Author Topic: Microsoft's Xbox Kinect - Nov 4th 2010  (Read 215242 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Microsoft's Project Natal
« Reply #225 on: December 02, 2009, 03:47:53 PM »
It sounds legit and that makes it all the funnier.

My feeling is that, once you've read one news paper article/heard a news spot on tv/radio.. you've heard em all.

i'm glad you read it, i took too long trying to get it sound JUST right.
I can understand that. I tried to attempt to make a mock IGN review, but I don't think my brain can drop so many IQ points in order to make something like that.

i think i remember reading that (if you posted it here) and my brain hurt just trying to read it.. i can't imagine trying to emulate it.

Why is it that most "Hardcore" gaming review sites are Xbox Fanboys, and most News outlets are moronic and couldn't tell the difference between a NES and a N64 *Cough*FOX*Cough*?

because the xbox fanboys grew up in a generation where there were video games, fox news correspondents had hula hoops and ball and paddles?

Oh and the term "hardcore news sites" make me think of a bunch of frat boys hanging out trying to run a news site, taking drinks everytime they're editing a story and come across a typo or playing other games.. like how fast can you right an article and how many insults can you throw in there.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #226 on: December 02, 2009, 04:29:27 PM »
HIGH FIVE, SERIOUS GAMER WRITERS
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline mac<censored>

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 02, 2009, 07:17:40 PM »
Oh and the term "hardcore news sites" make me think of a bunch of frat boys hanging out trying to run a news site, taking drinks everytime they're editing a story and come across a typo or playing other games.. like how fast can you right an article and how many insults can you throw in there.

The Japan Times (http://www.japantimes.co.jp), despite being a real newspaper with a fairly large circulation and a long history (founded 1897!) always struck me as being written by frat boys.  I imagine this is because, being an English newspaper in Japan, they find it hard to find real journalists, and end up relying on the inebriated losers that make up most of the expatriate community...

Maybe it used to be better, back in the day.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 02, 2009, 11:06:42 PM »
The kicker would have been a "Nintendo Playstation 360". 

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 02, 2009, 11:45:41 PM »
Ugh...
EA's CEO wants Nintendo to make hardcore games more often.
by *insert gaming media outlet slave here*

After the release of Dead Space: Extraction, EA's attempt to satisfy Nintendo's hardcore audience despite the fact it could have easily worked as a FPS, EA's CEO decides to troll for attention by saying that Nintendo needs to make more hardcore games. We, being the ignorant gaming media, outright agree with this statement because without trolling the web we won't get our money hats.

"Nintendo needs to make more hardcore games. Why? Because Dead Space: Extraction failed due to us dragging our asses and spouting PR bullshit. Hell, I'm doing it right now but I know I'm right because I am a big wig CEO." EA's CEO says. "Well Nintendo? Do something! Now excuse me, I'm going to lay off 1000 employees."

Despite high sales of family friendly affair, many third party efforts are selling below par not due to being mediocre at best but because the audience is not there. See that folks, we trolled the entire Wii fanbase! Now give us money because we need the internet hits!
I hate myself right now.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #230 on: December 03, 2009, 12:07:12 AM »
That sort of thing is not healthy.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 03, 2009, 12:32:35 PM »
Trueblue needs to stand in front of a mirror and repeat those happy mantras
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 03, 2009, 01:07:04 PM »
We need to make a month "Mock Gaming Media" centered.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 03, 2009, 01:33:13 PM »
When I think of a hardcore media outlet, i think of someone having sex with 3 women and jumping out of an airplane with a parachute, taking a shot of whiskey on the way down, pulling out a jar with a tarantula and ripping out its legs, pulling the parachute cord, that failing, then gliding over to another airplane, holding on, and then while holding on typing a review for a game.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #234 on: December 03, 2009, 01:43:03 PM »
"I don't normally drink, beer.  But when I do, I drink DOS EQUIS."

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 03, 2009, 02:19:00 PM »
When I think of a hardcore media outlet, i think of someone having sex with 3 women and jumping out of an airplane with a parachute, taking a shot of whiskey on the way down, pulling out a jar with a tarantula and ripping out its legs, pulling the parachute cord, that failing, then gliding over to another airplane, holding on, and then while holding on typing a review for a game.

"NO OnLINE! THIS GAME FUCKIN' SUCKS"
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 03, 2009, 02:37:33 PM »
Which months and themes have already been taken? We need a "Mock Gaming Media" month. Seriously.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 03, 2009, 06:20:55 PM »
When I think of a hardcore media outlet, i think of someone having sex with 3 hookers and jumping out of an airplane with a parachute, taking a shot of whiskey on the way down, pulling out a jar with a tarantula and ripping out its legs, pulling the parachute cord, that failing, then gliding over to another airplane, holding on, and then while holding on typing a review for a game.

fixed. "hardcore" game reviwers can't get sex unless its paid for.

