Author Topic: Nintendo Reveals More Wii Details  (Read 11778 times)

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
RE:Nintendo Reveals More Wii Details
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2006, 10:18:17 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Athrun Zala, the video looked like real time play
yeah, seems like it

$9 as the top price is excellent, I was expecting some more for rare games....
let's hope Konami hears us and we get Rondo of Blood rool:
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo Reveals More Wii Details
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2006, 10:20:23 AM »
007-373-5963
Yes, that is worth $4.

Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2006, 11:38:04 AM »
$4-$9 is perfectly reasonable, I'm glad it's in that range.  I was honestly expecting more than that.
A little pricey for some NES games, but I don't intend to buy any NES games (having every one ever made as roms burned onto one CD).  I might get the original Zelda, but that'd probably be it.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2006, 11:41:22 AM »
Hahaha, complaining about lack of Pikachu body hair...It almost feels like I stepped into a 360/PS3 topic!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2006, 12:40:11 PM »
I'd rather put rubbing alcohol in my eyes than play Tag Team Wrestling.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2006, 01:21:33 PM »
On the other hand Tecmo World Wrestling...

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2006, 01:22:10 PM »
CONNECTIVITY FTW
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2006, 01:56:21 PM »
Definately a great deal, heck even on ebay once you pay shipping you are up to 4 or 5 dollars for the "cheaper" games, so this is a very good deal. 9$ for N64 and SNES games is also a steal, and if Nintendo does clear them up a bit for emulation (specifically the NES games) I don't see any downside. Heck it is still possible that NIntendo may offer download cards at stores for a cheaper price if you buy them in bulk.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline infinitys_end

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2006, 02:01:04 PM »
does that mean N64 games are going to be $9 max?  I would think that in the US, NES games are going to be $3 min, and $5 max (compare SMB1 to Kirby's Adventure) and then SNES games are going to be $5-10, (compare SMW to Yoshi's Island) and then N64 games are going to be $10-15 (Mario 64 to Zelda).  But then again - if ALL games are going to be in the price range of $3-10, encompassing all systems, then that's great news.

You guys can't forget to take 1 major thing into consideration:  Just like the NES games released on GBA, Nintendo likes to ramp up the prices as an unwritten "convenience fee."  

I'll say it before, and I'll say it again:  I'm not paying for games I already own. (AND STILL PLAY!)
NO SIGNATURE IMAGES

Offline joshnickerson

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2006, 02:09:16 PM »
Yikes. The new Pokemon looks pretty damn good. They finally actually make contact with each other, and it looked like the arena can suffer damage as well. I just hope they finally give these creatures the anime voices, and not the same Gameboy cries we've been subjected to for years.

On a side note, is anybody else kind of surprised they haven't bothered to make a cel-shaded Pokemon game? I mean, it's just BEGGING for that kind of style.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2006, 02:45:13 PM »
I have some bad news, apparently that article is a bit mistranslated, and that the price range applies to NEW games developed for the VC.

From IGN-Wii
"June 7, 2006 - Nintendo president Satoru Iwata outlined a price range for some games on Wii's Virtual Console download service during a marketing conference held in Japan on Wednesday. The company leader said that some Virtual Console games would cost between ¥500 and ¥1,000 yen, or $4.50 and $8.99 USD.

"We'd like people to play new, low-scale games for ¥500 yen or ¥1000 yen," Iwata stated.

These prices apparently encapsulate only titles newly created for the Virtual Console. It is not yet clear if classic NES, S-NES and N64 games will fall under the same price range umbrella."

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2006, 03:27:15 PM »
I'm not willing to pay more than $15CAD for VC games. As for prices for indy games, well that depends if I have a great impression of the demo of the game, and I do hope indies will have demos.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2006, 04:00:47 PM »

On a side note, is anybody else kind of surprised they haven't bothered to make a cel-shaded Pokemon game? I mean, it's just BEGGING for that kind of style.

YES

I've been crying about this for YEARS.  I want a console Pokemon RPG, cel-shaded, with anime-like character models.  Ideally I'd like it to be an MMORPG, it'd be the only mmorpg I'd actually be interested in.  But simple online battles and perhaps trading would still make me happy.

A game like that would be just about the greatest thing ever.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2006, 04:14:40 PM »
There is one thing I really like about this video.  Previous stadium games had used generic animations for each attack, so it didn't seem like your Ursaring was actually using Mud Slap against your Gligar.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Rize

• Disgruntled
  • Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2006, 06:39:50 PM »

Originally posted by: The Omen
the prices are fine.  $4 is slightly much for an old NES game like Urban Champion.  But $9 is a steal for Snes classics like A Link To The Past or Shadowrun, not to mention N64 classics.  It ends up being a bargain in my eyes.

