paid at least that much for F-Zero.
---
Electronic Arts Canada
---

Offline telaris

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2003, 04:08:16 PM »
howd u get ripped off? Cause you didnt like the game

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2003, 04:12:44 PM »
Probably bought it an expensive retailer, or something. How could anyone not like F-Zero?
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline NintendoFanGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2003, 04:31:14 PM »
I think he was trying to say he paid full price, but it was worth it.

Offline Ms.Pikmin

• Ow, my GOB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2003, 04:40:20 PM »
telaris, try calling toys r us.  I know that just because mine is well stocked doesn't mean yours will be but you may want to try.  Also you could try Target.

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2003, 05:36:49 PM »
i got it at my electronics boutique- they had a few copies left and many pre-ordered
all i have to say is that the game is very fast- and tons of fun
i call the big one bitey.

Offline vroenis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2003, 05:55:44 PM »
well i hope you're all enjoying it, australia won't be seeing it until 'october' (no date) though the release schedule means less than nothing.
sorry - i'm really pissed at nintendo at the moment for our release dates - that's assuming we get games at all, and that we get more than one shipment.
australia, the land of the cubeless pagans.
games
abstraction

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2003, 06:51:14 PM »
Well you could always buy it from Ebay (assuming they make some sort of NTSC freeloader). Most sellers ship internationally and you could probably get it for $50 USD or less.

Offline vroenis

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2003, 07:22:35 PM »
i know, but that's aus$100, plus another aus$80 for the freeloader - especailly when pn03 is supposed to be out this week, plus soul calibur in a few weeks time.  i would prefer to support the local nintendo market here, but at this rate yeah, i probably will need to start importing - no choice.
australia, the land of the cubeless pagans.
games
abstraction

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2003, 07:22:44 PM »
i cant really be bothered with the hassel of importing games that i know will eventually come out here, i can wait a few months...

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2003, 08:19:06 PM »
I just have two questions that suddenly appeared to me: is F-Zero AX coming to North America? And wasn't a card supposed to come with the game should that it would be used with the arcade game?

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2003, 08:37:19 PM »
Vroenis, you might want to pass on PN03. The Japanese gave it a lukewarm response, and Game Informer (Unreliable but they have a review nonetheless) gave it a 6 at best. I'd just as soon wait for Viewtiful Joe but its your money...

I was lucky to get F-Zero today (or yesterday?) I walked in to Gamestop, and had a handful left. Simply put...this ain't Mario Kart. Prepare to learn some technique, and don't comfy when the you take the lead. One full second is the difference between 1st and 12th place.

As far as AX, it seems September will the month it graces arcades. Now all you need is to find those arcades

The card you're talking about is probably the liscense card you get when you first play AX. Its like a memory card so you can get the unlockables in the arcade. I'm just worried its gonna cost a dollar a pop, and if GX is any indication...I better start saving a stash when it comes out!
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Griffin

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2003, 10:01:27 PM »
Actually, I believe you only need to have one license card, but I'm not sure. From what it seems, the card's info can be changed, and you also get to use the memory card to transfer stuff....man, this game is fun! Just beat Chapter 2 on story mode (man, that was tricky!).
INCONCEIVABLE!!!

AC Info:

Name: Mike
Town: PhatCave

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2003, 03:23:18 AM »
I'm gonna go try to snag F-Zero today - WITHOUT A PREORDER! I'VE GONE MAD

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2003, 05:00:50 AM »
I didnt see a license card for the arcades or whatever in my game, is it hidden somewhere? I didnt pre-order this game, but lukilly my gamestop had some extra copies yesterday. What can I say about this game? It is sooo fast and the graphics are great. I beat the first cup on novice the first time I played and got all the way to Mute City (Serial Gaps) before I got completely owned. I must have practiced that track like 20 times before I completed it, with all the jumps. Some of the levels have no guard rails.

The best part is that you get to take out you opponents and it even shows the total number of racers (30) go down as vehicles are destroyed.

You cant even blink or you will crash everything is going so fast, and the 360 z-turn looks so cool, although it is awkward to do for me 'cause of the placement of the z button.

The worst part about this game is that it has ruined me for any other racing games (not counting mario kart of course).

Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline Toolvana

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2003, 05:07:03 AM »
F-Zero GX is excellent! The speed at which this game moves is just insane. We had some 3 player racing action last night, and the framerate never skips a beat. Great game.  

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2003, 08:04:32 AM »
You are making me want this game more. STOP, my head will explode.

Offline Griffin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2003, 08:44:23 AM »
I have to say my favorite level so far is Fire Field, even though I still can't pass the sapphire cup, I play FF on time attack a lot. I have some questions though, are there any hidden levels that can be unlocked, or are those 15 it? Second, I read in the manual that you get tickets for completing chapters in story mode, cup races, and time attacks. However, I can never seem to get anything for setting records in time attack...anyone know if you really can earn tickets in that mode?

There's so much to unlock...
INCONCEIVABLE!!!

AC Info:

Offline Jdub03

• Bert Stanton speaking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2003, 09:01:46 AM »
There are 20 courses.  It says it on the back of the box.  Today I just spent 140 bucks on soul calibur, limited edition soul calibur strategy guide complete with full game soundtrack and link artwork, F-zero, 5 T-shirts, and a belt.  I think im through with buying games for a couple of months.  I had to get those two to tide me over until mario kart.
How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2003, 09:38:55 AM »
After you beat the three cups on normal you unlock the diamond cup, and then after you beat all 4 cups on master you get the AX cup. There are also AX parts and pilots to unlock, but you have to beat the story mode on hard. You get 20 tickets for beating a cup on normal difficulty, and that is do-able after some practice.
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline Round Eye

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2003, 09:46:10 AM »

Originally posted by: DRJ
After you beat the three cups on normal you unlock the diamond cup, and then after you beat all 4 cups on master you get the AX cup. There are also AX parts and pilots to unlock, but you have to beat the story mode on hard. You get 20 tickets for beating a cup on normal difficulty, and that is do-able after some practice.

Whoa, this game could take some time, just played it for a couple of hours but found the easy level to be a decent challenge.  Beat the ruby cup fairly easy, beat the samuri gomorah ambush after more than a couple of tries, getting rocked in the tube level on the second cup after ruby.  The game is crazy fun though, with a capital 'K'.  Crazy fast, crazy cool, crazy crazy.   I might actually need to read the instructions for this game, because there is so much going on in it.

later
There are two types of people in the world.  Those who finish what they started, and so on...

Offline Griffin

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2003, 11:57:28 AM »
I'm a little worried, I played through the ruby cup (first one) about 7 times I think, and I stopped getting new machine parts in, so I decided to try the Sapphire cup to see if any others would appear, but I didn't get anything when I got first place...Anyone know how many ship parts you get total?
INCONCEIVABLE!!!

AC Info: