Author Topic: It's all coming together... Wii Phone  (Read 8942 times)

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
RE:It's all coming together... Wii Phone
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2006, 05:36:49 PM »

Originally posted by: Infernal Monkey

Originally posted by: mantidor
The more they add to the controller the more I fear the price will go up to unafordable ammounts.

That's why the console itself is only using Game Gear graphics!

Game Gear?  You mean they upgraded the processor, I heard it was going to be Game n Watch in appearance.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
RE: It's all coming together... Wii Phone
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2006, 06:57:34 PM »
I would've liked to have had a Wii phone when I was a wii little lad, but wii were too poor  
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Aussiedude

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2006, 03:20:29 AM »
The Nintendo controller will feature a microphone and will store a user phonebook/address book while it will be used as a VoIP phone and will help gamers communicate while online without the need for a headset. All this comes thanks to a few Nintendo patents unveiled by nrevolutiona which demonstrate exactly how the microphone will be implemented.

Wii phone
Will Wii Win?  

Offline Avinash_Tyagi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2006, 04:02:52 AM »
This will be great for Multiplayer games.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2006, 04:54:36 AM »
I shouldve clarify that even $250 is already borderline unafordable for me, and I wont be using any wifi things, so let me complain :P

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2006, 05:02:42 AM »
I for one would welcome this, I never have enough credit on my mobile phone.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2006, 09:59:11 AM »

Originally posted by: Aussiedude
The Nintendo controller will feature a microphone and will store a user phonebook/address book while it will be used as a VoIP phone and will help gamers communicate while online without the need for a headset. All this comes thanks to a few Nintendo patents unveiled by nrevolutiona which demonstrate exactly how the microphone will be implemented.

Wii phone

Is that site reliable?  That's the first I heard of Nintendo's registration of WiiChannel.com.  Not that that's unlikely, I'm just saying I hadn't heard of it 'til I read that.

I'm sure if it was for real, Planet GameCube would mention it when an official announcement does come out.  And I bet Nintendo will release their announcements now on the same day Sony might ever reveal something actually GOOD about the PS3.  Wii's got momentum, so they're going to deflate Sony every chance they get.

Back on topic, I don't see Nintendo getting into the whole VOIP biz...unless, of course, the infrastructure to support VOIP is already there and it doesn't cost much to maintain.  I don't see it as a super selling point, but it wouldn't hurt.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2006, 04:54:24 AM »
I would imagine that the infrastructure is already in place for something like this given they have a microphone. As long as the Wii can only communicate with other Wii's this is a very simple procedure. One Wii would call another through a friend code. Nintendo has an index of where all the friend codes lead to(an IP address) your Wii sets up a direct connection with your friends Wii, Nintendo wipes their hands clean and walks away, from that point on the Internet will handle everything assuming there is a standard Wii protocol for one Wii to send voice to another Wii. Nintendo really wouldn't need to do anything to make this work, and with the DS it seems this is exactly what they are already doing.
Check out PixlBit!