Author Topic: Next-Generation Sonic Confirmed  (Read 2693 times)

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Next-Generation Sonic Confirmed
« on: May 20, 2005, 06:53:04 AM »
Take that, Shadow!

One of Sega's biggest booth attractions at E3 is a fifteen-minute reel of next-generation footage.  While all of the footage shown is either confirmed for Xbox 360 or undecided, the sequence ends with a lengthy teaser for a new Sonic game.  Since Sonic has been consistently well-received on the GameCube, it will most likely appear on the Revolution (though it was clearly running on an Xbox 360 alpha kit).    

The Sonic teaser is almost completely a cut-scene showing off smooth, real-time renders of Sonic dashing through a meadow and evading huge armies of robots.  To prove the footage is generated on-the-fly, the camera briefly goes into first-person view and the demonstrator shoots rings.  The demo ends with Sonic turning into Super Sonic and flying into a mass of enemies.    

Ben Kosmina contributed to this article.  

::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Next-Generation Sonic Confirmed
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 08:46:23 AM »
Unless they fix what's broken with 3-D Sonic (which hasn't happened in four games), I could care less.

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 09:07:22 AM »
I still say they need to do a Massive, 50+ level epic of a 2D Sonic game.  
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 09:22:17 AM »
Does anyone else have this weird feeling Sega, Sammy, Silicon Knights, and Microsoft are all about to become the same company?  Hmmm...
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline gally

• What 'chu talkin' 'bout Internet?
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Next-Generation Sonic Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 01:02:37 PM »
I found the perfect Sonic game for me at Sonic Robo Blast 2. Played with analog controls turned on, it's IMO what a 3D Sonic should be.

Sega needs to top that if they really want my attention. It's one hell of a statement when fans somehow manage to outdo the company of their inspiration (something that tends to happen, like, never).  

Offline Sonicjam105

• View Profile
RE:Next-Generation Sonic Confirmed
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 04:15:05 PM »
were i can see the teaser g4 did show it at e3

Offline ssj4_android

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 06:56:13 PM »
Link?