Author Topic: Animal Crossing: City Folk  (Read 494415 times)

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
Re: Animal Crossing: City Folk
« Reply #375 on: December 15, 2008, 07:04:18 PM »
The only "wild" animal is that bird sitting on the Bulletin board outside of Town Hall :P
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 15, 2008, 07:13:40 PM »
You'll starve the wild animals by eliminating their food source by letting all of it rot on the ground! =(

Also the fruit must be set free. How would you like to be stuck in a tree? Yeah I thought so!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 15, 2008, 11:24:46 PM »
The bundle is a better buy because it is cheaper than buying the wiispeak and game separately.

I visited Bill's village. I got Greenie!It is currently on my flag.I saw some shooting stars in the night sky.GP was there when I got there.Insanolord arrived after me.GP was quite mischievous. Myself,Bill and GP took snapshots of our Greenie T-shirts. We had lots of fun.We checked out Bill's house.I love his house!
One of my residents, Kody, started sporting Greenie as his shirt, after I put it on display at Able Sisters.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 15, 2008, 11:33:19 PM »
I'm using Wii Speak as well.  I've been pretty surprised at how well it works. 

Just don't hook it up for the first while playing and while someone is visiting, when Bill came to visit there was a lot of squeelly noise.  Hopefully it was just a temporary thing.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 15, 2008, 11:36:49 PM »
when Bill came to visit there was a lot of squeelly noise.

That's just Bill making the noise to mess with you.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline White Mage

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 16, 2008, 10:14:48 AM »
Has anyone caught a Ceolacanth yet?  For some reason, every time I think I'm going to get one, I miss it somehow.  It's obviously a ceolacanth because the shadow is pretty huge, but when the lure goes under and I press A or jerk the controller, it misses.  It's happened about 4 or 5 times now and I'm getting frustrated.  Is there a different timing issue when trying to catch it?  I don't have any problems catching the various other fish (stringfish included).  And I don't remember having this much trouble with it on the Gamecube game.

Maybe I'm just slow.
Wii Code:  5059 7465 0039 6632
The Conduit: 1419 7264 9585
AC: City Folk 0388 2629 6780 | Name: Matthew | Town: Adatopia

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 16, 2008, 12:14:37 PM »
Has anyone caught a Ceolacanth yet?  For some reason, every time I think I'm going to get one, I miss it somehow.  It's obviously a ceolacanth because the shadow is pretty huge, but when the lure goes under and I press A or jerk the controller, it misses.  It's happened about 4 or 5 times now and I'm getting frustrated.  Is there a different timing issue when trying to catch it?  I don't have any problems catching the various other fish (stringfish included).  And I don't remember having this much trouble with it on the Gamecube game.

Maybe I'm just slow.

At first I had trouble but now I seldom miss them. There are other fish I have trouble with though. I think they may be the shark.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 16, 2008, 12:43:04 PM »

Maybe I'm just slow.

I haven't been able to catch one either, which is annoying, and the fact that it has to be raining or snowing as well just doubles the frustration.  I also need a popeyed goldfish and a pale chub.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 16, 2008, 02:01:31 PM »

Maybe I'm just slow.

Coelacanth bail out of a bite MUCH faster than other fish.  All I can really give for advice is to make sure that the fish has actually bitten the lure (this is tough because you instinctively yank the pole as soon as you see it go "down", when the fish might have just been playing with it)...But yeah, the main issue is that you need to be fast...

At first I had trouble but now I seldom miss them. There are other fish I have trouble with though. I think they may be the shark.

Sharks aren't until Summer, so I doubt it!

I haven't been able to catch one either, which is annoying, and the fact that it has to be raining or snowing as well just doubles the frustration.  I also need a popeyed goldfish and a pale chub.

These are day fish, so you won't be able to catch them after 4 PM, just so you know...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 03:39:30 PM by Bill Aurion »
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline White Mage

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 16, 2008, 03:38:35 PM »
Coelacanth, bail out of a bite MUCH faster than other fish.  All I can really give for advice is to make sure that the fish has actually bitten the lure (this is tough because you instinctively yank the pole as soon as you see it go "down", when the fish might have just been playing with it)...But yeah, the main issue is that you need to be fast...

Thanks for the advice.  Hopefully it starts snowing again tonight so I can try to catch it again.  I never thought that something in an Animal Crossing game would be so difficult to accomplish.  Time consuming and tedious maybe, but never difficult!

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 16, 2008, 06:40:04 PM »
Got me a Coelacanth.  I have pictos to show too. ^_^

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #386 on: December 16, 2008, 06:47:38 PM »
when Bill came to visit there was a lot of squeelly noise.