Besides, who feels like f'ing with the NES, and that hideous blinking screen?I'd sooner pay $4 even if I owned the game then drag all my wires and rubbing alcohol out just to play Tag Team Wrestling.

haha, everyone has their own ritual to make those old NES's work

My trick was to blow the dust off the contacts, then blow humid air onto contacts (make a slow breath from the back of your throat).  The humidity helps initial electrical conductivity.  Then I put the game in just a little more than I have to (don't push it all the way back).  Finally, I push the game down and take another game (a crappy one) and insert it into the nes on top of the other game holding it down (rather than the normal method where the game pops back up a little bit).  Using this trick I can get all but the most nasty or broken game to work on two or three tries.  If not one.

And I'd much rather play the original if I have it than any emulated version, including Wii's.  Metroid Prime's copy of Metroid 1 for example is just a little weird looking compared to the original NES.  The screen dimensions are slightly different and the colors or just a tad off.  Things are a slight bit blurry even.  I hope they do a better job with the Wii emulators.

Offline Michael8983

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2006, 06:57:13 PM »
"On a side note, is anybody else kind of surprised they haven't bothered to make a cel-shaded Pokemon game? I mean, it's just BEGGING for that kind of style."

I'm dissapointed in the lack of cel-shaded Nintendo games period.
I love the style and it's the perfect way to bring that classic sprite-based look into full 3D.
Not to mention how it would cover for the Wii's technical limitations. Attempting to compete with the 360 and PS3 with realistic textured graphics is not a good move IMO when perfectly crisp, bold  cell-shaded graphics are an alternative.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2006, 07:02:57 PM »
I love cell shaded graphics, in fact I am one of those individuals that loved Wind Waker's graphical style. Prefering it over any of the previous Zelda's and even the new one!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2006, 07:11:56 PM »
I personally think this price is very fair...and compared to Xbox live's arcade it is fairly priced.  Actually...sometimes priced better.

If you aren't will to pay the price of of a cup of coffee for a classic game, then don't...someone else will enjoy the game.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2006, 07:14:52 PM »
But like I stated in a previous post, it appears there was a mistranslation if you read IGN's story, these prices are for games MADE for the virtual console. Not the classic games (which may or may not be this price).

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2006, 02:15:45 AM »

Originally posted by: Rize

Originally posted by: The Omen
the prices are fine.  $4 is slightly much for an old NES game like Urban Champion.  But $9 is a steal for Snes classics like A Link To The Past or Shadowrun, not to mention N64 classics.  It ends up being a bargain in my eyes.

Besides, who feels like f'ing with the NES, and that hideous blinking screen?I'd sooner pay $4 even if I owned the game then drag all my wires and rubbing alcohol out just to play Tag Team Wrestling.

haha, everyone has their own ritual to make those old NES's work

My trick was to blow the dust off the contacts, then blow humid air onto contacts (make a slow breath from the back of your throat).  The humidity helps initial electrical conductivity.  Then I put the game in just a little more than I have to (don't push it all the way back).  Finally, I push the game down and take another game (a crappy one) and insert it into the nes on top of the other game holding it down (rather than the normal method where the game pops back up a little bit).  Using this trick I can get all but the most nasty or broken game to work on two or three tries.  If not one.

And I'd much rather play the original if I have it than any emulated version, including Wii's.  Metroid Prime's copy of Metroid 1 for example is just a little weird looking compared to the original NES.  The screen dimensions are slightly different and the colors or just a tad off.  Things are a slight bit blurry even.  I hope they do a better job with the Wii emulators.

You have to go get yourself a new 72 Pin Connector. I replaced mine about a year ago and the NES has worked fine since. No tricks, no blowing in cartridges, every game thus far has worked on the first try. I too had my rituals as a child so I can sympathize.

Back to the article, am I the only one excited about the DS being used as a touch screen controller for the Wii? I think we all knew it was coming but I can't wait to see what they do with this new connectivity. No wires to purchase, no dark screens due to a lack of backlight, no batteries to worry about. Seems like the DS might really help bring Nintendo's whole connectivity feature to the forefront of gaming.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Rize

• Disgruntled
  • Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2006, 02:20:27 PM »
I don't want to disect my console, but I've heard of the replacement connectors.  Is a soldering iron required?  If so, then honestly my little "ritual" isn't that bad.  It literally takes me maybe 5 seconds on average.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2006, 02:35:31 PM »
Replacing the 72-pin connector is a breeze.  You unscrew your NES, pull the old 72-pin connector off the main board (much in a similar fashion to pulling out a cartridge) and push the new 72-pin connector on.  No talent required.

By the way, I am in no way responsible if someone tries this and screw up their NES (or themselves).  I'm just sayin'...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.