Author Topic: Dolby Pro Logic 2 HELP  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Piposan

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Dolby Pro Logic 2 HELP
« on: November 21, 2003, 04:06:38 AM »
I just got a Dolby pro Logic 2 system last night

Link

I've been trying to get my Gamecube to work with it. I've been using the surround sound tester from Soul Calibur 2 but it seems that  cannot get it to work properly. I'm just wondering if I'm missing something? Do i need to activate the Dolby Pro Logic on the Gamecube also or is there an option for that in the Gamecube setup sceen? Or maybe i need to hold on a button while starting the Gamecube.

Does anyone know about how to set it up properly?

Thanks.

Offline NoVisAnima

• View Profile
RE:Dolby Pro Logic 2 HELP
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 05:16:12 AM »
If your reciever is capable of Dolby Prologic 2 (DPL2) you have to set the mode for it to DPL2 movie mode for the sound to be correct. The gamecube will just produce dpl2 when it is set to do so in game.

DPL2 is just a way of putting information for the other surround channels on top of the channels from the GC, so long as the stereo rca plugs are connected to the reciever (i'm not sure which of those you've got) once that input is selected (on the reciever) you should get sound out. Just set the reciever to decode pro logic 2 and it *should* just work.

GL

Offline Piposan

• View Profile
RE:Dolby Pro Logic 2 HELP
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2003, 07:04:55 AM »
Thank you. I'm gonna try right away.  

Ok i got it working properly. thanks for the help.  

Offline Jdub03

• Bert Stanton speaking.
    • View Profile
RE: Dolby Pro Logic 2 HELP
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2003, 11:40:56 AM »
Just to let you know, I think this thread belongs in technical discussion.
How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. - Abraham Lincoln