Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 501532 times)

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Re: Looks like Nintendo is prepping Club Nintendo in NA
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2008, 03:01:00 PM »
I'm able to fill out surveys now, things are a bit buggy still, but I bet I will be able to finish them all either tonight or this week at least. There's some stuff I have that isn't on my list- I hope I can add them. I'm glad this is up and running so fast, I wonder how often new prizes will be added.

yeah i agree. I guess Nintendo expected to release this next week or something and didn't expect people to find out and slam the website so fast.

Mr. Game and Watch collection seems cool but once I'm done with the tedious act of survey's I'll probably save them for something better in the future.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2008, 03:06:13 PM »
This is really weird, now not only is it logging me out all the time, half the time it says my username and password aren't valid, despite the fact that they're both saved by Firefox and entered in automatically which would eliminate the possibility of typos.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2008, 03:07:28 PM »
I've found that the Nintendo website doesn't always work properly with Firefox (or Opera, funny enough).  Unfortunately, IE seems to be the way to go.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2008, 03:13:32 PM »
The FAQ says the site was built for IE7, Firefox, and Safari.

J.P. Corbran

Offline White Mage

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2008, 03:35:06 PM »
Gah!  I don't know why I keep attempting to get the site to work.  I should just wait until the weekend but there's something about the idea of getting fake coins that really appeals to me.  Unfortunately, instead of kicking me off after I click onto a new page, it simply won't log into my account.

yeah i agree. I guess Nintendo expected to release this next week or something and didn't expect people to find out and slam the website so fast.

That's gotta be what it is.  It seems like they rushed it out and forgot to make sure it was actually working.
Wii Code:  5059 7465 0039 6632
The Conduit: 1419 7264 9585
AC: City Folk 0388 2629 6780 | Name: Matthew | Town: Adatopia

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2008, 04:03:03 PM »
When has Nintendo ever rushed a product out the door?

J.P. Corbran

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2008, 04:09:17 PM »
Because they're obviously Beta Testing the whole site now.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Tanookisuit

• View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2008, 05:13:45 PM »
Yeah, I can't even get on anymore. 

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2008, 06:39:02 PM »
Yeah, it doesn't seem to accept my login even though I transferred accounts.

Man those DS Game + Stylus cases are hot though.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2008, 07:31:15 PM »
I want bigger pictures of all this stuff

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2008, 07:37:32 PM »
None of this prize stuff really interests me. Can I sell things to UncleBob?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2008, 11:26:40 PM »
YES!   I want more stuff than I have points...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2008, 12:35:24 AM »
YES!   I want more stuff than I have points...

Maybe we should all pool our points and help UncleBob build up a perfect collection?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2008, 12:45:16 AM »
I'm all for it! ;)

I want the cards (to go with my Nintendo cards collection) and I don't have enough for them (yet).  I can't decide if I want to get the US version of Game and Watch, since I've already got the Japanese version...  I mean, I know I want to get it, but I only have so many points... ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2008, 01:47:53 AM »
I'm all for it! ;)

I want the cards (to go with my Nintendo cards collection) and I don't have enough for them (yet).  I can't decide if I want to get the US version of Game and Watch, since I've already got the Japanese version...  I mean, I know I want to get it, but I only have so many points... ;)

So are the 3 g & w on that ds card worth it ? Or is it purely novelty and collectable sake and the actual games on it are not worth while.

Nintendo can fit ALL OF THE GAME AND WATCH games on a DS cartridge I have no clue why they limited it to 3. Wasn't the game and watch games like a Kilobite of data or something I remember hearing they released in the 70's or something.

I played the game and watch game that was in the pack for the e-reader and it was neat for like 3 minutes and i never touched it after.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2008, 02:26:23 AM »
The Game & Watch collection contains only three games? That's kind of disappointing. Even the original Game & Watch Gallery for the Game Boy had four games on it, including modernized versions of each game which made them more complex yet also easier.

I think I'll hold off on registering and hope that they add some more stuff soon.

Offline Larson

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2008, 04:10:16 AM »
Finally got all my surveys taken and coins received! 800 coins on the dot, all from previously registered games. Not sure if I want any of the current prizes though ... hoping for more/better prizes in the future. :)

Still wish my GameCube games counted... :(

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2008, 10:19:37 AM »
Okay, in regards to the Game and Watch Collection.