That's just Bill making the noise to mess with you.

And yet he complains when people trap him in a hole barrier...*shakes head
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 16, 2008, 09:23:39 PM »
Is it intentional or a cool coincidence that the constellation that I just made is best viewed on my birthday?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #388 on: December 17, 2008, 01:08:04 AM »
I visited General Traag today he has a nice house.Lots of Mario items.After that he visited my village.He got some designs.
After he left I went to S_B village.I got lots of different insects and fish. I left him some pears. I got an apple.I had fun there.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 01:14:46 AM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline White Mage

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 17, 2008, 10:00:07 AM »
I finally caught a ceolacanth this morning , thanks to the advice from Bill.  Just being patient and making sure it really had the lure was all it took.  There's a picture over in the eternal love & snapshot thread along with some random others.

I also finally met Phineas today and got a bubble wand.  Those two things pretty much made it the best day of Animal Crossing thus far.  Now if Nook would only upgrade.

Also, you know how a path starts to form when you walk/run over a certain area time and time again?  Does that ever get covered back up from another snowfall?  The only reason I ask is because my town is starting to look kinda dirty instead of the nice white winter setting it once was.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #390 on: December 17, 2008, 11:09:17 AM »
Great job White Mage!About the paths.Maybe if you don't visit your town for a few days the snow will cover it.I'm not sure.

Nook's Cranny is going to be remodeled tomorrow.So If you want to stop by I have a Cabin Couch and some carpet and wallpaper.Respond here or PM me if ya wanna visit.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Gylldas

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 17, 2008, 11:53:44 AM »
From what I've heard the grass/snow comes back faster than it turns into paths.  I guess you just have to be careful where you walk.  Personally, I'm not a big fan of the path feature.  It makes me all paranoid about messing up my town.

Congrats on the Ceolacanth!
Wii #: 4257-3057-1441-3307   MKart: 2578-3513-8937
Brawl: 4468-0638-0667           City Folk: 4296-6475-9060(Mike/Seacrest)

Offline White Mage

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 17, 2008, 04:35:58 PM »
Great job White Mage!About the paths.Maybe if you don't visit your town for a few days the snow will cover it.I'm not sure.

Nook's Cranny is going to be remodeled tomorrow.So If you want to stop by I have a Cabin Couch and some carpet and wallpaper.Respond here or PM me if ya wanna visit.

I'll definitely visit!  I've actually got a bunch of furniture I need to get rid of and if there's anything you want, you can have it before I sell it all.  That goes for everyone else here too.

What time will you be playing later?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #393 on: December 17, 2008, 04:50:09 PM »

I'll definitely visit!  I've actually got a bunch of furniture I need to get rid of and if there's anything you want, you can have it before I sell it all.  That goes for everyone else here too.

What time will you be playing later?
I'm available when you are available.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 17, 2008, 04:55:56 PM »
Also, you know how a path starts to form when you walk/run over a certain area time and time again?  Does that ever get covered back up from another snowfall?  The only reason I ask is because my town is starting to look kinda dirty instead of the nice white winter setting it once was.

if you plant some flowers where you wore it down the grass will slowly start growing back.  you can't make grass grow in the spots that were all ready dirt covered, though.

And Nook remodels after so much money in his shop has been traded (buy/sell) and after so many days have passed.  both conditions must be met before he will upgrade.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 04:57:50 PM by nitsu niflheim »

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 17, 2008, 05:05:04 PM »

THATS WHAT SHE SAID
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #396 on: December 17, 2008, 05:13:39 PM »

THATS WHAT SHE SAID

Ha Ha very funny.

White Mage let me know when you can play.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline White Mage

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 17, 2008, 05:34:56 PM »

THATS WHAT SHE SAID

Ha Ha very funny.

White Mage let me know when you can play.

Haha. I'll actually be on for the next hour or so - if that works for you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 17, 2008, 05:36:13 PM »
I might drop by later, Maxi, if it's okay. Not much to do in my town today with Nook closed, but I can't wait for Nookway tomorrow.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 17, 2008, 05:39:10 PM »
I visited General Traag today he has a nice house.Lots of Mario items.After that he visited my village.He got some designs.
After he left I went to S_B village.I got lots of different insects and fish. I left him some pears. I got an apple.I had fun there.

Sorry I was basically gone the whole time but my GF wanted to play Rockband and I needed to go to bed shortly afterwards so I just left my town on and open.

Hope you caught some good bugs and fish. Once my palm tree line has fully grown, some really valuable beetles will be spawning on them. :)
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64