Which months and themes have already been taken? We need a "Mock Gaming Media" month. Seriously.

we have a whole thread for it, we don't really need a month. a month would imply avatar changes and possibly trolling of talkback threads.

... on second thought..

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 03, 2009, 06:24:18 PM »
Good point.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 22, 2009, 02:55:41 AM »
Late to the Update, but Natal has some Lag Issues.

‘Natal lag issues will hurt game development’
Traveller’s Tales’ director Jon Burton fears that a controllerless UI will limit its flexibility for different genres and games.

Microsoft has invested significant money and time to ensure its upcoming motion controller Natal is as accomplished as its host console, yet suspected “lag issues” may curb the peripheral’s chances of success.
That was the view offered by Traveller’s Tales company director Jon Burton, who told Develop that his own experience with the hands-free controller raised doubts.

“I was actually more impressed with Sony’s motion capture solution than Microsoft’s Natal,” he said as part of this week’s Develop Jury Service.

“[Natal is] exceedingly clever, but the lag on the input and lack of physical buttons is really going to restrict the kind of games that can be done with it,” he added, before going on to praise Sony’s (currently nameless) alternative.

“Sony’s solution will be cheap, accurate and will put buttons at your fingertips, meaning everything from action adventures to FPSes can be handled with the same input.”

Burton’s fear is that any controllerless device will struggle to achieve the level of immediacy and precision that’s found analogue sticks, buttons and mice. And, as such accuracy and fluidity is demanded by a vast number of games and genres, questions have been raised on which kind of games Natal will fit best with.

It has been suggested previously that the flexibility of Natal’s camera could allow for games where a controller and the Natal camera can be used together – a solution that could somewhat defeat the purpose of Natal itself.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 02:57:38 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: December 22, 2009, 11:41:20 AM »
Well that doesn't sound good.  Is it actually possible that UBISoft can find a way to make a worse game for the Natal than their worst for the Wii, just because of this technical issue?
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #241 on: December 25, 2009, 11:16:07 PM »
Anything Ubi comes up with is probably just as advanced (and as ambitious) as the Wiimote minigame in Rabbids Go Home, but starring Splinter Cell or Ass's Creed guys, not much more.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 07, 2010, 03:37:10 PM »
Did anyone realize that CES has started already?

Project Natal is now Software based - no extra chip
GamesIndustry.biz has learned that Microsoft has dropped a chip from its forthcoming Natal motion control system as the platform holder eyes accessible price points in the build-up to release later this year.

The chip, which was responsible for processing information for the Natal's 'bone system,' has been removed in favour of a software solution.
[...]
The load previously handled by the chip now falls on one of the main three Xenon processors, but while taking a "percentage" of performance away from the system, most games don't use up 100 per cent of the available processing power anyway.
[...]
"Patching up older games to run with the new hardware now looks rather unlikely unless they have the CPU time to spare, but hopefully this will serve to focus developers on Natal-specific concepts as opposed to revisiting old classics."
[...]
The removal of the chip almost guarantees that non-Natal games won't be patched to include motion control support, a point previously outlined by Microsoft Game Studios' Kudo Tsunoda.

edit: More info on how Natal works:
http://www.popsci.com/gadgets/article/2010-01/exclusive-inside-microsofts-project-natal
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 03:47:51 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #243 on: January 07, 2010, 04:45:07 PM »
Wait, wait a sec... Natal works?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 07, 2010, 04:49:16 PM »
Wait, wait a sec... Natal works?

Sure, if you don't mind the use of 1/3 of the Xbox 360240's power.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 05:11:55 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Urkel

• Reggie Fart-Aime
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 07, 2010, 05:07:52 PM »
Yet another Malstrom prediction comes true. Natal is being stripped down from what it was shown at E3.
"ROFS? Rolling on the floor... starving?"- Phoenix Wright

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #246 on: January 07, 2010, 05:26:23 PM »
Colbert will have to update his skit.

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 08, 2010, 02:00:19 AM »
Yet another Malstrom prediction comes true. Natal is being stripped down from what it was shown at E3.

This was pretty obvious since the speculated price of Natal was through the roof.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #248 on: January 08, 2010, 02:18:24 AM »
Not really that obvious, cuz there was once a time I thought a major console company wouldn't release a console at $600.

There's no room for "expections" in this business.  So the reasonable course of action is to throw the expectations out the window.

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 08, 2010, 02:28:52 AM »
I just realized that this essentially makes all Natal games Natal only.  If it takes up so much processing power little extras can't be added into new games much less patches on old games.  It is also probably going to make all Natal games have Wii graphics or below.

Not really that obvious, cuz there was once a time I thought a major console company wouldn't release a console at $600.

There's no room for "expections" in this business.  So the reasonable course of action is to throw the expectations out the window.

True, I guess.