If you're wanting a fun, worthwhile game, this isn't it.  By a long shot.  Seriously, if this came out in stores, people would throw a fit if it were $10.  Most of the people who get it will play it for about five minutes, then toss it aside.

HOWEVER - from either a collector's or a Game & Watch fan's point of view, it's awesome-sauce.  Completely faithful renditions of original dual-screen'd Game & Watch games.

Basically, if you want some nostalgia or early Nintendo throwbacks, but still want a fun game, find yourself a copy of Game & Watch Gallery 4 (the GBA title).  It's loads of fun and includes 15 different games, 6 of which feature the original and full-color "modern" versions of the games.

If you want something awesome that you can sit on your shelves and be all "look what I got, I'm so awesome", then get this. ;)

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2008, 10:25:29 AM »
So it'd look good next to my copy of Elektroplankton then?

Nintendo can fit ALL OF THE GAME AND WATCH games on a DS cartridge I have no clue why they limited it to 3. Wasn't the game and watch games like a Kilobite of data or something I remember hearing they released in the 70's or something.
BACK THEN they were. Back then they had custom pictures for the screen so the code was essentially binary. Hell it probably was written in binary. Now they have to recreate each of those sprites, each of which would be like a 4kbgif. OH WAIT THEY COUDL STILL FIT IN EVERY GMEAND WATCH GAME AND MAKE IT AN UNLOCKABLE EXTRA IN PHANTOM HOURGLASS I AM SO ANGRY NOW.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 10:28:53 AM by RABicle »
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2008, 10:40:24 AM »
So it'd look good next to my copy of Elektroplankton then?

I don't think I'd even go that far.  I spent far more time on Electroplankton than G&W Collection 1 & 2 combined... ;)

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2008, 10:54:37 AM »
If it had ALL OF THEM than I would be more inclined to get it.  I heard they have a version of Zelda and Mario or something. Anyway as is i love G&W in Smash but not enough to waste so many points for .

Speaking of points, now the website is worse than before.
Yesterday I could go in and attempt to take survey's but it always threw me out, now the Survey's are all GONE. The single survey I did do I got credit for, but I don't have the option to go back. WTF.

I'm going to wait a little longer and hope Nintendo fixes things. This is really getting annoying.

Offline White Mage

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2008, 11:02:13 AM »
If it had ALL OF THEM than I would be more inclined to get it.  I heard they have a version of Zelda and Mario or something. Anyway as is i love G&W in Smash but not enough to waste so many points for .

Speaking of points, now the website is worse than before.
Yesterday I could go in and attempt to take survey's but it always threw me out, now the Survey's are all GONE. The single survey I did do I got credit for, but I don't have the option to go back. WTF.

I'm going to wait a little longer and hope Nintendo fixes things. This is really getting annoying.

Yeah, it is really bad today.  I can't even log in.  I punch "sign in" and all I get is the never ending blue loading circle that eventually leads to nothing.  I wonder how long the site is going to be like this?  Not that I'm in any real rush to complete all my surveys, but it would be nice if something worked correctly when it was released.
Wii Code:  5059 7465 0039 6632
The Conduit: 1419 7264 9585
AC: City Folk 0388 2629 6780 | Name: Matthew | Town: Adatopia

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2008, 11:09:54 AM »
If it had ALL OF THEM than I would be more inclined to get it.  I heard they have a version of Zelda and Mario or something. Anyway as is i love G&W in Smash but not enough to waste so many points for.

Check the Wiki article for a list of the various G&W ports and what they've got on them.

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2008, 11:40:24 AM »
The G&W collection would be a lot more worthwhile if it included Zelda. That was really high-end as far as Game & Watch games go.

UncleBob is insane if he thinks getting the US version is a good idea when he already has the Japanese version, since they'll almost certainly be virtually identical.

I want the hanafuda cards.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2008, 11:43:28 AM »
UncleBob is insane if he thinks getting the US version is a good idea when he already has the Japanese version, since they'll almost certainly be virtually identical.

You must be new.  Welcome. :)